Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Prospects Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Seems like more people are starting to believe in The Ghost. Roderick Henderson, whom we've profiled earlier, is gaining some buzz and excitement on Twitter and within the NFL. He and his teammates held their pro day on Friday. At 6'1 339, Henderson vertical jumped 28" and had a 1.79 split in the 40 which he ran in under 5.3👀 Read and enjoy......... http://www.cover1.net/2017/03/cover-1-spotlight-nt-roderick-henderson-alabama-state/

Big Boy. I like his confidence based on that snippet. He's a bulldozer.

I'm putting it out there right now, his nickname if he makes it to us will be "Big Spam." (as in the canned meat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOOGDMokmQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Seems like more people are starting to believe in The Ghost. Roderick Henderson, whom we've profiled earlier, is gaining some buzz and excitement on Twitter and within the NFL. He and his teammates held their pro day on Friday. At 6'1 339, Henderson vertical jumped 28" and had a 1.79 split in the 40 which he ran in under 5.3👀 Read and enjoy......... http://www.cover1.net/2017/03/cover-1-spotlight-nt-roderick-henderson-alabama-state/

I'm putting it out there right now, his nickname if he makes it to us will be "Big Spam." (as in the canned meat)

As a UDFA...sure

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Here he is running the 40..... https://twitter.com/94_GHOST/status/841071934628646912 Dude is moving Shocked I like Henderson, especially where he can be drafted, more than I liked Andrew Billings.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

rhymes with sCam Rolling Eyes
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

#94 is available too Shocked Would a drafting of a NT spell the end of DMC or does he go to DE? We normally have 6 DL, so who are they?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

#94 is available too Shocked Would a drafting of a NT spell the end of DMC or does he go to DE? We normally have 6 DL, so who are they?

Grave Digger isn't going anywhere so McCullers and whoever we draft will battle using Tomlin's "2 Dogs 1 Bone" mantra. He used the same concept to hone Antonio and Emmanuel when they were rookies. May the best man win.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the top prospects, with Jones out if we wanna CB in the 1st it's going to have to be a reach. I would assume Lattimore and Humphrey will be gone by 30 and it wouldn't surprise me if a team or two reaches ahead of us and nabs White/Adoree. That basically leaves Moreau and Tankersley. Between the 2 I'd prefer Moreau but he's really flying up draft boards considering he was a late Day 2 pick just a couple of months ago.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have insight on Tyus Bowser OLB Houston. I see him projected as a 4-3 OLB but does he have the ability to play in the 3-4? I know he did at Houston but the NFL is a different story and I don't recall hearing his name much. He's a steady riser. I love his explosiveness and coverage ability. seems like a great fit.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

BigSnack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Anybody have insight on Tyus Bowser OLB Houston. I see him projected as a 4-3 OLB but does he have the ability to play in the 3-4? I know he did at Houston but the NFL is a different story and I don't recall hearing his name much. He's a steady riser. I love his explosiveness and coverage ability. seems like a great fit.

I think he is a good fit for 34 fronts and one of the guys i hope is there at the end of day 2 for us

Yeast infection.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

My hope is to get someone like Lawson in the first or Bashem in the second with Bowser in the 3rd. I want a big, strong rusher and a lean, athletic one.

I see a little Jamie Collins in Bowser.

Deadpulse on the sig
BigSnack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

My hope is to get someone like Lawson in the first or Bashem in the second with Bowser in the 3rd. I want a big, strong rusher and a lean, athletic one.

I see a little Jamie Collins in Bowser.

I like the collins comparison. I also want a guy like lawson in the 1st and hope bowser is around in the 3rd. Add in a cbin the 2nd and maybe another secondary pickup in the 3rd and I'm a happy man

Yeast infection.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Basham fans...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CosOh94zuAY

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers love super athletes. Those guys who aren't the most fundamentally sound but stand out due to speed and tenacity among other things. Ryan Shazier, Bud Dupree, Sammie Coates, Dri Archer, Artie Burns, and Sean Davis are the more recent draft selections. Here are some guys that I FEEL the Steelers WILL select in the upcoming draft:

Safety
Obi Melifonwu is a 6'3 220lb player who runs a 4.40

Josh Jones from NC State is 6'1 220 and runs 4.41. Sean Davis clone who had over 109 tackles this past season.

David Jonesis 6'2 210 and runs a 4.47 and has double digit interceptions while at Richmond. Force hitter and ball hawk.

Johnathan "Rudy" Ford is 5'11 200 and runs a 4.38 Has experience as outside CB, Slot, and Safety. Has over 280 tackles with 12.5 for loss.

CB
Kevin King is 6'3 200 and runs a 4.4 and is a willing tackler. Press CB but plays zone well also.

Marlon Humphrey is 6'0 197 and runs a 4.41 Solid tackler but needs to get head turned around to attack ball. Will be in perfect position but fail to find the football.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which CB they take will speak volumes. If it's one of the Florida CBS (Wilson/Tabor) or another Zone defenders they will look to remain in a primarily Zone Defense. If they elect to go with one of the bigger, more physical M2M CBs (Humphrey/Moreau...etc) perhaps there will be a switch. I know this is prolly common sense but seemed worth mentioning.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some insight on ILB prospects. With the loss of Timmons and no FA pickups, one can assume they will be looking to fill that void in the draft (unless they just roll with VW and Dirty, which I think is a mistake). Obviously Foster is out of the mix so who's left? I've only found a couple. I've mentioned Marquel Lee of Wake Forest but that's only been based upon what I saw at the Combine. I know little else about him. Boise St. has an interesting prospect in Vallejo. He seems to fit the bill with his ability but he's very light at 228lbs. I've seen Anderson mentioned as a possible switch to ILB and I like the idea but who else is there?

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40

Jump to: