Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long until Goff starts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Preface: It's only a half of football. Goff still has an entire career to play. The Saints pass defense is terrible. And the conditions (dome) are almost perfect outside the noise.

Statement: If, after that one half of football, you cant see why this is a better team with Goff under center than Keenum, you are a turd who has no right to ever discuss football like you know whats going on. Goff is light years ahead of Keenum already in almost every way and its only his 2nd game. I'm not looking at the score. It's irrelevant. I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Am I saying he is perfect? No. Am I saying he wont have his ups and downs as he progresses? Absolutely not. He will have growing pains just like any other young QB. All I am saying is LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN DO vs what Keenum did. If you cant see the difference you are lost.

Case Keenum is, was, and always will be a backup QB. Anyone thinking we were better off with him under center, or even more ridiculously, that he was "the best QB for this offense" needs to go back to football 101 and relearn the basics. Do a lot less talking and a lot more listening.

Secondly, isnt it weird that Goff looks better today than last Sunday. It's almost like the game situation matters. And that, as Goff shows he has a grasp on certain aspects of the game, the coaching staff will open up the playbook and offense. It's so weird. Ive never heard of such a thing.

Quote:
I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Ok so tell me how about he handle all the things you said in the 2nd half and how the Rams offense played after the 1st half ?

You realize its only his 2nd game right? you realize in his 2nd game he looked better than Keenum has ever looked right? you realize the threat of the running game was taken away in the 2nd half and they knew we were just basically going to pass right? How ignorant are you?

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Preface: It's only a half of football. Goff still has an entire career to play. The Saints pass defense is terrible. And the conditions (dome) are almost perfect outside the noise.

Statement: If, after that one half of football, you cant see why this is a better team with Goff under center than Keenum, you are a turd who has no right to ever discuss football like you know whats going on. Goff is light years ahead of Keenum already in almost every way and its only his 2nd game. I'm not looking at the score. It's irrelevant. I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Am I saying he is perfect? No. Am I saying he wont have his ups and downs as he progresses? Absolutely not. He will have growing pains just like any other young QB. All I am saying is LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN DO vs what Keenum did. If you cant see the difference you are lost.

Case Keenum is, was, and always will be a backup QB. Anyone thinking we were better off with him under center, or even more ridiculously, that he was "the best QB for this offense" needs to go back to football 101 and relearn the basics. Do a lot less talking and a lot more listening.

Secondly, isnt it weird that Goff looks better today than last Sunday. It's almost like the game situation matters. And that, as Goff shows he has a grasp on certain aspects of the game, the coaching staff will open up the playbook and offense. It's so weird. Ive never heard of such a thing.

Quote:
I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Ok so tell me how about he handle all the things you said in the 2nd half and how the Rams offense played after the 1st half ?

You realize its only his 2nd game right? you realize in his 2nd game he looked better than Keenum has ever looked right? you realize the threat of the running game was taken away in the 2nd half and they knew we were just basically going to pass right? How ignorant are you?

Don't feed the troll, guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

Quote:

Don't feed the troll, guys.

I barley post, but this guy just irks me man.

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:

I agreed with every thing you posted before this but we win last week if we let Goff sling it more. I get that we didn't have ideal situations like today and it was his first start but if Goff was capable of doing what he did today last week. Other than a couple more days of practice and a couple more pounds of turkey on Goff's gut, nothing changed.

I am over the loss last week but it in my mind it shouldn't be that Goff has to prove himself every week for us to make adjustments for the following week. He was playing well against Miami and we should have let him go win us the game.

Our future is bright, but we lost last week because our coaches didn't let Goff play to his abilities. Obviously penalties and our defensive collapses late hurt but to me that was the big difference.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

I agreed with every thing you posted before this but we win last week if we let Goff sling it more. I get that we didn't have ideal situations like today and it was his first start but if Goff was capable of doing what he did today last week. Other than a couple more days of practice and a couple more pounds of turkey on Goff's gut, nothing changed.

I am over the loss last week but it in my mind it shouldn't be that Goff has to prove himself every week for us to make adjustments for the following week. He was playing well against Miami and we should have let him go win us the game.

Our future is bright, but we lost last week because our coaches didn't let Goff play to his abilities. Obviously penalties and our defensive collapses late hurt but to me that was the big difference.

I am honestly torn between blaming the coaching staff for having a game plan that was overly cautious to the point even Case Keenum couldnt screw up and saying the rain kinda forced their hand. I wasnt in the locker room, so I cant say. I think it was probably a bit of both. But thats just a guess. Either way, they handled Goff with kid gloves. And it probably cost the team a win.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

I am honestly torn between blaming the coaching staff for having a game plan that was overly cautious to the point even Case Keenum couldnt screw up and saying the rain kinda forced their hand. I wasnt in the locker room, so I cant say. I think it was probably a bit of both. But thats just a guess. Either way, they handled Goff with kid gloves. And it probably cost the team a win.

Agreed. And for the future of this team, I think we would take Goff looking as good as he has than 2 ugly defensive wins. We can see he has the skillset and at 22 he will only continue to grow. It just would be nice to get the dub last week when the defense played so well through 55 minutes.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
nodefense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Rams to ever amount to anything, it's Goff that will have to get them there. Keenum would likely be unemployed if not for the Rams.

How come nobody talks about the poor OL play or the lack of playmakers at WR ? How about Fisher's ultra conservative game planning ? He is over the OC and has final say.

They had better plan on jumping heavy in to free agency this year, since they have no first round pick.

How about Tom Caughlin as HC and Norv Turner as OC ? They can't sell this team to the fan base with Fisher in charge
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
For the Rams to ever amount to anything, it's Goff that will have to get them there. Keenum would likely be unemployed if not for the Rams.

How come nobody talks about the poor OL play or the lack of playmakers at WR ? How about Fisher's ultra conservative game planning ? He is over the OC and has final say.

They had better plan on jumping heavy in to free agency this year, since they have no first round pick.

How about Tom Caughlin as HC and Norv Turner as OC ? They can't sell this team to the fan base with Fisher in charge

We'd dominate the Nursing Home League. But that's hockey. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice how quiet everyone got about Carson Wentz? Laughing

Kiltman on the sig!

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:

Haha yeah I was thinking about that a couple weeks ago. Dude has definitely regressed a little, but he doesnt have much to work with and Pederson maybe just as bad of an OC as Boras... well... not THAT bad, but close.

Both Wentz and Goff have bright futures though if they get the proper coaching and pieces around them.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

Haha yeah I was thinking about that a couple weeks ago. Dude has definitely regressed a little, but he doesnt have much to work with and Pederson maybe just as bad of an OC as Boras... well... not THAT bad, but close.

Both Wentz and Goff have bright futures though if they get the proper coaching and pieces around them.

Oh yeah, dont get me wrong. Goff and Wentz both have a long way to go. I just remember so much talk about Wentz and, naturally, how the Rams blew it. And then.... silence. You know the deal. Laughing

Kiltman on the sig!

BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to stir the pot on Wentz, but I still he would be better for Fisherball. Now I'm hoping we fire Fisher so we can turn Goff into Matt Ryan 2.0, but if Fisherball is the offense, I would prefer to have Wentz under center. But that's just me.
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His comp coming into the league..

First three career starts ...
Matt Ryan: 53.1%, 511 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

Jared Goff: 53.7%, 509 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT

Just some food for thought.

2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5

"That's some 7-9 BS."
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/BeauxJaxson/status/843607646804488193

justis is killing goff on twitter for weeks and now stoner joins him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
https://twitter.com/BeauxJaxson/status/843607646804488193

justis is killing goff on twitter for weeks and now stoner joins him.

Let them get the shots in now. In a year, they'll conveniently forget they said anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: