You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Prospects Tracker
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: 2017 Prospects Tracker Reply with quote

North Dakota State LB Nick Deluca: 6'3 236 lbs and is very smooth with loose hips. Aggressive coming downhill and splits traffic to secure ballcarrier. Able to redirect by flipping his hips and gaining depth. Fast. Shows good instincts in pass coverage and with run fills. Solid tackler.
Impact player who should be a top 60 selection. Reminds me of Luke Kuechly. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/nick-deluca-vs-eastern-washington-2016/

Alabama DE/DT Jonathan Allen: 6'3 291 lbs and is a monster off the edge. One of the better edge setters and is an all around beast! Very strong and active hands to control and get off of blockers. He played around 280 last year so we can look at him as a true DL rather than a hybrid. Non stop motor and is a leader among the Bama front. The way he is built and moves around is similar to Seahawks Michael Bennett. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jonathan-allen-vs-usc-2016-2/

Auburn DE/OLB Carl Lawson: 6'2 260 Quick twitch. Thick muscular frame. Explosive and able to bend the edge. Can set the edge vs the run. Has been one of my favorite pass rushers since I first laid eyes on him. He is a stronger Dee Ford and his play resembles Jason Worilds. He is a top 60 player. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/carl-lawson-vs-clemson-2016/

Miss ST DE/OLB A.J. Jefferson: 6'3 260 lbs powerful edge setter who is surprisingly quick and nimble. Looks bigger than he is listed. Under the radar type player similar to Fletcher Cox but Jefferson is very talented. I compare him to Chandler Jones. He shouldn't last to the 3rd round.

Alabama OLB Ryan Anderson: 6'2 260 lbs powerful edge setter who excels at getting after the passer. Very violent hands. Plays with a non stop motor and loves contact. Has ability to drop into coverage. Is not a twitchy athlete but can bend the corner and has great strength/leverage useage. Reminds me of Deebo Shocked http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ryan-anderson-vs-usc-2016-2/

Feel free to add to this thread. Enjoy.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would kill to get Carl Lawson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lawson stays healthy, will he be there at pick 32 ? He is the prospect that I think we should draft, we need a top notch natural pass rusher at OLB because Harrison could retire , jarvis better be gone and the rest are not known yet.

@Arm, Anderson 22 looks the part, like the clip more than Dupree no doubt. Find us some more , maybe JPN can join in on this thread.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lawson is gone within the top 15 if healthy.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

Lawson has everything you want from a pass rusher except production and injury history. I think those two factors will help lower his stock.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy to keep an eye on for the future Jonathan Greenard Louisville. Red shirt freshman. Plays OLB in their 3-4. Can bend the edge and set the edge. Best OLB play I have seen this year in college.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Lawson has everything you want from a pass rusher except production and injury history. I think those two factors will help lower his stock.

Maybe another gift like the 2012 draft Shocked I doubt he falls but if combine doesn't go as well, and other players leap Pray

What was the word when Woodley entered the draft regarding mock placement? He won the Lombardi and Hendricks, played on a major program and we got a steal at #46.

Do we draft OLB/DE in round 1? I would, but what about the part owners here?
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Maybe another gift like the 2012 draft Shocked I doubt he falls but if combine doesn't go as well, and other players leap Pray

What was the word when Woodley entered the draft regarding mock placement? He won the Lombardi and Hendricks, played on a major program and we got a steal at #46.

I think people questioned Woodley's ability to stand up. He wasn't very twitchy, more of a brute. He was too slow to play OLB and too stumpy to play DE. I loved him, though.

Deadpulse on the sig
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida DE/OLB Bryan Cox Jr: 6'3 260 lbs is someone that I like. I think he is a better player than Dante Fowler was. Cox can actually rush the passer and is stout versus the run. He is also a fiery and emotional player who has some nasty in him. He is a better fit for the Bengals and reminds me of Vontaz Burfict. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/bryan-cox-vs-south-carolina-2015/

3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
3rivers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

I think people questioned Woodley's ability to stand up. He wasn't very twitchy, more of a brute. He was too slow to play OLB and too stumpy to play DE. I loved him, though.

He was a top level player prior to injury, a steal IMO. He should have went round 1, Timmons round 2.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
3rivers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

He was a top level player prior to injury, a steal IMO. He should have went round 1, Timmons round 2.

You are in dream land. Timmons has been a phenomenal athlete and was worthy of the pick. Woodley was an explosive but undersized DE

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
mwalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read some articles touting Smoot, the edge rusher from Illinois as special.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado's CB, Chidobe Awuzie looks to be a good one. 5' 11 3/8", 205. He blitzes, he covers.

Desmond King, CB, Iowa is a stud. Both of these guys are pretty versatile. Not real long, but decent size and adequate bulk. King is likely gone before the Steelers are picking though.

Stanford's Christian McCaffrey of course, would be a great replacement to Bell, or even a stud slot receiver (I'm one that thinks the Steelers need to upgrade the WRs big time. I don't trust the ball skills of anyone except Brown. Wheaton is ok, but not real proven. Bryant is always too risky to miss games. Coates and DHB have terrible ball skills and hands. WR is a need, as is a back like McCaffrey if Bell isn't retained.

Raekwon McMillian would be a good replacement for Timmons, who is at the end of his rope now.

I went to fanspeak.com to do their draft simulator now, and I realized just how few players I know going into this next draft. Most of the guys I wanted were gone before my pick (#32 in this simulator).

This is my draft:

1. Derek Barnett, Edge, TN
2. Sam Hubbard, Edge, Ohio State
3. Jalen Hurd, RB, TN
4. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
5. Greg Mabin, CB, Iowa (he is a converted WR, ideal size and athleticism and shows flashes. The other Iowa CB is the star right now but he went at #19 or so)
5. Richie Brown, LB, Miss State
6. Ryan Glasgow, DL, Michigan
7. Weston Steelhammer, S, Air Force (a bunch of no names were left, so took the name lol)
7. Derek Rivers, Edge, Youngstown State

No chance Hubbard is there at 64 in real life lol.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkansas DE Deatrich Wise Jr: 6'5 280 lbs of pure football player. Stout against the run and intense getting to the QB. Plays with controlled violence. Uses long reach and hand placement to control blockers. Can speed, bull and runs stunts very well. Not overly explosive but reminds me of Karlos Dunlap in that he is a technician and always has his engine on high throttle! http://draftbreakdown.com/video//

jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This upcoming draft looks to be packed for edge rushers that fit the Steeler style.

Myles Garrett
Charles Harris
Derek Barnett
Dawuane Smoot
Carl Lawson
Sam Hubbard
Bryan Cox
Tyquan Lewis
Takkarist McKinley
Daeshon Hall
Josh Carraway
Ken Ekanem
Kylie Fitts
Derek Rivers
Lewis Neal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: