Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
If Garcon does hit the open market and all he wants is $6-7 mil a year, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get an offer from us. Garcon would get a ton of interest in the open market though and there's the possibility someone would overpay for him as well, or that he chooses to go play for a team like New England possibly to have the best shot at winning a ring or two with Brady, and Brady would love him, much like Manning did, because of how precise he is in his craft.

I think people are quick to throw random numbers to mark lines. I don't understand where 6-7M being a no-no came from. The salary cap has changed so much under this latest CBA, and it continues growing. 7M essentially accounts to 4% of the cap.

6-7M actually sounds like a fair deal for someone like Garcon. While he may not have the upside of becoming a star at this point in his career, he's much more proven than guys like Jones and Sanu, who both got 32M+ last year.

I also don't understand the Garcon/AJ comparisons. Garcon at this point in his career is much better than AJ was when we picked him up. Johnson was on a steady 4-year decline by the time we signed him. Garcon is a different type of reciver than Johnson was... and he has steadily produced since 2009.. only failing to reach 750 yards (and ~65 receptions) once, am injury shortened season.

The Colts offered AJ 21M over 3 years... and I can see us offering something similar to Garcon. We could even offer him a 4th year and push the final money to 28M, knowing full well the contract is easily voidable after 2 years if necessary, and 3 years as a standard... and I'd consider that a very team friendly deal.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.

I agree that Garcon is not a "sexy" pick up on the free agency market but I wouldn't be upset if it was a team friendly 2 year deal. They can still get a draft pick or another bigger free agent like Stills. I really want to grab Stills, but I read somewhere he is favoring LA or SF.

I read the same about Stills, I think he might price himself higher than he deserves too.

FWIW, Spotrac's Market Value Tool has the following calculated market values:

Garcon: 2 years, 17.5M, 8.7M avg
Stills: 5 years, 41.2M, 8.2M avg
Floyd: 4 years, 34.7M, 8.6M avg
Quick: 4 year, 22.5M, 5.6M avg

Both just under Pryor, who they have as 4 year, 35.6M, 8.9M avg, and way below Jeffery who they have at 5 years, 61M, for a 12.2M avg.

To be clear... those aren't the projected salaries/contracts... but what they determined as fair value when comparing to recent contracts adjusting for age, production, and cap inflation...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that Garçon doesn't want to leave the east coast or the D.C. Area. He has some business ventures and really entriched himself in the community.

Does that mean he won't leave? No. Just means it could impact his decision to stay take a little less money or maybe go somewhere like Baltimore.

It's early though.
I'd love to hear some rumors of guys wanting to lean to the Titans.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer is officially returning for Arizona.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Does that make their need for a QB lesser or greater?

I know a lot of people are targeting them as a trade up team.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

I have to believe their need to trade up is lesser... at least for a QB.... which was the original intent.

While they still have to find a replacement for Palmer, it's not just Palmer coming back, it's also Fitz... and I think the committment they both got from their FO is that they're prepared to make a (final?) run. In this case, that has to mean not going QB in the 1st.

They have the team to make a run next year... as long as Palmer holds up. We don't know their board, but I just don't know if any possible target at 5 is worth the ammo it will take to trade up. They could still trade up if their target falls within range... but that may be the 8-10 area... not 5, IMO.

We'll still find a trade partner if that's JRob's intent... Cleveland and Arizona were logical candidates as they were mentioned. Other teams will join the list (and fall off it as well) the next few months... but we'll have a better idea of likely targets after a few rounds of FA. Before the whispers started pouring out last year, I don't think many thought LA was a likely trade partner for us. Unlike last year however, a trade won't materialize until draft day, depending on which players are taken in the top 4 and who's available/who's interested once we go on the clock.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Honestly believe it's about the same. He was garbage last year so this does nothing IMO.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Honestly believe it's about the same. He was garbage last year so this does nothing IMO.

He actually wasn't. He was pretty good last year. Had a couple of really bad games, but outside of that played winning football.

He wasn't 15 Palmer, but he was solid. His biggest problem is Arizona's offensive line is garbage, and in Bruce Arians' offense, you HAVE to have good protection. It's why he got ran out of Pittsburgh, all of those long developing routes are hard on a good offensive line, you put your QB behind a bad one and still run those routes? You're asking for trouble. He was sacked 40 times compared to 25 the year before.

#MTGA
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This from the guy who runs the agency that Eric Berry uses(might actually be his agent too?):

#MTGA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: