Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawk Press Conferences -
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Hawk Press Conferences - Reply with quote

Whatever you want to call this thread, I think it's imperative to have a thread where we can listen / recap Press conferences by Pete / Bevell / Kris.

I think we're all aware that the Hawks lost a 2017 - 5th rd pick, will lose 1 week of OTA's and were levied with a bunch of fines to the club & Pete.

I guess there was excessive contact at one of the practices back in June. Anyone know how to edit tape before sending to the NFL for viewing?

Pete has a lifetime pass from me due to the entertainment he's given me since 2010. With that said, he's becoming delusional and it's more than not wanting to throw players / coaches under the bus. boy, I'd love to hear a Jim Mora rant right about now.

... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI ...

Instead Pete can't face reality. With a houdiniesque QB limited and not able to pull plays out his backside, the reality of our offense is staring at us in the face. I don't see it improving. Not with Sowell, an Arizona reject, and why did we sign Webb, a Raider reject. There isn't 1 OL worth a dam & PC/JS are to blame on this one.

Last edited by Zman724 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press conference post Rams game. Talk about delusional. I was definitely surprised that a reporter asked about the OL at the end of the presser. 8:15 of the 8:35 presser.

... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/18/pete-carroll-rams-press-conference ...

Pete: " I don't think it's the OL. We just have to do better. We just have to come around and be more complete. uhhhh. We have to convert on 3rd down like we want to, like we did in the 2nd half of the season last year. We're a little behind schedule there. I'm really surprised at that because we worked really hard at it. Were going to show that we're good at that. I think that's the difference in both these games, really."

How about answering the question, Pete. The rams spent as much time in our backfield as our running backs did. 62% at the LOS or backfield.

That is a clear function of the porous OL.

It's not about converting on 3rd down. That is just the sympton or effect of the prob but doesn't address the root cause. My lawn had some dandelions & crab grass growing. I could just mow the dandelions & crab grass to hide the issue & when they popped up, just say, well, i just need to mow the lawn more often to mask the issue. my lawn's root structure wasn't good enough. Whether the nitrogen levels were off, it wasn't aerated properly and the effect was dandelions and crab grass.

3rd down conversions are the symptom or effect of having a porous Offensive Line. The 3rd down conversions won't drastically improve until the root cause of the situation is resolved & that's the OL. Hopefully, Ifedi gets in there at RG because Webb is terrible & Sowell is worse. why would we grab rejects to patch work our OL?

The past few years we always had 2 -3 guys that you could trust along the OL. Now I trust NO ONE = We're in trouble. btw, Garropolo in NE hung 24 pts on that same Miami team before he got hurt in the 2nd qtr. 3 td passes, no gronk, a tattered OL... 24 pts... How is that possible? Bash Bevell thread.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Monday 9-19 PC presser Reply with quote

Monday Presser. A few more OL questions. Better questions by reporters. I just wish they'd bring stats to corroborate their questions.

... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/19/pete-carroll-week-3-monday-press-conference ...

Control the sticks? Delusional.... The Jets front 7 will POUND us all day in a couple of weeks. Pete will be fielding big questions at that juncture.

I think we'll be 1-3 heading into the bye.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're really predicting a loss at home to the Niners?

Anyways, I understand why you're frustrated with the OL. But let's consider that we just faced 2 of the best DLine's in football. Pete has to say the right things, but what I'm sure he's thinking is "yea, we expected to get beat up a little bit early in the year". This is a young group with 5 guys playing new positions (obviously the FO's fault, but just saying).

Moving forward, I have more beef with the rhythm of the offense. I don't know if it's Bevell or Wilson just shaking off the rust but our late-season success last year came when the offense was dictating the tempo and generally the getting the ball out of Russell's hands in 3 seconds or less. When we were rolling, we didn't even need Russ to scramble.

Anyways, good thread Wink Nice to have a central location to find press conference content.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loss of the 5th is so frustrating.

As much as I hate Bevell's play calling at times, at that is always an issue, I think it is Wilson that is the slow starter. It seems to take him the first 4 games to really get it going

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's hurt, but I'd like to see Prosise get more snaps. Dude is a weapon out of the backfield when DLines think they can just pin their ears back.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I know he's hurt, but I'd like to see Prosise get more snaps. Dude is a weapon out of the backfield when DLines think they can just pin their ears back.
He didn't suit vs the Rams

The idea is good though. He showed some nice stuff vs the Dolphins in limited work

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
You're really predicting a loss at home to the Niners?

Anyways, I understand why you're frustrated with the OL. But let's consider that we just faced 2 of the best DLine's in football. Pete has to say the right things, but what I'm sure he's thinking is "yea, we expected to get beat up a little bit early in the year". This is a young group with 5 guys playing new positions (obviously the FO's fault, but just saying).

Moving forward, I have more beef with the rhythm of the offense. I don't know if it's Bevell or Wilson just shaking off the rust but our late-season success last year came when the offense was dictating the tempo and generally the getting the ball out of Russell's hands in 3 seconds or less. When we were rolling, we didn't even need Russ to scramble.

Anyways, good thread Wink Nice to have a central location to find press conference content.

I hope we win every game 13-10. Bevell is an idiot and Richard isn't much better. As mentioned, in the MNF game, 1st play by Philly is a safety blitz. 1st play. I want aggressiveness.

Same with the O. How does NE score 24 points by mid-2nd qtr. NE scores 10 with outstanding play calling in the 1st vs the Texans. THen Collins picks off a pass.

With our lack of OL & a vanilla secondary, I don't see us doing anything right now. We have an awesome D-Line across the board. Great jobs with the stunts. Run game is dynamite. The secondary are no longer ball hawks.

Philly has less talent but outstanding scheming coordinators. Brand new. We have the same O-Co and we get the same results against the Rams & Pete didn't know how to change.

I'm still a fanatic but I don't believe we'll win either of our next 2 games. I expect the Jets to pound us. Early time zone. They have a tough front 7 & on O, Fitz looks efficient and has Decker, Marshall and another bigger receiver. add in forte & we'll get torched.

It sounds negative but it's real right now.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Bevell's Press on Wednesday 9/21 Reply with quote

How does Bevell have a job? He just repeats what pete says in his presser. Same lousy jargon.

This is where I wish Pete wasn't the President. His coach loyalty is blinding him, especially since he was canned twice.

Bevell ... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/21/darrell-bevell-week-3-press-conference ..

He's a pop warner o co if that .
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Cable Reply with quote

I actually like Cable even though he's a culprit to some of our issues.

We just don't have the OL personnel. Trash is Trash. I don't care how much cologne you spray on these guys, they still stink.

Rawls trying to do too much? wtf? He couldn't even move the first few plays. he was hit 5 yds behind the line. Calm?

Cable ... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/21/tom-cable-week-3-press-conference ...

Sorry I'm such a bummer. There are plenty of areas to be excited about but 2 core areas & coordinators lacking = no good.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Pete - wed 9/21 Reply with quote

Another garbage cliché presser by Pete. same ol same ol.

Why does he have to be so nice all the time? He should be blasting, not calling out anyone specifically, but as a team. We're the Hawks, SB champs of 2013, this play is unacceptable as a group. Our OL is not meeting expectations. Too many penalties. Too many rushing plays getting stuffed in the backfield. talented secondary but is anyone going to pick off a pass? The coaches aren't doing their part.

Right now, we're fortunate to be 1-1. It's a sense of urgency NOW.

That is what I expect from Pete. Get mad. Get angry. Show emotion. Everyone is so lackadaisical. All interviews. It's disgusting.

This presser is TOTAL DENIAL of our Offense & talking about turnovers.

Love our Run D, Love the DL, Love the LB's in run support. I think we're getting LOUSY play from both Earl & Kam. Shead played well vs Miami & lousy vs LA. sherm is sherm. No impact from the back end. It's sad.

Pete .... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/21/pete-carroll-week-3-wednesday-press-conference ...
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had issues with Bevell since the superbowl win. I think he is holding this offense and especially Wilson back. All he gives him is curls, slant, and that cheap rub route. No creativity whatsoever. Maybe twice a season he calls an amazing game. Usually one against SF and one against AZ.

A lot of us are tired of complaining about him to be honest. It does nothing. Pete will never fire him. Bevell getting a head coaching gig after our Superbowl win was our best chance of getting rid of him.

I have no issues with Richard. He could be more aggressive but we have allowed 19 points in 2 games. If bevell was competent we should have won both by at least 2 touchdowns and not having this conversation.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, there's no point blaming Bevell at this point. We know who he is. This comes down to Pete being complacent with what Bevell offers the team. He is merely a reflection of what Pete wants this offense to be: conservative w/ scattered deep balls to back up the safeties.

It was borderline infuriating watching Josh McDaniels draw up a beautiful gameplan for 3rd string QB Jacoby Brissett to carve up the Texans elite defense. And the Patriots do not have a much better cast of receivers or OLine. I want to see them attack the middle of the field more.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five things we learned & part of Pete's Monday presser.

... http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/26/five-things-we-learned-seahawks-coach-pete-carrolls-monday-press-conference ...

I still think he's delusional about where we're at.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a press conference but a spot is due for our QB. The man is unreal. We're all spoiled but don't realize. Enjoy this cat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: