Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Sean Payton: Official Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
Payton is a straight up garbage play caller. He designs great plays, but he uses them atrociously and gets way the [inappropriate/removed] too cute.

This is nothing new.

3rd and inches, ground game averaging 5+ for the game.......Double reverse option flea flicker! Wait, NOOO, TRIPLE reverse!! HA they'll never see it coming!!! Brilliant!!

<PUNT>

And I [inappropriate/removed] hate the number of times he goes deep and 3rd and 1. I mean [inappropriate/removed], tell your o line to quit being [inappropriate/removed] and block for john kuhn, you should always get a yard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
Payton is a straight up garbage play caller. He designs great plays, but he uses them atrociously and gets way the [inappropriate/removed] too cute.

This is nothing new.

3rd and inches, ground game averaging 5+ for the game.......Double reverse option flea flicker! Wait, NOOO, TRIPLE reverse!! HA they'll never see it coming!!! Brilliant!!

<PUNT>

And I [inappropriate/removed] hate the number of times he goes deep and 3rd and 1. I mean [inappropriate/removed], tell your o line to quit being [inappropriate/removed] and block for john kuhn, you should always get a yard.
Payton has become too predictable. I don't get to watch more than about 3-6 games a year (due to my region) and I can tell you most of the plays he's going to call.

If he weren't such a control freak, he'd give Brees the power that Peyton Manning had. Send in 3 plays (1 or 2 runs, 1 or 2 passes) and let the QB decide based on the defensive alignment.
Highboltage55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Hey what's up guys? Reply with quote

You can probably tell by the .avi and name I am a Chargers fan, I just wanted to stop by and get a "feel" for how you guys are currently evaluating Sean Payton.

Seems like for the most part you want him gone-it seems like a similar case of how most GB Packer fans felt earlier in the season with McCarthy. Payton/McCarthy obviously have the Super Bowl accolade to their names, but in recent years have struggled. I know you guys are kind of in "salary cap hell" right now, paying a lot of dead $ to guys who aren't even on the team (i.e. Gallette, Graham, etc.), and the Defense for the majority of Payton's tenure have been abysmal.

My question is, do you honestly think a change of scenery would do wonders? Some people think Payton might want to "return home" to the West Coast and coach the Rams, but I think currently the Chargers are in a better situation to win. No doubt about it we are ran by probably the most inept owners with the Spanos family, but we actually drafted pretty well this past year and have had a lot of guys "step up" and contribute that were no-names / cast-off's from other teams.

Our coaching situation is god-awful, I can't wait for Mike McCoy to be shown the door and to be quite frank I think most Charger fans would actually welcome Sean Payton. I have read how you guys feel he is overly egotistical regarding his play calls and taking "reigns" of the OC role to spite Gregg Williams, but do you think he could have success in San Diego? Honestly it can't get much worse than Mike McCoy, and whatever "window" we have left with Philip Rivers (if you consider that we even have a potential window of opportunity) is closing FAST!

I don't think our owners would go out and hire another 1st time Head Coach after the failed McCoy experiment. I would welcome potential guys like Dan Campbell, Sean McDermott or Kyle Shannahan but I think given our current situation (aging vet Rivers and his supporting cast) we would be better off with a coach with experience. I was a big Zimmer and Hue Jackson fan, but that ship has long sailed. Some Bolt fans are clamoring for Tom Coughlin , which I could live with despite his age-I just hope to god the Chargers organization stays away from Marvin Lewis once he is canned from Cinci (seems like a "chargeresque" move to go out and hire him).

Anyways I just wanted to get a general feel about the Pro's and Con's of Sean Payton. From an outsider's perspective he seems like one of the top Offensive Minds in the game, but obviously hasn't had much success in recent years. I know he was just extended last offseason for big $ and a long-term contract, but is their an "out" similar to how Fisher was just canned by the Rams?

Good luck the rest of the way-Cam Jordan is a stud!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey what's up guys? Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
You can probably tell by the .avi and name I am a Chargers fan, I just wanted to stop by and get a "feel" for how you guys are currently evaluating Sean Payton.

Seems like for the most part you want him gone-it seems like a similar case of how most GB Packer fans felt earlier in the season with McCarthy. Payton/McCarthy obviously have the Super Bowl accolade to their names, but in recent years have struggled. I know you guys are kind of in "salary cap hell" right now, paying a lot of dead $ to guys who aren't even on the team (i.e. Gallette, Graham, etc.), and the Defense for the majority of Payton's tenure have been abysmal.

My question is, do you honestly think a change of scenery would do wonders? Some people think Payton might want to "return home" to the West Coast and coach the Rams, but I think currently the Chargers are in a better situation to win. No doubt about it we are ran by probably the most inept owners with the Spanos family, but we actually drafted pretty well this past year and have had a lot of guys "step up" and contribute that were no-names / cast-off's from other teams.

Our coaching situation is god-awful, I can't wait for Mike McCoy to be shown the door and to be quite frank I think most Charger fans would actually welcome Sean Payton. I have read how you guys feel he is overly egotistical regarding his play calls and taking "reigns" of the OC role to spite Gregg Williams, but do you think he could have success in San Diego? Honestly it can't get much worse than Mike McCoy, and whatever "window" we have left with Philip Rivers (if you consider that we even have a potential window of opportunity) is closing FAST!

I don't think our owners would go out and hire another 1st time Head Coach after the failed McCoy experiment. I would welcome potential guys like Dan Campbell, Sean McDermott or Kyle Shannahan but I think given our current situation (aging vet Rivers and his supporting cast) we would be better off with a coach with experience. I was a big Zimmer and Hue Jackson fan, but that ship has long sailed. Some Bolt fans are clamoring for Tom Coughlin , which I could live with despite his age-I just hope to god the Chargers organization stays away from Marvin Lewis once he is canned from Cinci (seems like a "chargeresque" move to go out and hire him).

Anyways I just wanted to get a general feel about the Pro's and Con's of Sean Payton. From an outsider's perspective he seems like one of the top Offensive Minds in the game, but obviously hasn't had much success in recent years. I know he was just extended last offseason for big $ and a long-term contract, but is their an "out" similar to how Fisher was just canned by the Rams?

Good luck the rest of the way-Cam Jordan is a stud!

Payton was VERY VERY close to becoming the HC is San Francisco last year and yes most close to him feel he covets a west cost job. He's very much a diva and the allure to LA either with the Rams or Chargers would likely perk his interest.

He's an elite offensive mind however it's a one dimensional one (cannot run nor cares to run the ball) but where ever he goes he would likely have a top 10 offense almost immediately.

The problem with Payton is the fact that he is a complete failure as a COMPLETE football coach as he's NEVER been able to build a defense or even make a functional hire at DC. He allows under performing asst coaches to get away with poor production as long as they are loyal. You mentioned the terrible cap hell the Saints are in, well Saints fans understand that in 2010 (when our downward spiral began) was when Payton get his first contract extension and with that he demanded personal power. Since that day Mickey Loomis has been regulaed to a bean counter who simply makes the deals however needed to be made for Payton to get the players he wants. Payton has final say on draft picks, he's truly failed in every aspect of his job since 2010 except for fielding a top passing NFL offense but how much credit do you even give him for that when he has maybe the best passing QB of his era at his disposal???

The thing is this... Payton has become a FAT COW in NOLA. The owner situation here has allowed him to become comfortable and content and it shows through his teams. Payton and the Saints are in the middle of a long drawn out goodbye that needs to end but likely won't for another year or so.

I do however feel he could have a rebirth with either the Rams or Chargers if he were to consider the move but Loomis isn't going to just let him walk out of his deal so some compensation will have to be agreed on and that's what held him up from the Niners job last offseason.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: