Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: NFL Talk Reply with quote

It was suggested we have a place to talk about the NFL as a whole, among, our Titans members.

Sooooo....

titans_5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitzy looked in fine form last night. Too bad we never surrounded him with playmakers like h has been in NY. I hope he does well, I have always sort of liked him even before he came to tennessee, sort of feels like a underdog feel good story.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just chokes way too much. Not all of it is on him but the guy has never made the playoffs and I don't think they make it this year either

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many deep passes last night. They were trying to take away the run and anything short and each team was going deep like once every three passes. Idk that we need to do it near that much, but when we get a 2nd and 4 on our own 45, I want to take some shots 25 yards downfield.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:
fitzy looked in fine form last night. Too bad we never surrounded him with playmakers like h has been in NY. I hope he does well, I have always sort of liked him even before he came to tennessee, sort of feels like a underdog feel good story.

He seems like a really cool dude. Either I didnt pay much attention to him or he wasnt the same here.

That being said .... dude can grow a beautiful beard. He should be fined for shaving it off.

adopt-a-titan:
21 Da'Norris Searcy
45 Jalston Fowler
titans_5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
titans_5 wrote:

He seems like a really cool dude. Either I didnt pay much attention to him or he wasnt the same here.

That being said .... dude can grow a beautiful beard. He should be fined for shaving it off.

yeah if he cut his hair like Josh Donaldson, he would look like he would fit right in on the show vikings with ragnar lothbrook.

I just looked up his numbers and had no idea how decent he has been his whole career. 80 passer rating over 105 starts... not bad, for a 7th round pick...
titans_5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
He just chokes way too much. Not all of it is on him but the guy has never made the playoffs and I don't think they make it this year either

not to disagree with the choking statement, as I have watched fitz throw the game away on last drives from his time as a Titan.

The lack of playoff appearances I think has more to do with the teams hes been on and less of him not being a highly serviceable qb. Mark Sanchez, Rex Grossman and a myriad of other "poopy" qbs have made the playoffs, look who was playing qb for the cardinals last year after palmer went down.

Fitz has played for st louis, buffalo, houston, tennessee and the jets, who in the last decade probably have less than 4 total playoff appearances combined. He has found a way to stick as a starter in the league for the better part of a decade and that is commendable in itself.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown looks pretty decent for the Bills. Made some big hits in that Thursday game.
ironlion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Zach Brown looks pretty decent for the Bills. Made some big hits in that Thursday game.

I watched that game but wasn't sure it was our brown. They have another starting lb named brown too. One play brown busted through a block and made a tackle, that's mainly why I didn't think it was Zac. Don't think we ever saw him run through a blocker in 4 years here lol.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:

I watched the Jets game, and Jets should have won by more IMO. Bills should have had a holding call, and then some would say Revis let one get by.

Not all of it on Fitz fro past letdowns, but how much time will tell. Now he has a legit RB, legit OL and 3 good WR's. Oh, and a top tier D and a coach that appears to be a good one. I expect the Jets in the post season if most of the team is in tact , Fitz has Clady protecting the blindside, that always helps a qb.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mariota but ... I think Winston can be a top 5 QB within the next 3 years.

adopt-a-titan:
21 Da'Norris Searcy
45 Jalston Fowler
D E S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
If that is true, at least we don't have to live with passing on him!! I think that would push most of our fans over the edge.
Anyway...someone has to be number 6...
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I love Mariota but ... I think Winston can be a top 5 QB within the next 3 years.

If that's the case...

Marcus could just as easily be top 5 as well...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

I agree with you on this. I was hoping the Bucs would take MM and we get Winston. I felt like if you could put Winston in a good environment, he had all the tools to be an elite QB in the league.

That being said, I am not upset we have Mariota. I like him and think he has the tools to be very successful, but I felt like Winston was more of the sure thing.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When its all said and done career wise, IMO. Jameis will have better stats. Marcus will have more wins. Not sure who will have more championships, but thats how I see it.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: