FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

College Football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: College Football Reply with quote

We used to have a college football thread but it appears it was buried.

I was thinking the other day that Texas A&M is becoming a a great school to draft guys from. There are currently 33 players in the NFL and would make a nice teams

QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - Christine Michael
WR - Mike Evans
TE - Martellus Bennett
LT - Jake Matthews
LG -Luke Jockel
C -Jarvis Harrison
RG - Germain Ifedi
RT - Cedric Ogbuehi
Swing Guard - Cody Wallace

DE - Michael Bennett
DT - Red Bryant
DE - Tony Jerrod-Eddie
OLB - Von Miller
DB - Deshazor Everett
DB - Devontae Harris
DB - Steven Terrell
DB - Brandon Williams

K - Josh Lambo
P - Shane Lechluer

There are a few weak spots. Some guys are on practice squads or still trying to make a team

RB - Tra Carson
OLB - Sean Porter
DE - Julia Obioha (IR)
CB - Truman Jacobs

And there are a few guys who will be in the league next year that would add a lot of value to an all Aggie NFL team

DE - Myles Garrett
DE - Dashon Hall
WR - Josh Reynolds

the aggies have also had a 1st round pick in every draft since 2011

2011 - Von Miller #2
2012 - Ryan Tannehill #9
2013 - Luke Joeckel #2
2014 - Jake Matthews #6
2014 - Mike Evans #7
2014 - Johnny Football #22
2015 - Cedric Ogpuehi #21
2016 - Germain Ifedi #31

nice little streak they have going that Garett will continue this season being probably a top 5 pick barring injury.

2018 is a little difficult to see who might step it up

WR - Christian Kirk is a possibility
FS - Armani Wyatts is another to look for
SS - Donathan Wilson

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Bullock demands a recount. You could have padded the numbers by giving Javorskie Lane a FB spot. Kinda ironic that ex QB Jamiell Showers has an NFL job and Johnny doesn't - dont ya think? Jerrod Johnson still logs NFL roster time every summer (9 teams at last count).

Looking at that list, gotta wonder where all that Swag Copter SEC recruiting edge is. Sure reads like a list of great Mike Sherman recruits. But yeah, Miles Garrett...

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louisville ruining UH's chance to make the playoffs. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Louisville ruining UH's chance to make the playoffs. Sad

Nah win and they in

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go back and look at the Aggies 2014 recruiting class, it was loaded, almost no busts and almost all the guys are starters or in the 2 deep rotation.

its like looking at the depth chart

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aggies are becoming the ultimate bend but don't break team.

They are currently ranked 96th in yards allowed per game and are ranked 21st in points per game at under 20....its maddening to watch, but its nice they hold most of the time.

honestly though, they have probably given up 300 yards in garbage time at the end of a few games that were put away.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give your Ags props for putting on an immensely entertaining game, but giving up 21 pts in the 4th quarter then missing a 38 yarder to save it at home isn't exactly "bending not breaking," that's imploding. ESPN & SEC Network can try all they want to hype Tenn as some sort of powerhouse, but just not buying a team that gifts 7 turnovers as legit - that's still the same team that should have lost to an FBS squad. SEC needs to hype something redeeming in its Sun Belt quality East and this year it's Tenn. Seriously - they get to lose to Alabama, then walk thru South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee Tech, Mizzou, and Vanderbilt. The myth of the "gauntlet" that is the SEC schedule which STILL includes the November FBS dates instead of a conference game needs to be forever dismissed.

Crazy thing is, I actually think your Ags have a punchers chance at taking down Bama this year. Unfortunately, I also can see Ole Miss and/or LSU crushing those dreams. How on EARTH do you guys still have three bye weeks left, this week + New Mexico State, & UTSA?

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
I'll give your Ags props for putting on an immensely entertaining game, but giving up 21 pts in the 4th quarter then missing a 38 yarder to save it at home isn't exactly "bending not breaking," that's imploding. ESPN & SEC Network can try all they want to hype Tenn as some sort of powerhouse, but just not buying a team that gifts 7 turnovers as legit - that's still the same team that should have lost to an FBS squad. SEC needs to hype something redeeming in its Sun Belt quality East and this year it's Tenn. Seriously - they get to lose to Alabama, then walk thru South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee Tech, Mizzou, and Vanderbilt. The myth of the "gauntlet" that is the SEC schedule which STILL includes the November FBS dates instead of a conference game needs to be forever dismissed.

Crazy thing is, I actually think your Ags have a punchers chance at taking down Bama this year. Unfortunately, I also can see Ole Miss and/or LSU crushing those dreams. How on EARTH do you guys still have three bye weeks left, this week + New Mexico State, & UTSA?

Aggies are the only team in the nation with 5 power 5 wins and a 4-0 conference record.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we get it. The Aggies are off to a good start again. Heading into week 8 last year Baylor was #2, TCU was #3, Utah was #4, LSU #6, Florida #8, A&M #9, all undefeated. A&M finished unranked with 5 losses, Florida #25 with 4 losses, Utah #17 with 3 losses, LSU #16 with 3 losses, Baylor #11 with 3 losses (and 4 injured QBs), and TCU #7 with 2 losses. Hard to imagine any more than 3 or 4 losses left for the Aggies this season, but I would think Aggie nation would have learned by now to focus on actually finishing in the top half of the SEC West for the first time since Johnny's Heisman season rather than going right back to this "We Run This State" nonsense. Try running Mississippi or Louisiana first, then get back to me...

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Yes, we get it. The Aggies are off to a good start again. Heading into week 8 last year Baylor was #2, TCU was #3, Utah was #4, LSU #6, Florida #8, A&M #9, all undefeated. A&M finished unranked with 5 losses, Florida #25 with 4 losses, Utah #17 with 3 losses, LSU #16 with 3 losses, Baylor #11 with 3 losses (and 4 injured QBs), and TCU #7 with 2 losses. Hard to imagine any more than 3 or 4 losses left for the Aggies this season, but I would think Aggie nation would have learned by now to focus on actually finishing in the top half of the SEC West for the first time since Johnny's Heisman season rather than going right back to this "We Run This State" nonsense. Try running Mississippi or Louisiana first, then get back to me...

Nailed it.

BTW - SEC 8 game conference schedule remains the most chronically under reported farce going. Aggies get New Mexico & UTSA with two losses to 5-5 & 4-6 Mississippi teams in between while non SEC schools are playing tough meaningful conference games. 2nd place Kentucky has 4 SEC wins this year and only one OOC!!! Enough with the myth of the "grueling" SEC schedule & it's bonus vacation week. But yeah, next year watch out for the return of Arky and Tenn (aka pre-season rankings). But yep, Bama sure is good and LSU is still 2nd best.

Texans02

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheering for A&M is soul-crushing under Sumlin. Every year, you try not to get your hopes up because you know the team folds in the second half of the season. Every year, you get your hopes up anyway. And every year, it comes crashing down in spectacular fashion.

Back to back losses to rebuilding Mississippi schools when playoffs were on the table... that may actually get Sumlin canned.

Yes please!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Cheering for A&M is soul-crushing under Sumlin. Every year, you try not to get your hopes up because you know the team folds in the second half of the season. Every year, you get your hopes up anyway. And every year, it comes crashing down in spectacular fashion.

Back to back losses to rebuilding Mississippi schools when playoffs were on the table... that may actually get Sumlin canned.

The way things shaked out, we might have still gotten in with the Miss State loss, but not now.

Its really frustrating and I want to can Sumlin, but at the same time we just got racked by the injury bug. We were missing 3 guys in the secondary in the 2nd half last week and Myles garrett has been hurt all season.

Losing trevor Knight might not help us this year, but it definitely helps us next year. Hubenak will be the guy next year unless Mond or Starkel just come in and light the world on fire in the off season.

We will pretty much have everyone back on offense. We will be missing 1 offensive Lineman and Josh Reynolds, but we are young and deep on the O-Line and have a lot at WR if everyone comes back.

We are losing some big names on D with Hall, Garrett, Washington and Evans but all 4 of those guys have back ups that have played a lot of minutes. We have also brought in a top rated DE every recruiting class since Garett, so we will get younger but hopefully we won't suffer much there. I think the guys we have can replace the production a hurt Myles Garret has given us.

Next year every starter on our D should be a Jr or a Sr, with 7 seniors. It will be the make or break year in Chavis 3rd year as coach.

I think we are set up nicely for next season, so i think we give Sumlin 1 more chance, but if we don't get to 10 wins next year, he can leave with about 3/4 of our starters and we can start over.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a bit Aggy-ish of me (rooting for others to fail instead of for my team), but watching the Longhorns lose to Kansas and flail around the field crying and throwing tantrums has to be the highlight of an otherwise miserable college football season for me. I'll at least give you Ags credit for being consistent with your delusions of grandeur every September. Watching the fair weather burnt orange gentry around here hop back on the bandwagon after the Notre Dame game was almost as hilarious as them suddenly embracing the "core values" gospel of St. Charlie after decades of decadence. Well orangebloods colors don't change any more than maroon and watching the burnt nation collectively lower the flag today and unite again under their new savior Herman is just so Texas.

I just can't wait to see what righteous spin they get their patsies at Texas Monthly, Dallas Morning News, and ESPN/SEC/LHN to weave this offseason or if they seek out another target to destroy off the field to try to level a playing field all their money still can't buy. My bet is a few Chip Brown hit pieces on SMU's Chad Morris because he dares to worship at an altar outside Austin (despite coaching another previous "savior" in Lake Travis golden boy Garrett Gilbert who fell victim to the 40 acres flu) and smudged the Herman Halo by throttling the Coogs. Setting my watch for 2019 when the "big money donors" declare that Gary Patterson was their guy all along or send their hatchet-men to try to destroy him. 2024 they are coming after you Kliffy in order to appeal to women because Fat Pat was the problem with the Longhorn Network and not the fact the replays of the 2005 season have gotten a bit stale after 20 years.

Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: