Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Schwartz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Jim Schwartz Reply with quote

We should have hired him over Mike Smith. The Eagles have literally no studs in the secondary, yet here they are playing lights out defense. It makes me sick thinking we didn't even bring him in. We have way more talent then they do on defense. Its still early so things could change but its something to ponder about.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Jim Schwartz Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
We should have hired him over Mike Smith. The Eagles have literally no studs in the secondary, yet here they are playing lights out defense. It makes me sick thinking we didn't even bring him in. We have way more talent then they do on defense. Its still early so things could change but its something to ponder about.

That wasn't going to happen dude.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we wait until they play at least a handful of legit NFL teams? Browns and Bears...

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles fan here with a quick update. Eventually, the CB's got exposed pretty badly down the stretch, and a Schwartz defense known for getting to the QB just couldn't do it. Now, part of the problem was our DE's. Graham is great at getting pressure but he had no one opposite him, but that's when Jim should've dialed up some blitzes and he just didn't do it.

Underwhelming season on the whole, but hopefully we get some talent in next season and it's a different story.

And on the plus side, your defense came together and finished up pretty damn strong. Hargreaves looks like he had some ups and downs but the experience from this season will be invaluable going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Eagles fan here with a quick update. Eventually, the CB's got exposed pretty badly down the stretch, and a Schwartz defense known for getting to the QB just couldn't do it. Now, part of the problem was our DE's. Graham is great at getting pressure but he had no one opposite him, but that's when Jim should've dialed up some blitzes and he just didn't do it.

Underwhelming season on the whole, but hopefully we get some talent in next season and it's a different story.

And on the plus side, your defense came together and finished up pretty damn strong. Hargreaves looks like he had some ups and downs but the experience from this season will be invaluable going forward.

It was definitely interesting to see how the season went on and the bucs D started trending upwards and playing very well mid season. Looking back I wouldn't change.

As for eagles what happened to Vinny Curry? I know they gave him a nice raise and he didn't really live to to it but why? Injuries? I know some people from the Bucs forum really wanted to bring him here.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sryan66611 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

It was definitely interesting to see how the season went on and the bucs D started trending upwards and playing very well mid season. Looking back I wouldn't change.

As for eagles what happened to Vinny Curry? I know they gave him a nice raise and he didn't really live to to it but why? Injuries? I know some people from the Bucs forum really wanted to bring him here.

Eagles fans are all wondering the same thing. With Connor Barwin being a TOTAL non factor in a 4-3, lots of fans wanted to see Curry and Graham at the end spots but it just never happened.

He should get a decent bump in snaps next year so maybe that'll be the better barometer of who he is as a player, or maybe his best fit really WAS as an undersized gap penetrating 3-4 defensive lineman. Either way we probably won't know until next season when Barwin is likely cut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: