Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Boykin Bowl, Seahawks @ Jets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Week 4: Boykin Bowl, Seahawks @ Jets Reply with quote

The only way we have a chance against the jets is if Boykin uses his legs for 70+ yards on the ground and can avoid turnovers with super conservative play. The only interceptions I want to see him from him are big arm shots down the field. At least it'll make the defense think twice.

Baldwin, Lockett and to a much lesser extent P-Rich can all get open downfield. We need steady read option, playaction and shots down field. No short game stuff or screens for boykin, he will throw picks to that defense with his God Awful short range accuracy and decision making. I've seen him throw the ball directly to defenders twice this season...that's all i need to see.

I pray we can somehow get passed the Jets to go 3-1 into the bye and get some much needed rest for Wilson, Lockett, Baldwin and Prosise. Hopefully we can get Ifedi back as well.

Please do not let Boykin make throws over the middle or to the short sideline or to the hb flat or to the screen of any kind...he will ruin us. Safe hitches, deep go routes, 50-50 balls and routes with Graham and Baldwin sitting in traffic. Hopefully he doesn't trun it over more than twice, i anticipate a fumble and an untimely pick.

Jets 20-16, I'd predict a close win at home.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Wilson been ruled out yet besides a bleacher report?
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:

Add in the Zman report. I hope it's Boykin. It's the smart choice and I have faith in the guy. KISS principal. Throw the ball away if it's not wide open then Punt & rely on the defense. Avoid pressure & run! Throw the ball high to Graham.

Our defense needs to come to the party with a big turnover. How about a pick 6? Blitz, blindside Fitz for a fumble & kick a FG. Richard needs to pull his head out, too. A top D can force Fitz into mistakes. Bring it, guys!

16-13 Hawks.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

Add in the Zman report. I hope it's Boykin. It's the smart choice and I have faith in the guy. KISS principal. Throw the ball away if it's not wide open then Punt & rely on the defense. Avoid pressure & run! Throw the ball high to Graham.

Our defense needs to come to the party with a big turnover. How about a pick 6? Blitz, blindside Fitz for a fumble & kick a FG. Richard needs to pull his head out, too. A top D can force Fitz into mistakes. Bring it, guys!

16-13 Hawks.

Many are probably going to disagree with me but i do not mind Wilson playing only because 3 games isn't going to make him feel better what he has usually takes a month and a half to heal so i really don't think the time off is going to be that beneficial.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait so Wilson is playing?? That's news to me, I was under the impression that he would be sitting out until after the bye week. At least that's what I read

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Wait so Wilson is playing?? That's news to me, I was under the impression that he would be sitting out until after the bye week. At least that's what I read
Everything I have seen is that he's playing

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Everything I have seen is that he's playing

I read through a link on facebook from 247sports that he was going to be out til after the bye. My mistake. That changes things

Zman724

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had that practice squad player come play last week & carried 4 times, 1 more than Collins. He was cut. Why did he even get the carries?

Onto CJ Spiller, great return man and a 3rd down back. Again, if some practice squad guy can run 4 times, CJ can learn 3 plays. Screen Right, Screen Left & Block the DE.

Yes, guys, that is easy. We don't need Belichick to execute that. omg.

I'm going to beat this drum until we execute this simple play. I see teams every week execute this. Skins won their game last week vs the G-men by this play. This is how you beat aggressive front 4's & 7's. Today's game may have changed but the effectiveness of this play has not. It's SIMPLE!!

.... https://streamable.com/92a2 ...

This is old school Seahawk football. So anyone 35 yo or under never saw this. It's time to click the link & know the history of our Offensive weapons because I doubt you've seen this. Enjoy.
Zman724

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

16-13 Hawks.

Many are probably going to disagree with me but i do not mind Wilson playing only because 3 games isn't going to make him feel better what he has usually takes a month and a half to heal so i really don't think the time off is going to be that beneficial.

It's the principal, not the difference in injuries. Texans brought JJ Watt back too early. It was a stupid decision then, not 20/20, said it then. Guess what? He's now out for the year. Sammy Watkins. Another stupid, let's rush him back. He's about to be out 10 weeks. Different injury but Rawls shouldn't have been playing. I said RW shouldn't have been playing vs 9ers. Now it's a mcl sprain. What happens is the player compensates for the injury & gets off kilter. Whether it's throwing motion or undue pressure on the other knee or ankle.

What are we waiting for? a season ending injury. Love RW. Can't play with out him. If we're going to play the Vikings in the NFCCG, we have to have him & this jet game isn't a do or die game. 2014, 3-3 start = SB. Even last years 2-4 led to a divisional. We weren't topping Panthers 15-1 anyway.

I have a strong gut feel, intuition, whatever & this is ridiculous that we're allowing our whole franchise to play in an early morning east coast game vs an aggressive Todd Bowles Defense. His Cardinal teams knocked RW around silly. Now with a bad ankle, a brace, he's going to show us how to play D. Aggressive blitz packages = trouble.

If we hold back RW & see how the game is being played for the 1st half and keep him in uni w/ no helmet fine. Just don't start him. East Coast games are when he comes alive in the 2nd half anyway. Bears? Falcons? Last year vs Carolina? It's always a lousy, hyperbole?, 1st half at 10 am. Always.

It's 100% selfishness on Pete Carroll. Doctors will give early clearance & Pete will take RW's view. So he practiced well with a red shirt on. bfd. Those aren't live bullets to really test the injury.

Done with the soapbox rant but just wanted fans to be aware of the idiocy of our President & Coach. I love Pete but he's showing delusional tendencies.
redforman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boykin Bowl? There was no doubt in my mind that Russ would play this week. They said he was fine all along...

Decker is out. I think Sherman will shut down a banged up Marshall. Fitz has a noodle arm and we should be all over him. I see some big turnovers.

I think you guys are worrying too much about the Wilson injury. He will be fine. He will play it safe and have a bye to rest up.

I think we win something like 24-10
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ifedi will be starting this week. I hope it makes an improvement to where we can run on the right side now to mix it up a little bit.

I'm not worried about Russ either. Dude is a baller and leader of the team. He wouldnt let his teammates down when he is able to play. Just isnt who he is. It would obviously suck if he gets hurt worse but thats the risk every Sunday.

I just hope the defense gets some turnovers and holds them under 10 points
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, RW isn't on the final injury report which doesn't make sense. At least list him as probable or questionable.

Will the Hawks have a Boykin package as suggested? I hope it's a solid 10 play package with another 5 in the back pocket.

... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/02/will-seahawks-have-a-trevone-boykin-package-on-sunday/ ...

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Mcevoy!
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have been more wrong about this game and the health of our franchise. WOW. He is throwing dimes all over the field. We all see it. Amazing. Nicely done stepping up into the pocket.

Give PC a lot of credit. Getting CJ into the game for a TD. McElvoy for a TD. Graham and Baldwin look great. WOW.

As far as the D, if it isn't obvious that we miss Jarran Reed, I'm not sure what is. Jets are running run at his vacated spot.

What a game! Go Hawks!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Russ gives Jimmy a chance to make plays now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: