You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try not to let your opinions of players change after week 1 of the season. Whatever you thought of each QB last year you should think the same this year until about week 8.

If week 1 really mattered Jameis would already be a bust and Marcus would be in the hall of fame before week 2 last year.

I do think Marcus will be better in an offense that is highly schemed. Jameis does better at forcing the ball downfield. Marcus needs to start looking downfield, but from what we've seen so far he looks like a west coast offenses dream QB. I think he would excel in the Patriot's offensive system.

They are two completely different players. If Mularkey doesn't find a system that plays to Mariota's strengths, hopefully we will get a coach after 2017 who does. I know a lot of you hated the play-calling last week, and I thought there was too much attempted-trickery going on, but I think we can really move the ball with the scheme we are running. Our record will depend 100% on Mariota.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Try not to let your opinions of players change after week 1 of the season. Whatever you thought of each QB last year you should think the same this year until about week 8.

If week 1 really mattered Jameis would already be a bust and Marcus would be in the hall of fame before week 2 last year.

I do think Marcus will be better in an offense that is highly schemed. Jameis does better at forcing the ball downfield. Marcus needs to start looking downfield, but from what we've seen so far he looks like a west coast offenses dream QB. I think he would excel in the Patriot's offensive system.

They are two completely different players. If Mularkey doesn't find a system that plays to Mariota's strengths, hopefully we will get a coach after 2017 who does. I know a lot of you hated the play-calling last week, and I thought there was too much attempted-trickery going on, but I think we can really move the ball with the scheme we are running. Our record will depend 100% on Mariota.

I based my opinion of Winston on how he finished last year and the week 1. Also I considered his weight loss and overall shape he put himself in during the offseason. And finally, I think his leadership is what makes him even better.

Im not knocking Mariota. If Mariota can play like the first half against the Vikings all the time, we gon be alright.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I based my opinion of Winston on how he finished last year and the week 1. Also I considered his weight loss and overall shape he put himself in during the offseason. And finally, I think his leadership is what makes him even better.

Im not knocking Mariota. If Mariota can play like the first half against the Vikings all the time, we gon be alright.

Not only that, but our coaches have to be able to make adjustments with other teams make theirs.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that doesn't necessarily care if Winston is better or not? As long as we have our franchise QB(and I'm pretty confident Mariota's that guy) I don't care about any other QB.

I don't know, I'm always amazed when fans get into heated arguments regarding their young QB (Luck/Wilson, Carr/Bortles/Bridgewater, Winston/Mariota, ect.). If you feel you have a legitimate young franchise QB who can one day lead your team to a SB, does it really matter whose better or not? Idk, that's always been my mindset though.

#MTGA
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't necessarily care if Winston is better or not? As long as we have our franchise QB(and I'm pretty confident Mariota's that guy) I don't care about any other QB.

I don't know, I'm always amazed when fans get into heated arguments regarding their young QB (Luck/Wilson, Carr/Bortles/Bridgewater, Winston/Mariota, ect.). If you feel you have a legitimate young franchise QB who can one day lead your team to a SB, does it really matter whose better or not? Idk, that's always been my mindset though.

I never understood why fans make a big deal about individual comparisons. When a player is above the rest for a few years, he deserves props. As long as the player helps the team win, what else can fans ask for. They have their own unique skills, so it is a matter of the coaches toilet it flourish and build around that.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Andrew Luck. He hasn't been good tbh.

Did the Colts and his OL David Carr him?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jameis is on the struggle bus today.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:

Yup 4 turnovers.

I think people need to realize, no matter how good they are, young QBs will struggle.

Oh yeah, the Jags still appear to be a bad team.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:

Yup 4 turnovers.

I think people need to realize, no matter how good they are, young QBs will struggle.

I'm loving the Jags struggle. They were bound for the Super Bowl based on the pre-season prediction machine
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:

Yup 4 turnovers.

I'm loving the Jags struggle. They were bound for the Super Bowl based on the pre-season prediction machine

It's what happens when you try and pay boat loads of cash for suddenly complacent guys after wallets are nice and fat

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:

Yup 4 turnovers.

I was all over that BS. You don't turn your team around by spending 50 million on players from other teams. Doesn't work that way. Plus their "dream draft" getting "two of the top five players" was also bogus.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ... Sam Bradford Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
So ... Sam Bradford Shocked

He's looking like he's worth those draft picks tonight.

Watching GB's offense struggle against this Vikings defense puts last week offensive breakdown even more into perspective....and as I type this Nelson makes a long catch.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Vikings defense do this to Aaron Rodgers makes me feel a little better.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Watching the Vikings defense do this to Aaron Rodgers makes me feel a little better.

Came here to say the exact same thing.

Makes me feel better about Mariota.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 2 of 41

Jump to: