Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Sean Payton: Official Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Fire Sean Payton: Official Thread Reply with quote

This is the all new "Fire Sean Payton" thread.

Please post all the reasons (one reason per post, please. It makes for easier quoting) to fire Sean Payton ASAP.

I'm sure some of you would like to defend his actions, so feel free to. In the mean time, we'll just hang him out to dry here.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the game was being lost, with about 4 minutes in the 4th quarter, we're at 4th & 21, well within field goal range, Brees motions to Payton for a field goal, and Payton sends the offense back out.

Even the QB didn't want to risk it! He wanted the points and another try at a drive, but the egocentric coach disagreed, ran a play that didn't work, and put our defense back on the field to ultimately finish the game.

Another pathetic performance by Sean Payton.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense may literally be worse than an SEC defense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Our defense may literally be worse than an SEC defense.
No joke.
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know where to start. I am just waiting until Payton leaves to go to Dallas already. His motivation appears gone and the void replaced with arrogance. This team is just as entitled as he is at this point it seems. "But we have only loss thus far by this many points!" Doesn't matter, you lost. A loss is a loss, but losing is a habit brought on by entitlement.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I don't even know where to start. I am just waiting until Payton leaves to go to Dallas already. His motivation appears gone and the void replaced with arrogance. This team is just as entitled as he is at this point it seems. "But we have only loss thus far by this many points!" Doesn't matter, you lost. A loss is a loss, but losing is a habit brought on by entitlement.
This game was lost during the first punt of the game.
Our D actually held the Falcons to a 3 & out and then dippidy do dah runs into ding dong face, then grabs it and fumbles.... Any idea of the defense keeping fresh is gone at this point.

THEN.... THEN Payton, in his brilliance, runs 3 solid passing plays when the run was not only working, but working very well. The run is what set up our 1st TD. So now, the defense that just stopped ATL for a 3 & out and then has to work a short field is now back on the field again, after only 20 seconds off the clock, and about 3 minutes in total. Bam, game over.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
This game was lost during the first punt of the game.
Our D actually held the Falcons to a 3 & out and then dippidy do dah runs into ding dong face, then grabs it and fumbles.... Any idea of the defense keeping fresh is gone at this point.

THEN.... THEN Payton, in his brilliance, runs 3 solid passing plays when the run was not only working, but working very well. The run is what set up our 1st TD. So now, the defense that just stopped ATL for a 3 & out and then has to work a short field is now back on the field again, after only 20 seconds off the clock, and about 3 minutes in total. Bam, game over.

All that was a disaster, but really it was just a matter of time before our defense gave up scores anyway. Falcons scored on like 6 straight drives, thats completely unacceptable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... All this is on Payton and he'll get another pass if we finish middle of the pack again. Our only hope is if we fall to 5-11 or worse and the Saints trade Payton outta town sighting a change of direction.

There should still be plenty suitors for Payton although he won't command as high of draft pick consideration as some might thInk. However he should still bring a 2nd and 4th in return.

Then Brees could decide whether or not to wave his no trade clause and follow Payton outta town and allow the rebuild to begin.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Danger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking that it is time for him to go, low and behold you Saints fans seem to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
I was just thinking that it is time for him to go, low and behold you Saints fans seem to agree.
We've actually been talking about it for the last 2 years. We've kind of held onto some small hope thinking "well, he's done it once, he'll do it again" but then we get what you see now.

It's pretty sad when a new coach with a rookie QB is 3-0 with a team that went 7-9 last season (Same as the Saints) using Saints players that Payton cast off...

And after the last few seasons of historically crap defenses, he strolls into this season with a skeleton crew, yet again, and now half of our secondary is already injured and we're starting guys with little experience, and signing guys with little to no experience.

Who is BW Webb? Who is Taveze Calhoun? And why don't we have a pass rush, still?

It's almost like they look at "who's available?" every week and then make some weird signing that doesn't make sense, or make a difference.

.......but of course, it can't be coaching, it's got to be that the NFL has finally run out of talent..........
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well firing him simply isn't going to happen!

Benson just gave him a 5 year 45 million dollar extension this offseason and there is ZERO chance he eats that contract. Our best chance is after a horrid season both Loomis and Payton agree it would be in the best interest of both parties to part ways and Loomis trades Payton to a team of his liking.

Then Brees would have to make a decision on whether to play out the last year of his deal in 2017 under a new coach on a bad team or to wave his no trade clause to a team of his liking.

Benson will not fire Loomis and he will not eat Payton's contract, we as saints fans must come to terms with that but it doesn't mean that something major won't happen this offseason.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm, I know you're likely right.

Just think of the gratification though, when it finally happens, and we can say "see, I've been saying this for the last XXX years!!".

That said, I actually hope I'm wrong and they somehow manage to pull it off and become great. I just think that's not in the cards.

HEY TRUMP!!! MAKE THE SAINTS GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:

Just think of the gratification though, when it finally happens, and we can say "see, I've been saying this for the last XXX years!!".

That said, I actually hope I'm wrong and they somehow manage to pull it off and become great. I just think that's not in the cards.

Yea, I want to see Payton and Loomis succeed, I really do. They turned the worst franchise in NFL history into a superbowl winner with an offensive powerhouse rarely matched. But at this point, its not gonna happen and its probably time to move on. I gave them benefit of the doubt last two years, but 0-3 start to the season with same old problems means I'm done.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

Yea, I want to see Payton and Loomis succeed, I really do. They turned the worst franchise in NFL history into a superbowl winner with an offensive powerhouse rarely matched. But at this point, its not gonna happen and its probably time to move on. I gave them benefit of the doubt last two years, but 0-3 start to the season with same old problems means I'm done.
These are my exact thoughts. It's almost like the don't want us to pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Anyway, go Cubs!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

These are my exact thoughts. It's almost like the don't want us to pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Anyway, go Cubs!

I mean is very similar to the LSU and Les Miles situation... Miles came in and won quickly but the longer he stayed around his flaws slowly began to manifest themselves and directly contributed to losing football, mainly his stubbornness and we can say the exact same thing about Payton and his career here with the Saints.

My opinion is that it was time to fire Miles and it's time to fire Payton. That does not mean I think there bad coaches, just that there message has gone stale and it's time for new voices in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: