FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Week 5: NFL Action - Falcons coming to town
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Week 5: NFL Action - Falcons coming to town Reply with quote

Can't pick up local NFL channels on the Directv mix channel, but currently watching a 4 pack. currently 2nd qtr:

Main game: Arizona at Buffalo. Zona can't do anything. They've only gained 14 yds early into the 2nd qtr. Patrick Peterson made one of the finest int snags you'll ever see. Definitely highlight worthy. Arizona forced their 8th turnover already. Why? I like their aggressiveness. LeSean McCoy is gashing the Zona DL. 2nd TD. Bills smacking zona in the mouth. Zona doesn't even have a 1st down. Bills fire their O Co Roman and look rejuvenated.

Ha Ha. Zona just ran a beautifully executed screen pass. Sick again.

Oakland at Tennessee: Oakland is playing some D for once. Their big 3 is as good as any in the NFL.

Ravens at Jags. Bortles has regressed. Jags stink. Gus is going to be fired. Bortles just tossed a short TD pass. 10-7 Ravens.

Vikes at Carolina: I did see a nice screen by Carolina. Jealous. Still 10-2. Gano just clanked the cross bar. Still 10-2.

Not that anyone cares as we don't even have a thread but Updates later.

Carolina executed what I've been clamoring for in another thread. Zone blitz. Bring everyone to the LOS, ie ET & Kam. Panthers brought everyone, then dropped Kuechly & Davis. Bradford was confused and was sacked. OL didn't know who was coming and from where. Have we ran that? Nope. If we did, I wouldn't be complaining so much. C'mon Richard

Now Buffalo executed the same play. Brought everyone to the LOS. Confused Palmer & he got pummeled. Hughes got a facemask for auto 1st down, but watching aggressive and smart D's is making me sick.

Nice. Punt Return TD for the Vikes. Missed extra point. I know that you don't go for 2 in the 1st half but my gut said they should go anyway. 10 - 8 Carolina. Vikes just created their 7th turnover of the short season. Why do the Hawks have ZERO? can anyone tell me... What about our scheme? It's not luck or unlucky play as Pete would make it sound.

Even the Cleveland Browns picked off turnover prone Ryan Tannehill Twice in the 1st half in Miami. The Browns. 2 picks. In Miami. wtf? We play too much vanilla zone. bend but don't break but our O needs help. Zero turnovers isn't enough help.

Best game of the day. Skins at Gmen. Gotta run....

Go Hawks!

The Skins just scored on a 55 yd TD play. Anybody know what the Skins called? A beautiful executed screen pass. Convo got out in front & Crowder took it the distance. 55 yarder. Can we execute a simple screen? Not since Chuck Knox have we used it in our arsenal. Makes me sick. the lack of a screen game & the lack of aggressiveness on D to create turnovers vs below avg QB's.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some positives: The Bills are on a roll and it was nice they took care of LA. That MNF game on 11-7 vs Bills should be a burner.

Minnesota still looks like the class of the NFC & probably the NFL. They're on a future SB participant. Ticket won't cash because they're tied to the Raiders. How is Oakland 4-1.

Atlanta is going to be a bigger challenge than I thought in August. I had this game penciled in as a W. Coming off a bye. At the Link. I think Quinn will orchestrate a nice game.

I will tell you what scares me the most and it's NOT Julio Jones. It's been an Achilles heel. It's the check downs to Freeman & Coleman. 7 catches today for 167 yards.

We have shown that we don't cover RB's too well because we have our LB's drop too deep into zone. Matt Ryan is going to nickel & dime our Defense all day long until Richard makes adjustments. That's my take. It has to be a shoot out because Atlanta will score.

Overall, no real surprises today. Nice to see Denver lose, Raiders win. LA lose, Eagles lose.

Atlanta proved they're for real today. It's time for the Hawks to make a statement. Miami, SF, Jets are NOT statements. They're disposing of lousy teams. We better be ready!!

Go Hawks!!
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a surprise that the Vikes are 5-0 and Raiders 4-1. It's 200:1. I have 1 future on the Vikes & 2 futures on the Hawks from the NFC. Right now, the Vikings are a better team because they're coached better. Zimmer has his fingerprints all over that D. Richard isn't in the same class. Gotta be honest. I watch 30 minute Viking shortcuts every week because it's paramount to know thy enemy.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. Sun Tzu

Know our LB covering check downs are a weakness. Know Atlanta's propensity to throw it is a strength when a focus will be on Julio Jones. Know thy enemy & know ourself.

SoS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the game script for this one is setting up pretty obviously. It'll be a very similar game plan for Atlanta as last week. The Broncos eliminated Julio Jones (which I think we will do as well) and got gashed by the RBs.

I think the big difference with us is that we don't get gashed on the ground like the Broncos do. They've been surprisingly inefficient against the run this season, setting up the Falcons for a lot of 2nd/3rd and shorts. When you don't stop the run, it makes it even harder to stop RBs out of the backfield.

This should be a really good game. I don't expect us to eliminate Atlanta's offense, but I feel confident saying this will be Atlanta's worst offensive game to date. I just think we match up really well with what they want to do. Tamme isn't someone who scares you across the middle, which should free our backers to focus on the RBs.

The Falcons defense played out of their minds in Denver, but I'd predict a regression to the mean from that unit. They had surrendered at least 28 points in every game prior to yesterday.

Prediction: 34-24
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Yea, the game script for this one is setting up pretty obviously. It'll be a very similar game plan for Atlanta as last week. The Broncos eliminated Julio Jones (which I think we will do as well) and got gashed by the RBs.

I think the big difference with us is that we don't get gashed on the ground like the Broncos do. They've been surprisingly inefficient against the run this season, setting up the Falcons for a lot of 2nd/3rd and shorts. When you don't stop the run, it makes it even harder to stop RBs out of the backfield.

This should be a really good game. I don't expect us to eliminate Atlanta's offense, but I feel confident saying this will be Atlanta's worst offensive game to date. I just think we match up really well with what they want to do. Tamme isn't someone who scares you across the middle, which should free our backers to focus on the RBs.

The Falcons defense played out of their minds in Denver, but I'd predict a regression to the mean from that unit. They had surrendered at least 28 points in every game prior to yesterday.

Prediction: 34-24

Falcons OL has really improved over last year. The Falcons have beaten some quality squads. Gave Oakland (has no D) their only loss. Handed Denver their only loss. Handled Carolina at home. I sense a closer game because we like to play bend but don't break. keep the plays in front of our backers & secondary. Make a team go 80 yds and we'll force a mistake.

That won't work with the Falcons. Ryan can be captain check down & has a nice touch on wheel routes.

Graham needs another 100+ yd game. I expect RW to be RW. We're so blessed to have a QB of this caliber. Sure, he holds onto the ball a bit long on occasion. Big deal. He's made more sandlot plays and finding Baldwin deep on breakdowns.

On D, we need to jump routes. We need to play man on their Rb's. I hope we play more man than zone all game. I want to see aggressive attack on their OL and Ryan. Pick up the Sanu hot route or quick dumps to the RB's. 12's need to be a paramount influence, per usual.

Fortunately, we were able to view Atlanta vs Denver. The team is for real. It's tough to win on the road in the NFL & they've shown they can play with anyone. We won't be over confident. Motivated to show who's boss and this can be a statement game.

Hawks 31 - Falcons 27 A bit too close for comfort. Need an adrenaline rush? You'll get one.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Carolina Reply with quote

wtf has gone on with the Panthers? That D was dominant. Losing Josh hurt but not this much. 1 - 4? Rivera pulled a Pete. Idiot.

Panthers have a 10/30 game vs Zona. We can now all root for the Panthers. Never thought I'd say that. Panthers still have Hawks, Zona, Atlanta, Chiefs, Raiders, etc. Too many land mines to navigate?

Can't wait 'till Sunday. Go Hawks!
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think lockett is going to finally come alive in this game. I expect big things from him as a lacking Falcons defense will try to key in on graham and baldwin

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful play by Earl

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason I can't stand Bevell. We come out throwing very well and then he decides to run 3 straight plays? wtf. I"m like play action, play action. Especially when we had the fullback in. That is a perfect time for a fake. We ALWAYS run when we bring a full back and that's not hyperbole, either.

Can't stand Bevell.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great BlockS by Ifedi. Went to 3 levels on the Michael td run. Chipped a DL, shoved a backer and then shoved a DB into the endzone. Best play from him, so far. needs to work on 1 on 1 quickness but give the guy props when due.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Seahawks football right now, feels like we haven't seen this in forever

Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How beautiful is this! Kris is bringing pressure! A safety blitz? Are you f in kidding me? YES! Why has it taken so long? Look what happened? A sack!

With our secondary, bring the pressure & force Ryan to check down & then tackle like we're great at.

I am shocked but so very very pleased at what I see from Richard! The week off has done wonders. I hope Richard continues the aggressive nature! Love it.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEe what happens when you have 3rd and 1 and run a play action?

Graham is wide open for a 1st down.

why does it take these high paid coordinators so long to figure out the basics of football that a lawn jockey on a message board knows? lol
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't let this first half be fools gold. We know what this atlanta team can do to us. Can't let them get 6 on this opening drive in the second half.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like McCray should've been covering that deep 3rd

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: