You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Post Game Thoughts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Week 3: Post Game Thoughts Reply with quote

Post game discussion can happen here. Sorry we had no game day thread up

Michael finally scoring will be good for his game. He'll also got there because he had enough patients to cut it back, a good positive reinforcement for him Laughing

Russell was being stupid. The play before he got hurt that he got hit on he should've just thrown at Baldwin's feet. Why he ran on the play he got hurt on is beyond me. We're up big. Just throw it away

I hope his knee isn't seriously hurt. I do see one positive potentially coming out of all of this. If he learns to throw the ball away instead of always dancing and looping we might add a new element to his game. I don't want him to stop doing that, but I do want him to learn when he should or shouldn't

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it was a sprained MCL for Russ. He wont miss a practice knowing him.

Glad Jimmy and Doug had big games. They should be the ones getting most of the targets anyway. Lockett was too quiet. Hopefully it helped his leg a bit.

Disappointed. The defense collapsed in the 4th but oh well.

They showed Earl a few times after some plays and that guy just looks so out of it. He doesnt have his usual intensity. Something is up with him for sure. Hopefully its a phase and not a decline.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell was foolish week 1....he was a complete idiot on that play today. Throw away the Damn ball. Long term, it's very selfish of him to risk his body when so many rely on him. You wanna be the best in the league? Preserve yourself and tour teams chances of winning.

Great to see the offense find a rhythm, but it was against a pretty weak front 4. Love to see it all the same. Best Jimmy we've seen this far. Baldwin looks like a top 10 wideout in this league, doesn't matter who throws it to him evidently. So proud of his progress from UDFA. I remember I compare him to a victor Cruz type talent in terms of breaking out as an Undrafted wideout to make an impact in this league, and people scoffed at it....now I think he's better than Cruz ever was. That one handed catch was one of the best I've ever seen, and he's not even playing 100%. He's going to give Largent a run for his money when it's all said and done at this rate. /gush

I like that the defense got upset to finish the game. They shouldn't have given up those yards and scores, and I think it'll be the type of motivation we need to continue our progress throughout the season. We are a team that thrives off of the cliche adversity, we need those Rams losses to be a good team when it counts, for whatever reason.

Good win and still some things to clean up.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Russell was foolish week 1....he was a complete idiot on that play today. Throw away the Damn ball. Long term, it's very selfish of him to risk his body when so many rely on him. You wanna be the best in the league? Preserve yourself and tour teams chances of winning.

Great to see the offense find a rhythm, but it was against a pretty weak front 4. Love to see it all the same. Best Jimmy we've seen this far. Baldwin looks like a top 10 wideout in this league, doesn't matter who throws it to him evidently. So proud of his progress from UDFA. I remember I compare him to a victor Cruz type talent in terms of breaking out as an Undrafted wideout to make an impact in this league, and people scoffed at it....now I think he's better than Cruz ever was. That one handed catch was one of the best I've ever seen, and he's not even playing 100%. He's going to give Largent a run for his money when it's all said and done at this rate. /gush

I like that the defense got upset to finish the game. They shouldn't have given up those yards and scores, and I think it'll be the type of motivation we need to continue our progress throughout the season. We are a team that thrives off of the cliche adversity, we need those Rams losses to be a good team when it counts, for whatever reason.

Don't worry, Imani, we'll be happy to hand you another one later this year. Wink

Congrats on the win today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:

Don't worry, Imani, we'll be happy to hand you another one later this year. Wink

Congrats on the win today.

You too. Gurley and that defense came through

SoS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the biggest story (since Russ seems okay) is the emergence of Jimmy Graham. It is nothing short of remarkable the recovery that this guy has made from the one of the most debilitating injuries out there. The fact that Russ now has a guy who he feels comfortable throwing 50/50 balls to seriously opens up this offense. Having a big body like Jimmy command respect between the hashmarks is only going to open up more deep balls to the perimeter.

Christine Michael was spectacular early on, but reverted back to his "homerun or bust" style in the 2nd half it seemed like. After his 41 yard TD, he averaged 3.4 YPC. People are riding the hype wave that is CMike, but I'm expecting a rough outing next week against the Jets dominant front 7.

