You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current state of our offense

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdman70

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Current state of our offense Reply with quote

Watching our offense that last year and a bit, I find myself longing for the days of Dirk Koetter. We retooled our O-line so we can run this ZBS and now we can't run the ball or effectively pass block. This may set us back for a couple of years personnel-wise. My confidence in this scheme is at an all time low and now I'm just wondering how long is this going to be allowed to take place. Now it seems, even if Shanahan wanted to take shots down the field(which he doesn't), we can't because of our porous pass blocking. I'm interested to see what y'all think about the current state of our offense. Am I overreacting or is it possibly worse than I think?
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this makes perfect sense. your confidence in the offense is at an all-time low after they just put up 528 yards and 35 points on the road, carrying the team to a win. that porous pass blocking you're talking about has allowed ryan to be #1 in qb rating, #2 in yards, #1 in yards/attempt, #2 in completion %, and #2 in td's. it's probably one of the best two game stretches he's ever had. the best part? he's not relying solely on julio. guys like sanu, tamme, hooper, and coleman are all getting the ball. as for the running game, freeman just rushed for 93 yards with 5.5 yards per carry. coleman was solid running the ball last week as well and has been a great asset in the pass game. the offense has only turned the ball over once in two games. as for overall team stats, the falcons rank #2 in yards and #6 in points. oh, and as for not taking shots down field, i can recall two times in the second half against oakland (i missed the first half), both of which were successful. i have no idea where your post is coming from.

thesickness89 ^
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* I really love what there doing with the rushing offense. Splitting them equally and you can tell from how they run, there fresh and running with authority.

* Matt Ryan seems to be very confident. I believe it was the big throw to Hooper(?). He actually stepped up and got out of a sack to make a great pass to Hooper. Normally he goes down very easy on a sack.

* 4 players with over 9 receptions. I mean hell Toilolo has 2 receptions.

*The blocking seems to be very good. I'm a firm believer that the center is 1b in terms of importance on the o line. I love me some Alex Mack.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah birdman you're kinda coming outta left on this one. Last week, Chester did get dominated by Gerald McCoy, but he is Gerald McCoy and there isn't many DTs better. Honestly if you put an average DT in McCoys place last week, I think we're 2-0.

If I were you I'd be wayy more concerned with the D. I like that we added OBrien, but our pass rush isn't getting there unless we blitz. On top of that, it seems as though when teams see that we are in our base D, they pass with success and when teams see we are in our nickel, they gash us in the run game. Personally hoping Gus Bradley gets fired by JAX and we bring him on as DC for next year

birdman70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, I didn't watch the Raiders game because it wasn't shown on my cable system, and I was going off word of mouth from a friend. What I saw in the Tampa game wasn't particularly impressive, especially in the run game. I'll admit that my opinion on this matter is tainted partially by ignorance and my prejudice based on the Tampa game. Some of those gaudy passing statistics in the Bucs game were because we were far behind and chucking the ball like mad. As far as I know, the Raiders' pass D sucks, but I'm not trying to rain on our parade.
Anyone who has read my previous posts knows that I'm usually a "glass half full" guy, but I'll admit that I wrote a semi uninformed post this time. Anyway, I'm happy to be set straight on this one after the Tampa game left such a bad taste in my mouth. At least the Saints game will be on national TV so my next opinion will be more informed.
birdman70

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone for resisting the urge to kick a man while he's down. 45 points later, my face is still pretty sticky from all the egg on it.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman70 wrote:
I would like to thank everyone for resisting the urge to kick a man while he's down. 45 points later, my face is still pretty sticky from all the egg on it.

In your defense, technically it's only 38 points later. 7 points scored by the D Laughing

swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
birdman70 wrote:

In your defense, technically it's only 38 points later. 7 points scored by the D Laughing
plus the 7 they could've scored at the end, but chose to kneel. so we're back at 45. stone him!!!

thesickness89 ^
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN all seriousness, the amount of weapons this team can throw out at you is scary. Freeman, Coleman,Jones, Tamme, Sanu and a trio of shifty slot wr types in Gabriel, Hardy and Robinson. We'll be able to score with anyone in teh league, we just need the d to continue to progress.
birdman70

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
birdman70 wrote:

plus the 7 they could've scored at the end, but chose to kneel. so we're back at 45. stone him!!!

Ouch! Yeah, that's pretty funny.
AkGoneRiseUp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still worried??? lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: