Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta and Shananan was a prime example of what it looks like when your offense is a pass happy one.

I'm sure ATl would have loved to have some Murlakey conservative play calling down the stretch. I mean even draining the clock would have maybe won the game. Even if they went 3 and out.

Horrible...
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 7518
Location: I'm WAYYYY Up
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Might be impossible to be more clutch than Tom Brady.
He's so clutch that even terrible passes end up being 30 yard completions. Laughing

Seriously, this entire narrative is so much different if the Falcons make the fairly routine interception instead of Edelman's miraculous catch. And then there was the underthrow on the fade that any non-pass rushing linebacker probably picks.


Yeah but if we can say that about this super bowl.. I'm sure you could say it about the one vs the giants when Samuel dropped a pick that would've sealed the game. So take this one and away and give them that one and Tom still has 5 rings.

But man oh man. Their Defense played pretty well considering all the weapons the falcons have. Idk. I thought the game was amazing. 1st OT game in super bowl history. Wish Matt Ryan would've got a chance in OT sadly.

Sometimes I wish they would switch to NCAA rules or something along those lines. Both teams QBs should have a chance.

Overall best superbowl in years.
_________________

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7652
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns released Josh McCown today. Could be a guy we look at to fill the backup QB role, but I'm kinda expecting us to bring Cassel back.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hoyer is still the QB I want as a backup, but McCown could be an upgrade over Cassell. He's supposedly the type of guy that will move up the coaching ranks pretty quickly once he hangs the cleats up... so it could be good to have that kinda influence in Mariota's ear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any problem with Matt Cassell as our backup QB. He already knows the system and he won a division game in the only game he started last year.
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7652
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like a possibility that along with letting DeSean Jackson go, the Redskins might let Garcon walk too.

Garcon is a guy I could see Robinson showing interest in. Sure handed, good route runner, which allows him to get solid separation, doesn't cause any issues off the field.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
It's looking like a possibility that along with letting DeSean Jackson go, the Redskins might let Garcon walk too.

Garcon is a guy I could see Robinson showing interest in. Sure handed, good route runner, which allows him to get solid separation, doesn't cause any issues off the field.


Yeah, but it's about spending smart money too. I personally don't see Garcon as an option because he is 30. Paying $6-7 million plus for 3-4 years doesn't seem like the smartest bet.

Right price.....sure. He can be the "vet" of the team but I'd pass.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 7518
Location: I'm WAYYYY Up
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
It's looking like a possibility that along with letting DeSean Jackson go, the Redskins might let Garcon walk too.

Garcon is a guy I could see Robinson showing interest in. Sure handed, good route runner, which allows him to get solid separation, doesn't cause any issues off the field.


Yeah, but it's about spending smart money too. I personally don't see Garcon as an option because he is 30. Paying $6-7 million plus for 3-4 years doesn't seem like the smartest bet.

Right price.....sure. He can be the "vet" of the team but I'd pass.


I'd take Jackson over Garcon. Djax is getting older but is still fast. I think that could be a nice under the radar pick up that pays off.
_________________

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7652
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
It's looking like a possibility that along with letting DeSean Jackson go, the Redskins might let Garcon walk too.

Garcon is a guy I could see Robinson showing interest in. Sure handed, good route runner, which allows him to get solid separation, doesn't cause any issues off the field.


Yeah, but it's about spending smart money too. I personally don't see Garcon as an option because he is 30. Paying $6-7 million plus for 3-4 years doesn't seem like the smartest bet.

Right price.....sure. He can be the "vet" of the team but I'd pass.


I don't think age matters much for our offense because it's pretty much set. Our o-line is young, Marcus is young, Murray is older but Henry is young and will be there to take over when he falls off, Rishard is only 27(will be 28 in October), Sharpe is 22(23 in December). The only "old" aspect of our offense is our TE position, and Walker isn't showing any signs of slowing down at this point.

Our nucleus is young and established, we're at a point where we can add older guys to help it take a step up.

I know a lot of people mention wanting more speed on offense, and while that'd be nice, it's not really a huge aspect of our offense(and signing Garcon obviously doesn't mean you can't also add a speed guy). Marcus is an anticipation thrower, so many of his passes he makes when receivers are just coming out of their breaks, or makes when he's not even looking at the WR to fool the DB, but is expecting the WR to be there anyway. Throws like this:



He did that frequently last season, and while I obviously don't watch every snap of every QB for other teams, I dunno if any other QB in the NFL does that, or at least at the frequency of which he does.

This is why our WR coaches were fired and Mularkey constantly harped on every WR(outside of Matthews over the last 10 weeks or so, after he stepped his game up) for messing up the offense. He wants guys that run exact routes.

He didn't have issues with how fast our WRs were..he had issues with their depths on the routes, cutting them short, etc.

Garcon is one of the best route runners in the NFL and catches everything thrown at him.

I'm not saying the Titans will or should break the bank for him, but if he's available, I'd be shocked if we're not interested.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 4587
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
It's looking like a possibility that along with letting DeSean Jackson go, the Redskins might let Garcon walk too.

Garcon is a guy I could see Robinson showing interest in. Sure handed, good route runner, which allows him to get solid separation, doesn't cause any issues off the field.


Yeah, but it's about spending smart money too. I personally don't see Garcon as an option because he is 30. Paying $6-7 million plus for 3-4 years doesn't seem like the smartest bet.

Right price.....sure. He can be the "vet" of the team but I'd pass.


I don't think age matters much for our offense because it's pretty much set. Our o-line is young, Marcus is young, Murray is older but Henry is young and will be there to take over when he falls off, Rishard is only 27(will be 28 in October), Sharpe is 22(23 in December). The only "old" aspect of our offense is our TE position, and Walker isn't showing any signs of slowing down at this point.

Our nucleus is young and established, we're at a point where we can add older guys to help it take a step up.

I know a lot of people mention wanting more speed on offense, and while that'd be nice, it's not really a huge aspect of our offense(and signing Garcon obviously doesn't mean you can't also add a speed guy). Marcus is an anticipation thrower, so many of his passes he makes when receivers are just coming out of their breaks, or makes when he's not even looking at the WR to fool the DB, but is expecting the WR to be there anyway. Throws like this:



He did that frequently last season, and while I obviously don't watch every snap of every QB for other teams, I dunno if any other QB in the NFL does that, or at least at the frequency of which he does.

This is why our WR coaches were fired and Mularkey constantly harped on every WR(outside of Matthews over the last 10 weeks or so, after he stepped his game up) for messing up the offense. He wants guys that run exact routes.

He didn't have issues with how fast our WRs were..he had issues with their depths on the routes, cutting them short, etc.

Garcon is one of the best route runners in the NFL and catches everything thrown at him.

I'm not saying the Titans will or should break the bank for him, but if he's available, I'd be shocked if we're not interested.


Nice post and you presented visual evidence to support your argument. Applause. As far as Garcon is concerned, I could see JRob taking a look if the price is right. He took a flyer on Andre Johnson last year for the same reason you are stating he would look at Garcon. Reliability, veteran presence in the locker room, great hands and great route runner.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 4587
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.


I agree that Garcon is not a "sexy" pick up on the free agency market but I wouldn't be upset if it was a team friendly 2 year deal. They can still get a draft pick or another bigger free agent like Stills. I really want to grab Stills, but I read somewhere he is favoring LA or SF.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.


I agree that Garcon is not a "sexy" pick up on the free agency market but I wouldn't be upset if it was a team friendly 2 year deal. They can still get a draft pick or another bigger free agent like Stills. I really want to grab Stills, but I read somewhere he is favoring LA or SF.


I read the same about Stills, I think he might price himself higher than he deserves too.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7652
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.


No, you don't pick up a vet guy just to have a vet, I was simply mentioning him being a vet doesn't matter. We're not a team trying to just build for the future at this point, we've got that set on offense. We're trying to take that next step, which means at this point age shouldn't be as big of a factor, so long as the fit is there(and of course the money is right).

Picking a WR in the first round of the draft is a common theme around here, and while I understand the thought, I'm not sure Mularkey and Robinson are on the same line of thought. As meticulous as Mularkey/Robiskie are with their WRs and the routes they run, I'm not sure they want to put their hopes on a better passing attack (partially) on the shoulders of a rookie WR. They had to do it this past season with Sharpe to a point and it backfired at times...and Sharpe's biggest praise coming out of college in terms of a skill set was how well he ran routes, and for a rookie he did better than most you'd see, especially someone out of the 5th round, but even then he would screw things up at times.

It might not be Garcon(and hell, for all we know Garcon stays in Washington, I can't imagine the Redskins are gonna give Cousins a ton of money and then tell him he has to completely start over at the WR position because we're not paying Garcon and Jackson anymore), but I think us addressing WR in FA is much more likely than addressing it in the draft.

If Garcon does hit the open market and all he wants is $6-7 mil a year, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get an offer from us. Garcon would get a ton of interest in the open market though and there's the possibility someone would overpay for him as well, or that he chooses to go play for a team like New England possibly to have the best shot at winning a ring or two with Brady, and Brady would love him, much like Manning did, because of how precise he is in his craft.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I think Andre Johnson was more of them thinking he could still produce. They weren't too pleased with Matthews early and Wright was doing what he was doing.

I don't think they "need" a vet guy just because. If that was the case, they'd just cut Douglas and resign him to more friendly deal. I think they want some bang for the buck and production.

Garcon could be that. I just personally am not in love with the idea of him. But it could be a lot worst than him.

As we know things go down hill fast for them skill position guys. I'd hate to sign him for a bigger sum only to see him be able to play maybe a year.

But if he can come for a good price that doesn't hamstring the team, I'm for it. Just wouldn't be my first choice.


I agree that Garcon is not a "sexy" pick up on the free agency market but I wouldn't be upset if it was a team friendly 2 year deal. They can still get a draft pick or another bigger free agent like Stills. I really want to grab Stills, but I read somewhere he is favoring LA or SF.


I read the same about Stills, I think he might price himself higher than he deserves too.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group