Russell's injury looked nasty. Seriously though he was out for the year with either a broken ankle or a torn ligament in his knee.......and then he was jogging back on the field 1 play later Shocked I don't know what he and Brandon Marshall eat, but I need to start ordering it.

Defense came to play today, and I'm not going to knock them for allowing 2 TDs late. They went to their version of a prevent defense and Chip Kelly decided he'd rather just run the football and save some face. Sucks that we gave up a 100 yard rusher, but under the circumstances it's nothing to worry about.

Nice to see Lockett have a huge return after being questionable all week. Odd to see him go a game without a catch.

There's just something missing on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know exactly what it is, but I watch the top defenses around the NFL and I watch us and there's just a swagger missing....which I never thought I'd say about this group. It's weird. It's almost like they don't want to be the bad guy anymore....but we need that. We got 1 lucky turnover. Our only turnover of the year. That's gotta change.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the greatest throws RW has executed was that 60 yd in the air pass to Baldwin who split the S & CB for the snag. Doug didn't slow one iota. What a thing of beauty. And then the follow up to Jimmy for the TD was awesome. Michael did a great job of pass blocking on the LB. Brooks?

The following you tube is cued up at the pitch & catch.

.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eKuSEBNcfo#t=01m15s ..

As far as the sprain, I don't know how he's not out ffor 10 weeks to the rest of the season. I've seen plenty of ankles and leg's buckle & it buckled. All were serious injuries. I said in another post that we should've held out RW for both the SF & Jets games and then the bye week. We're thinking long-term. We could've beaten SF & then lose to Jets (where is TJ?) We then have our QB with rest. RW shouldn't play. That knee is in a fragile state & his mindset won't change.

I love Michael & am glad he's getting 20 carries. How in the world does that practice squad get the rock? How about letting Collins carry more? Didn't understand that at all. Way too many RB's. Collins look alright but then Prosise. Michael & then Rawls. RB's like to get into a groove. Beast mode got traded because Fred out played him. They alternated series. Beast never got into a groove. Gets to Seattle and was a serious beast & it was the 4th qtr that he just pounded & pounded.

The D is what it is. Looks tough but after watching many games, our D needs to be more aggressive. I think the Vikes have the best D in the NFL. Created 3 turnovers & sacked Cam 8 times yesterday. They're nasty. While we're great statistically, we haven't faced a decent O, yet. Heck, KC created 8 turnovers including 6 picks vs the Jets in 1 game.

It's too vanilla and it won't change. That is Pete's philosophy. It's been successful. It's also been figured out scheme wise with pass coverage. There's no disguise. Go watch the Vikes. We have the same talent. We just don't put our guys in the same position / scheme. It's not our players fault.

We don't jump routes worth beans. LB's, CB's, Safeties play too deep. It's the scheme. I've been saying this for how long? Enough to be tired of reading but then we have a poster that doesn't know what's up? I've been telling you what's up.

I wouldn't play RW in NY. It's a bad move. It's a selfish move by Pete & RW if he plays. Would I rather see Boykins? Yes! make it a ball control game and a defensive battle. This would give RW three weeks to heal. (some practice) It's just not worth it. This game isn't going to decide the season, especially with Carolina & Zona at 1-2. There's no guarantee we'd win with RW. A 10 am start vs a tough D & Fitz will find the easy zone to Marshall/Decker & the other guy.

Very entertaining 1st half & we looked like champs and it's amazing how far the 9ers have fallen since Harbaugh left.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ticket is no different than fantasy football. I still don't know how the NFL promotes Draft Kings. It's gambling.

I have 2 wagers on the Hawks to play in the SB. Opponents remain unknown. The other ticket was with the Minnesota Vikings. They're good. They're fundamentally sound. They're nasty. The 3-0 start isn't a surprise to me. The Raiders have a lot of work to do but at 200:1 & $15,000 payout, I couldn't resist. These 2 squads faced off in the SB 40 years ago, #11. That was football. Mouth guards dislodged, receivers getting crushed, helmets flying. No penalty flags.

Just in case the Hawks don't make it, I figured I'd have some fun action for the season.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
One of the greatest throws RW has executed was that 60 yd in the air pass to Baldwin who split the S & CB for the snag. Doug didn't slow one iota. What a thing of beauty. And then the follow up to Jimmy for the TD was awesome. Michael did a great job of pass blocking on the LB. Brooks?

As far as the sprain, I don't know how he's not out ffor 10 weeks to the rest of the season. I've seen plenty of ankles and leg's buckle & it buckled. All were serious injuries. I said in another post that we should've held out RW for both the SF & Jets games and then the bye week. We're thinking long-term. We could've beaten SF & then lose to Jets (where is TJ?) We then have our QB with rest. RW shouldn't play. That knee is in a fragile state & his mindset won't change.

I love Michael & am glad he's getting 20 carries. How in the world does that practice squad get the rock? How about letting Collins carry more? Didn't understand that at all. Way too many RB's. Collins look alright but then Prosise. Michael & then Rawls. RB's like to get into a groove. Beast mode got traded because Fred out played him. They alternated series. Beast never got into a groove. Gets to Seattle and was a serious beast & it was the 4th qtr that he just pounded & pounded.

The D is what it is. Looks tough but after watching many games, our D needs to be more aggressive. I think the Vikes have the best D in the NFL. Created 3 turnovers & sacked Cam 8 times yesterday. They're nasty. While we're great statistically, we haven't faced a decent O, yet. Heck, KC created 8 turnovers including 6 picks vs the Jets in 1 game.

It's too vanilla and it won't change. That is Pete's philosophy. It's been successful. It's also been figured out scheme wise with pass coverage. There's no disguise. Go watch the Vikes. We have the same talent. We just don't put our guys in the same position / scheme. It's not our players fault.

We don't jump routes worth beans. LB's, CB's, Safeties play too deep. It's the scheme. I've been saying this for how long? Enough to be tired of reading but then we have a poster that doesn't know what's up? I've been telling you what's up.

I wouldn't play RW in NY. It's a bad move. It's a selfish move by Pete & RW if he plays. Would I rather see Boykins? Yes! make it a ball control game and a defensive battle. This would give RW three weeks to heal. (some practice) It's just not worth it. This game isn't going to decide the season, especially with Carolina & Zona at 1-2. There's no guarantee we'd win with RW. A 10 am start vs a tough D & Fitz will find the easy zone to Marshall/Decker & the other guy.

Very entertaining 1st half & we looked like champs and it's amazing how far the 9ers have fallen since Harbaugh left.

We should of sat Wilson when it was 27-3 but we probably lose this game starting Boykin to be honest he is terrible right now.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boykin throws disgusting interceptions and can't make reads beyond the 1st MAYBE second option. It's pathetic. For them to go into the season with him backing things up is pathetic.

Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

We should of sat Wilson when it was 27-3 but we probably lose this game starting Boykin to be honest he is terrible right now.

Did you watch Belichick & McDaniel design a game plan for their 3rd string QB in Brisett vs a better D in the Texans last Thursday. It was beautiful. Take a 3rd string who has ZERO commonalities to Brady or Grop & design a game plan that utilizes his talent?

That is what makes me ill about Pete & his use of Bevell. They are clowns with game plans.

Boykin could've managed a game and we toast the 9ers with our D & a simple plan. NE did it to the Texans, a better team, with a 3rd string QB that had zero reps, 27-0.

A better coaching staff could've executed a plan w/out RW & beaten the 9ers. This isn't 20/20, I said this after the ankle sprain. Put him on the sidelines w/out his helmet.

This risk is not worth it. I had a bad vibe a cpl of weeks ago & the vibe is just as bad heading to NY. I loathe myopic viewpoints & that's what PC is doing.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Boykin throws disgusting interceptions and can't make reads beyond the 1st MAYBE second option. It's pathetic. For them to go into the season with him backing things up is pathetic.

Agreed. I genuinely don't understand the negligence at LT and backup QB. It's not hard to find a better option than Boykin.

Zman724 wrote:
Did you watch Belichick & McDaniel design a game plan for their 3rd string QB in Brisett vs a better D in the Texans last Thursday. It was beautiful. Take a 3rd string who has ZERO commonalities to Brady or Grop & design a game plan that utilizes his talent?

That is what makes me ill about Pete & his use of Bevell. They are clowns with game plans.

I don't know if it's fair to compare Pete to Belichick. I think Pete is great and depending on how long he does it, might even be HOF worthy....but Bill is the greatest of all-time. Dude should have his name on the Super Bowl trophy. He is a wizard at game-planning and attention to detail. Of course it would be nice if Pete & co. showed those same qualities, but there's 30 other teams wishing the same thing.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

That sounds like Kaepernick. We could've beaten SF w/ RW on the pine. LIke I just mentioned, did you see the perfect game plan executed for Brisett last week?

Deception plays that we never see from our Offense. McDaniel is excellent. Brisett ran in a TD from I'm not how far but it's execution. Boykin reads & runs. Don't force anything. We beat SF.

Heck, I'd start him in NY with RW in potential halftime relief. Put the onus on the D to create turnovers. Jump routes, strip the balls, blitz Fitz. Boykin needs to grow up. 1 read & run like the popo are chasing you.

You don't throw your franchise QB to the wolves with a sprained ankle on one leg & a sprain knee on the other vs a tough front 7 in an early start with a broken OL.

How in the world can anyone justify this? We have a bye next week. Give him this week, the bye week off and start at home vs the Falcons. that's 3 weeks off from contact.

The downside risk >>>>>> the upside of a W that we don't even know if RW can do it or Boykin can't at this juncture. Toss Boykin in there.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

Agreed. I genuinely don't understand the negligence at LT and backup QB. It's not hard to find a better option than Boykin.

Zman724 wrote:

I don't know if it's fair to compare Pete to Belichick. I think Pete is great and depending on how long he does it, might even be HOF worthy....but Bill is the greatest of all-time. Dude should have his name on the Super Bowl trophy. He is a wizard at game-planning and attention to detail. Of course it would be nice if Pete & co. showed those same qualities, but there's 30 other teams wishing the same thing.

It's a copy cat league. Let's not act like designing football plays is designing a rocket to take us to Mars.

Brisett & Boykin are identical QB's. It took me 2 seconds to realize it. Wow. We should use Boykin the same way NE uses this Brisett kid. Keep everything simple. 1 read options. Some deception with motion, a jet sweep maybe with Lockett, a fake and dash to the pylon.

Why do we act like it's that difficult to design a game plan? We don't know how as PC said when asked about it after the Rams game. If I knew how, I'd do it differently.

If Boykin didn't have the mobility & didn't know the same playbook as RW, then I'd say forget. As a pocket passer, no thanks. However, the bro has wheels, can make some simple throws to Jimmy outside the pocket. Bootlegs, rollouts, quick slants, designed runs.

Way to easy to implement to think that PC can't have a package for Boykin in 48 hours. What Bevell would do with it is the issue. While Mcdaniel looks like a weasly punk, I have respect for his O-Co skills. He's good, very good.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

Zman724 wrote:

It's a copy cat league. Let's not act like designing football plays is designing a rocket to take us to Mars.

Brisett & Boykin are identical QB's. It took me 2 seconds to realize it. Wow. We should use Boykin the same way NE uses this Brisett kid. Keep everything simple. 1 read options. Some deception with motion, a jet sweep maybe with Lockett, a fake and dash to the pylon.

Why do we act like it's that difficult to design a game plan? We don't know how as PC said when asked about it after the Rams game. If I knew how, I'd do it differently.

If Boykin didn't have the mobility & didn't know the same playbook as RW, then I'd say forget. As a pocket passer, no thanks. However, the bro has wheels, can make some simple throws to Jimmy outside the pocket. Bootlegs, rollouts, quick slants, designed runs.

Way to easy to implement to think that PC can't have a package for Boykin in 48 hours. What Bevell would do with it is the issue. While Mcdaniel looks like a weasly punk, I have respect for his O-Co skills. He's good, very good.

If it's so easy, why is Bill seemingly the only coach who can consistently pull this off amongst all of these great football minds?

Short answer: it's not that easy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: