Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Seattle Seahawks (1-0) vs. Los Angeles Rams (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, not even Fisher can stop the Goff train once it gets rolling.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
If Fisher is your head coach still, Seattle is about the only team aside from Arizona you'll be sticking it to. That much he's proven

Such a great play turned horrible

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky enough to go to a lot of games over my life, and that had to be the worst game I've ever been to. Not necessarily the worst I've seen the Hawks play, but the most boring game from kickoff to 00:00. It's a shame considering it was my first away game and I was in a great mood going into it.

Notes from me, which may require some response since I can't see the little details in the stadium:

- My buddy said the broadcasters made no mention of the weather/temperature. It was hotter than Haiti's. All of us were struggling from our seats, I can't even imagine having to play a game full pads for 60 minutes. We don't usually play well in warm weather games like that. Just something to consider when looking for reasons to explain such an ugly game.

- I realize it was only 3 FGs, but I don't understand how this defense allows Case Keenum to dink and dunk his way up the field on multiple occasions and continue to give up the timely completion. Why is it so hard for us to cover a streaking TE? It's hard to say opposing offenses have figured us out considering our league leading Yards & PPG surrendered, but I have a feeling we're gonna take some body blows once we start to face better offensive units.

- I'm honestly not too worried about our OL, as odd as it is to say that. Maybe I missed just how bad they were while there, but I see potential here. At full strength, this is the best defensive front four they will face all season long. Miami was not much easier. Glo got exposed a bit, but he's going against a guy who's going to win DPOYs before he's finished. Britt and Gilliam I thought looked adequate, and while Webb sucks, we should get stronger with the addition of Ifedi sooner rather than later.

- With that said, my biggest gripe with this front office is their utter negligence when addressing the LT position this offseason. I'll never understand how a team with Super Bowl aspirations can be content with such a glaring weakness, especially when you consider than weakness is responsible for protecting your greatest asset. The plan is to convert Gilliam, a UDFA TE-convert who wasn't even that good at RT, over to the left side, and despite how big of an unknown he is, our only insurance policy is going to be Bradley Sowell, a guy who hadn't started a game at LT since 2013? WTF.

- What's up with Rawls? Did he look that bad or was the line just getting devastated? From the game, it seemed like he had zero room to run, but then you see CMike ripping off a good YPC and it makes you wonder.

- What happened on that fumble? I genuinely thought we were going to drive down for the win. It's about as confident as I've ever been in a comeback victory.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Earl is trash. So bad the past two weeks. He can blame the national anthem shenanigans all he wants. Get your [inappropriate/removed] together man.

I would rather Fant/Poole and Gilliam be the tackles. Will get the same production starting out but at least they have a chance to get better.
What did Earl do in the first half? I only watched the 2nd half but he did nothing wrong that I saw. Shead was the one that was getting eaten up

Sadly, as bad as Sowell has been Fant would be worse. I am for Poole at RT and Gilliam at LT. At least you'll get better run blocking that way

Webb is awful at RG. Britt wasn't perfect but he's not playing bad. Glow makes some mistakes still but still have confidence he'll be pretty good
Earl totally went the wrong way on a 44 yard catch by Kendricks towards the end of the half. Not sure if it was his responsibility but he was center field on that play and should have been there or at least close to make the tackle.

Sherman wrapped up Gurley at the line but he fell forward for a few yards because Earl whiffed the clean up.

Out of position on a couple slant plays. You can tell he is frustrated with himself after every play. Hopefully he figures it out soon to get his confidence up.

I think the line is struggling because Ifedi is out. They played 4 weeks together then Webb gets thrown in and screws up the chemistry. Not really his fault but whatever. They wont make a change at any of the spots. They never do.

You nailed it all, perfectly. As mentioned, it's like we're playing 10 vs 11. We have absolutely NO creativity. I"ve been clamoring for ET & Kam to be up on the line of scrimmage. Make the opposing QB unsure of who is going to blitz or if a blitz is coming. Then bring Lane off the edge, clear shot. Not a big fan of the MLB blitz as that's easier to pick up. How about Kam coming on a blitz? Why haven't we created a turnover & allowed turnover prone QB's be backed up & complete easy pitch and catch throws. We don't confuse anyone. Standard cover 1 or 3 and easy to find a zone or a 1 on 1 with time. Why is Tavon flashing across the middle in front of Kam? He can't handle Austin.

Last night, the Eagles staff was incredible on both sides of the ball. Pederson & Reich had the Eagles being creative on offense with a Rookie QB & below avg weapons. The game plan was well designed.

On D, Schwarz brought Jenkins on a Safety blitz early to pummel Cutler. When was the last time we saw a safety blitz? I've been calling for that for a few years now. Bring a blitz & have Wags pop in front of the hot route receiver. It's simple. Very simple if practiced with our athletes.

Back in the day, that is EXACTLY what the Hawks did with Lofa. A blitz and Lofa with below avg speed but INCREDIBLE instincts would jump a route and pick off a pass. I was there when he made a beautiful pick 6 on a MNF game back in '05.

The only instinctual player we have in our back 7 is Sherm. Otherwise, they're robots trying to do their assignment which allows scrub Qb's like Keenum to complete passes backed up in his own endzone. Bring some disguised heat and creative use of Wags to cover the blitizing DB.

Anyone watching an average Eagles team's play calling on both sides of the ball last night makes Bevell and Richard look like pop warner coordinators. To add insult to injury, that's a brand new staff.

It's sickening to watch right now.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
I wish we had a reporter with nads and had no fear of job loss.

Just ask Pete why the OL turnstile the past couple of years when cohesiveness is the key to an effective OL. Pete, the Hawks OL stinks!

How can you explain 3 fg's & 1 Td in 2 games? and the TD occurred because 4th downs were utilized.

Why do we still have Bevell, Pete? Why? He's a [inappropriate/removed] bag. Just watching him in pressers makes me want to pop the guy in the mouth.

Someone needs nads because Pete will make some ridiculous excuse of how there's OL improvement... blah.. blah.. blah...

I would trade a losing season for the firing of Bevell. Instead of getting to the divisionals and having him back in '17. Send Cable with him.

Heck, Greg Roman OC. of the Bills just got fired after a 31 pt effort vs a fantastic front 7 Jet D. With $2mm on a contract. Yet, We have 15 pts after 2 games and our OC is still employed. wtf?

We have 9 points after 2 games. Our OC is still employed. #oneupped

Difference is you're the Rams. You've been terrible for over a decade (below .500) and have a coach that should've been canned years ago.
You also have a scrub QB that should be a backup. There are reasons you guys can't score. It's the same 'ol Rams. The Hawks are a SB caliber squad with a lousy coordinator. Rams just hope they don't end up in the cellar. Laughing

Do you see the difference?

I see the third L in a row you just took to the same 'ol Rams. Laughing

Like I said, it's the same 'ol Rams. They will beat the Hawks & still won't finish with a winning record. It's been like that for how many years iin a row? 12-13-14?

The Rams should've blown it all up a few years ago. Now they're still stuck with the most overrated h.c. in the NFL & that's Jeff Fisher. Snead has done a decent job with the D picks, but the Rams are always drafting in the top 15 & robbed the Skins blind.

Snead & Fisher should be canned for drafting Goff. How do you move up to take a QB that can't take a snap under center while the Eagles take Wentz, who was throwing darts in tight coverage (burned all pro Joe Haden a couple of times with perfect placement) and he doesn't have an OL, has a china doll RB & below avg WR's.

How can the Rams' O.C. get fired when the whole organization needs to be canned? Fire EVERYONE in the organization. The Goff mistake & giving up draft selections will keep the rebuild in LA going for another 6 years. You're headed to 20+ years of losing futility whether you want to admit it or not, it's easy to project. Yet, you'll still be winning your SB of beating Seattle.

Going to be so satisfying when Fisher finally puts Goff in. Riddle me this, how many of the current top 5 QBs in the NFL started Week 1 of their rookie season?

Hint: 1 at most.(Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, and Rodgers are the indisputable top 4...and none of them started Week 1 of their rookie years)

Go ahead and proclaim Goff a bust because he's not starting by Week 2 of his rookie year. Just be willing to eat your crow when the time comes. Because Goff, like Aaron Donald, may not start for the first few games of his rookie year, but he'll still have plenty of time to stick it to your Seahawks over his career. Very Happy

What do you like about Goff? I was ecstatic when you drafted him. He's soft, small hands, can't take a snap, not very bright. He's a 2nd coming of Tim Couch.

Did you watch Wentz again? Composed, accurate, athletic. He just started the 1st 2 games and hasn't turned the ball over once and is a paramount reason the Eagles are 2-0. No QB since the merger has done that. He looks like a veteran and couldn't be more impressed as a rook.

Goff? Still can't take a snap or beat out Keenum?

It's early but so far, this Goff pick will be a disaster. Plenty of early round QB's are busts & Goff = a clone of Tim Couch. Unfortunately for Ram fans, you will see it come to fruition, but will take a couple of years to become obvious.

Btw,, I was a huge fan of Donald at Pitt. He hasn't disappointed. sorry to say but Goff will & it will be shown that you drafted the wrong QB = Snead & Fischer will be canned.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Notes from me, which may require some response since I can't see the little details in the stadium:

- I realize it was only 3 FGs, but I don't understand how this defense allows Case Keenum to dink and dunk his way up the field on multiple occasions and continue to give up the timely completion. Why is it so hard for us to cover a streaking TE? It's hard to say opposing offenses have figured us out considering our league leading Yards & PPG surrendered, but I have a feeling we're gonna take some body blows once we start to face better offensive units.

We're so frickin' vanilla. When Keenum can stand back there & know where to go with the ball = too easy. We have zero D creativity when we need it. We don't shock or surprise anyone. Already mentioned creative blitz packages or with all this zone, a zone blitz.

SoS wrote:
- With that said, my biggest gripe with this front office is their utter negligence when addressing the LT position this offseason. I'll never understand how a team with Super Bowl aspirations can be content with such a glaring weakness, especially when you consider than weakness is responsible for protecting your greatest asset. The plan is to convert Gilliam, a UDFA TE-convert who wasn't even that good at RT, over to the left side, and despite how big of an unknown he is, our only insurance policy is going to be Bradley Sowell, a guy who hadn't started a game at LT since 2013? WTF.

Would've signed the deal that Okung was offering up. Basically a 1 year deal. It's ridiculous picking up scrubs to protect our $20mm QB.

SoS wrote:
- What's up with Rawls? Did he look that bad or was the line just getting devastated? From the game, it seemed like he had zero room to run, but then you see CMike ripping off a good YPC and it makes you wonder.

CMike still gets no love. He looked great at the end of last season. Let Rawls come off the bench. Let him heal more. Rawls couldn't get going because of the line. CMike is looking really quick & hits the hole with the 1 cut and blast. Why can't we execute a screen play correctly? CMike chips a DL, then sneaks out into the flat once the WR has opened up the field. The LB should be slow to get there and even then CMike has enough wiggle & quickness to pick up nice yardage.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
We're so frickin' vanilla. When Keenum can stand back there & know where to go with the ball = too easy. We have zero D creativity when we need it. We don't shock or surprise anyone. Already mentioned creative blitz packages or with all this zone, a zone blitz.

The only reason I can think of that Richard doesn't blitz more is a combination of two things. A) We're a predominantly zone-coverage defense and B) when you send blitzers out of zone looks, you open up even bigger zones than you had otherwise. Pete's defense is predicated on allowing the front 4 to generate pressure so you can fill as many zones in coverage as possible and cash in on mistakes. I think it's time we start utilizing more bump-and-run man coverage.

Quote:
Would've signed the deal that Okung was offering up. Basically a 1 year deal. It's ridiculous picking up scrubs to protect our $20mm QB.

Problem is, who knows if Okung would've signed the same deal to return here. Rumors are there were hurt feelings after we initially low-balled him and it takes a good bit of pride to return to the same locker room on a discount. I agree though. Wish we would have tried harder to retain him considering how low his price tag was, but I'm sure they tried. I'm just mad we didn't have a better backup plan.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna say GG again. Flex a lil and reassert my dominance alpha male version of y'all betas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:

SoS wrote:
The only reason I can think of that Richard doesn't blitz more is a combination of two things. A) We're a predominantly zone-coverage defense and B) when you send blitzers out of zone looks, you open up even bigger zones than you had otherwise. Pete's defense is predicated on allowing the front 4 to generate pressure so you can fill as many zones in coverage as possible and cash in on mistakes. I think it's time we start utilizing more bump-and-run man coverage.

Are we that conservative or our guys that stupid that we can't come up to the line in press coverage and take 'em? ET is worthless playing CF. He has relatively no impact. I'd rather see him come up to the LOS, fake, drop back, pick up a speedster, or blitz. We're so conservative.

Same with Kam. LOS. Mass confusion. Be aggressive. We have the athletes but play so vanilla that we can't force a TO from tannehill or Keenum? that is a sign that we're too vanilla & sit back hoping they make a mistake in trying to go 80 yds. we don't force the action at all. I was jealous of the coordinators running the Eagles the past 2 weeks. Balls to the wall. the past 2 seasons we've been poor at creating turnovers. For every splash play we may give up, we'll create 7 positive plays that will change the game. I can't take this.

Zman724 wrote:

SoS wrote:
Problem is, who knows if Okung would've signed the same deal to return here. Rumors are there were hurt feelings after we initially low-balled him and it takes a good bit of pride to return to the same locker room on a discount. I agree though. Wish we would have tried harder to retain him considering how low his price tag was, but I'm sure they tried. I'm just mad we didn't have a better backup plan.

We don't value the OL at all. Low Ball Okung. Trade Unger for a guy that we don't utilize. I took it for granted in the 2000's when we had continuity on the OL. We all know about Walt & Hutch but wily vets in Tobeck & Gray fit the cohesiveness in creating an OL. Now we have an annual turnstile that takes 8 weeks to figure it out. By then, we'll be a W.C. team & likely ousted in rd 1. We needed to come out guns a blazing, go 4-0 & win the division. We're not. we better start valuing this OL & put one together. I'll trade some D $$ for an OL> Sucks
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Just wanna say GG again. Flex a lil and reassert my dominance alpha male version of y'all betas.

ya gotta love the old school Ram uni's.

Btw, my favorite running back of all time was Mr. Eric Dickerson. Here's my you tube. 1st one.

.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1YALBcoFw ...

Hawk fan or not, Dickerson was awesome to watch and worth the price of admission.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
What do you like about Goff? I was ecstatic when you drafted him. He's soft, small hands, can't take a snap, not very bright. He's a 2nd coming of Tim Couch.

Soft?
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13747122

C'mon.

Small hands? Okay. Can't think of many things that are less important.

Can't take a snap? Despite the fact that he took snaps under center in the preseason?

Not very bright? The guy who went to Cal and scored a 36 on the Wonderlic?

C'mon, man. There were legitimate concerns about Goff. These? Nah.

What do I like about Goff? Quick feet, great pocket presence/movement, quick release, top-shelf thrower, and impressive mental processing speed.

Quote:
Did you watch Wentz again? Composed, accurate, athletic. He just started the 1st 2 games and hasn't turned the ball over once and is a paramount reason the Eagles are 2-0. No QB since the merger has done that. He looks like a veteran and couldn't be more impressed as a rook.

I did watch Wentz. And I'm still happy the Rams have Goff.

Quote:
Goff? Still can't take a snap or beat out Keenum?

Drew Brees couldn't beat out 39 year old Doug Flutie. Carson Palmer couldn't beat out Jon Kitna. Color me not concerned.

Quote:
It's early but so far, this Goff pick will be a disaster. Plenty of early round QB's are busts & Goff = a clone of Tim Couch. Unfortunately for Ram fans, you will see it come to fruition, but will take a couple of years to become obvious.

Quote:
Arians was asked who the most misunderstood player was that he ever coached, and he answered, "Tim Couch. Hell of a player. Tim was no bust. It kills me when people call him a bust. His arm was just so torn up he couldn't play anymore. He would have been a real good one."

Goff isn't playing on one of the worst teams of all time.

Quote:
Btw,, I was a huge fan of Donald at Pitt. He hasn't disappointed. sorry to say but Goff will & it will be shown that you drafted the wrong QB = Snead & Fischer will be canned.

I won't be crying if Fisher is canned. But it won't be because Jared Goff is a bust. You can take that to the bank.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
- My buddy said the broadcasters made no mention of the weather/temperature. It was hotter than Haiti's. All of us were struggling from our seats, I can't even imagine having to play a game full pads for 60 minutes. We don't usually play well in warm weather games like that. Just something to consider when looking for reasons to explain such an ugly game.

- What happened on that fumble? I genuinely thought we were going to drive down for the win. It's about as confident as I've ever been in a comeback victory.

Hades, my friend. Wink

On the fumble, Barron and Ogletree sandwiched Michael, and Ogletree punched the ball out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: