You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Sean Payton: Official Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
My opinion is that it was time to fire Miles and it's time to fire Payton. That does not mean I think there bad coaches, just that there message has gone stale and it's time for new voices in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Same. I wouldn't be surprised if Payton went somewhere else and found success, I don't think he's gonna find it here. Not with the people we've got here to enable him.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I mean is very similar to the LSU and Les Miles situation... Miles came in and won quickly but the longer he stayed around his flaws slowly began to manifest themselves and directly contributed to losing football
Agreed. It takes a lot of balls to make a move like that.

I think the big difference is LSU has had success for a long time, so they expect it, they live for it, they demand it, and they typically get it.

The Saints/Benson..... The Saints have always sucked (with minor exceptions here & there) so when success came, I think Benson got happy, comfortable, and found peace. It's going to be really hard for him to let go of that. Kinda like sending your first child off to college. It hurts, bad! 2nd and 3rd child... yeah, it hurts, but you know you'll live.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I mean is very similar to the LSU and Les Miles situation... Miles came in and won quickly but the longer he stayed around his flaws slowly began to manifest themselves and directly contributed to losing football
Agreed. It takes a lot of balls to make a move like that.

I think the big difference is LSU has had success for a long time, so they expect it, they live for it, they demand it, and they typically get it.

The Saints/Benson..... The Saints have always sucked (with minor exceptions here & there) so when success came, I think Benson got happy, comfortable, and found peace. It's going to be really hard for him to let go of that. Kinda like sending your first child off to college. It hurts, bad! 2nd and 3rd child... yeah, it hurts, but you know you'll live.

Just curious... Who would be y'all's pefered choice to take over for Payton if he is traded/released???

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Just curious... Who would be y'all's pefered choice to take over for Payton if he is traded/released???
I'm not 100% sure who would be available as far as current "unemployed" coaches go. I immediately think of Bill Cower and Jon Gruden. I'd be happy with either of them. Of the two, I'd love to have Gruden. With his knowledge of QB play, and his ability to assemble a defense, I think he'd make an immediate impact with our current roster.

As far as current head coaches, nobody really stands out to me. At least, nobody that's going to be available.

Matt Patricia - Patriots DC - almost 4 years with Bill, runs an effective D with a plug & play type system. I think this guy might have what it takes to run a team. He's defensive minded (which is what we obviously need) and his guys perform for him!

Lots of people are pimping Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC) right now but I think that's a trap. We've seen teams fall for that before. Patriots smoke people with offense, OC gets hired as a HC somewhere, sucks at it, gets fired, meanwhile, Bill B gets another unknown and goes right back to the superbowl.

College
Tom Herman - U of Houston - It's hard to look past what he's doing, but I'd like to see what he does with his own recruiting class.

Art Briles - Baylor's x coach - This guy turns things around pretty nicely. The media would have a hay day with this hire.

Am I an idiot to think about Urban Meyer? The guy gets it done. Not sure how he'd transition into the NFL, but his teams are fun to watch.

I don't follow college too much, so at risk of sounding like a complete buffoon, I'll just stop there.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'll be in the minority on this but my choice would be Jim Mora Jr. He was 31-33 as a NFL head coach but in my opinion he never got a fair shake in the NFL.

With Atlanta he had the Falcons on the doorstep of the Super Bowl before Mike Vick decided to be a team killer and went to jail. Later he gets hired by the Seahawks as they were in complete rebuild and disarray, he was kept for one year because the owner wanted his shot at Pete Carroll but it was actually Mora who began the process of the team Seattle would become.

Then after that bad taste he goes to UCLA and makes that program relevant again and has since been churning out top NFL prospects ever since with names like Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks and Myles Jack as well as his current QB David Rosen who will in all likleyhood be the top pick in the draft when he comes out.

Mora has a ton of connections to the orginazation from when he was an assistant under his dad here and it would be cool to see him get his second chance in the NFL with the Saints and given a chance to follow in his dad's footsteps.

People forget just how successful his dad was here... Payton I think is actually tied with Mora Sr right now for most wins in franchise history.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For replacement I would go with either Ken Zampese for Offense or Bob Babich for Defense. Both have the experience with being somewhat young. Would be able to bring stability to the team.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I know I'll be in the minority on this but my choice would be Jim Mora Jr. He was 31-33 as a NFL head coach but in my opinion he never got a fair shake in the NFL.

I like Jim Mora Jr. I always thought he was pretty good.

As I said, I don't follow college too much, so there are several who I am probably missing.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason to fire Payton..... the win against the Chargers.

This thing was locked up until fluke after fluke happened.

Honestly, I'm surprised that someone can out f*ckup the Saints. That was pathetic.

The only reason we won is because our guys simply happened to be at the right place at the right time. That's it.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/10/saints_maintain_confidence_in.html

Stephen Anthony has played 51 snaps in 4 weeks. He played 1 snap in week 4. ONE.

I don't care what anyone says, last season at WORST he was a good fit at MLB. This FO is ruining this team. I was against the move to OLB, and now everyone else better be too.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/10/saints_maintain_confidence_in.html

Stephen Anthony has played 51 snaps in 4 weeks. He played 1 snap in week 4. ONE.

I don't care what anyone says, last season at WORST he was a good fit at MLB. This FO is ruining this team. I was against the move to OLB, and now everyone else better be too.
At least it's more than Stanley Jena Baptiste. Laughing
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
This FO is ruining this team.
Do you ever wonder if there is some kind of self sabotage going on here? I mean, seriously! Have we ever seen a tenured head coach and GM drive a team so hard and far into the ground like we are seeing with our team? And I'm talking about any team in the Union.

It almost makes me wonder if these guys are begging to get fired so they can go to some ultimate spot that both of them have dreamed about.

It just baffles me. You can't screw up this bad by accident.

I know what worm wrote about time and injuries etc... Frankly, it's the same excuses we've been hearing all along, it's just a different season, that's all.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
It almost makes me wonder if these guys are begging to get fired so they can go to some ultimate spot that both of them have dreamed about.
I suggested this last year. IIRC it got scoffed at at the time.

Payton tried to leave, I see no reason that this isn't a possibility. Especially with Payton, he's got a bit of a history burning bridges.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

Payton tried to leave, I see no reason that this isn't a possibility. Especially with Payton, he's got a bit of a history burning bridges.

They're trying to win, they are just too [inappropriate/removed] to do it. They need to be fired, but I'm not gonna accuse them of purposely destroying the team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

They're trying to win, they are just too [inappropriate/removed] to do it. They need to be fired, but I'm not gonna accuse them of purposely destroying the team.
If they're not "trying" to wreck it, then that's even worse. Literally every other team, other than the Browns, is better than the Saints. Our 1 win was 100% luck. Just pathetic.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

If they're not "trying" to wreck it, then that's even worse. Literally every other team, other than the Browns, is better than the Saints. Our 1 win was 100% luck. Just pathetic.

Yes, the team sucks. Even with how incredibly bad this team is, we are still very close to 3-1 right now. And if we were 3-1, no one would be talking like this. Sean Payton is calling the same [inappropriate/removed] cutesy plays he's always called, only now the team is too [inappropriate/removed] to execute them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: