Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long until Goff starts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Not really. What would you have told Cowboys fans before the season if they told you they'd expect to be 10-1 at this point in the season?

There are simply expectations.

There are REALISTIC expectations and there are UNREALISTIC expectations. It's been studied scientifically. There are whole psychological works on unrealistic expectations and how unhealthy and damaging they can be. Stop denying reality to win an argument.

Saying in June that we would go 7-9 and miss the playoffs is realistic. Saying we would go undefeated and win the SB is unrealistic.

Calling an expectation unrealistic doesnt necessarily mean its impossible. It could just mean unlikely. I would have called the Cowboys being 10-1 unrealistic. That doesnt mean impossible. Just unlikely.

Speaking strictly based on the odds, one is far more likely to happen than the other. But to call a prediction "realistic" is to believe that your opinion is the most likely reality. What makes a 7-9 prediction more "realistic" than a 9-7 or 10-6 or 5-11 prediction?

I'm "denying reality?" Rut roh, it looks like we've got another person who believes his opinion is reality. But you know what...I'll level with you. Unrealistic expectations do exist. There are delusional people out there. But most people tend to believe in things that are possible. I don't assume we have mentally ill people in this forum.

In that vein, expectations are generally just expectations. But yes, if a person believed the Rams were going to go 16-0 and win a Super Bowl coming into the year, they'd seem delusional.

However, to claim that a person is a "realist" for believe that we'd go 7-9 rather than 10-6 or 5-11 simply doesn't hold for me. You only believe that because it coincided with what you believed.

I agree with that.

Perhaps the better term woould have been "optimist vs pessimist" rather than "realist vs idealist."

Though I still think anyone believing this team was a playoff team with Case Keenum at the helm was about as unrealistic as it gets.

I think those of us who thought we might be a playoff team before the season believed that Goff would start.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Not really. What would you have told Cowboys fans before the season if they told you they'd expect to be 10-1 at this point in the season?

There are simply expectations.

There are REALISTIC expectations and there are UNREALISTIC expectations. It's been studied scientifically. There are whole psychological works on unrealistic expectations and how unhealthy and damaging they can be. Stop denying reality to win an argument.

Saying in June that we would go 7-9 and miss the playoffs is realistic. Saying we would go undefeated and win the SB is unrealistic.

Calling an expectation unrealistic doesnt necessarily mean its impossible. It could just mean unlikely. I would have called the Cowboys being 10-1 unrealistic. That doesnt mean impossible. Just unlikely.

Speaking strictly based on the odds, one is far more likely to happen than the other. But to call a prediction "realistic" is to believe that your opinion is the most likely reality. What makes a 7-9 prediction more "realistic" than a 9-7 or 10-6 or 5-11 prediction?

I'm "denying reality?" Rut roh, it looks like we've got another person who believes his opinion is reality. But you know what...I'll level with you. Unrealistic expectations do exist. There are delusional people out there. But most people tend to believe in things that are possible. I don't assume we have mentally ill people in this forum.

In that vein, expectations are generally just expectations. But yes, if a person believed the Rams were going to go 16-0 and win a Super Bowl coming into the year, they'd seem delusional.

However, to claim that a person is a "realist" for believe that we'd go 7-9 rather than 10-6 or 5-11 simply doesn't hold for me. You only believe that because it coincided with what you believed.

I agree with that.

Perhaps the better term woould have been "optimist vs pessimist" rather than "realist vs idealist."

Though I still think anyone believing this team was a playoff team with Case Keenum at the helm was about as unrealistic as it gets.

I think those of us who thought we might be a playoff team before the season believed that Goff would start.

Agreed. But there were others that saw a Case Keenum led Rams at 3-1 and were talking playoffs.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Agreed. But there were others that saw a Case Keenum led Rams at 3-1 and were talking playoffs.

People were just trying to enjoy the moment and hope for the best. Who knows. Maybe playoffs would have been on the table if Fisher had gotten Goff ready to play after the 3-1 start. But that only enabled Fisher to be the doofus he is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAK11 wrote:

Some of these examples aren't unrealistic at all. Goff playing better than Keenum- What's so unrealistic about a more talented QB playing better? Being excited about a 3-1 start- What's the issue there? That's the best record this team has had in years.
I don't see the issue in being optimistic. Optimistic fans aren't oblivious to the issues with the team.
It's also not easy to predict everything correctly. I'm sure you've been wrong plenty of times, as have I. Take the Austin claim mentioned above, for example. That's a player who had over 900 yards of offense last year and 10 TDs. To think that with a better QB [Goff] he could grow further as a player isn't that crazy. Now what's funny is that if someone claimed that Britt would be a legit #1 WR a few months ago, they would've been ridiculed by everyone. And yet he's on pace for a 1200 yards season.

Of course, i'm not right on everything, only Jerry is. But to think Austin would become a WR1 hell no, were did he gets his 900 yards offense and 10 TD ? Jet sweep and all, that's the majority of his yards came from. That's not what a WR1 performance here. He had the chance to play like a true receiver and he failed again this season. He's a slot/gadget WR player, there's nothing wrong to say that.

What's the issue being excited with a 3-1 record ? Maybe the quality of the victory, not improving at all on offense. It's hard to get excited watching the team winning by 3 FG...

Is it optimistic to expect the team going to the PO with the same inept offense, mental mistake and penalties ?

People who though we were going to PO if Goff started at QB obvioulsy don't know much about this team. It was written all the way since the 1st preseason game that nothing changed in this offense...

But it's the same people who were watching the Dolphins game and saw Goff playing great because his footwork in the pocket were "outstanding" and blablabla... and they still though Goff played better than Keenum but that's wasn't the case (ohoh)

There's no wrong to be optimistic about Goff would play better than Keenum but when you watch this team playing for 5 years with FIsher, you have to be realistic and not expecting something great on offense.

We showed again and again that the QB is useless in Fisher offense since 20 years, what would change with Goff ?

And again, i'm not saying Goff is a bust or something like that. I'm just saying Goff won't panned out with FIsher and that the offense will play the same way with Goff or Keenum, that is being REALISTIC.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preface: It's only a half of football. Goff still has an entire career to play. The Saints pass defense is terrible. And the conditions (dome) are almost perfect outside the noise.

Statement: If, after that one half of football, you cant see why this is a better team with Goff under center than Keenum, you are a turd who has no right to ever discuss football like you know whats going on. Goff is light years ahead of Keenum already in almost every way and its only his 2nd game. I'm not looking at the score. It's irrelevant. I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Am I saying he is perfect? No. Am I saying he wont have his ups and downs as he progresses? Absolutely not. He will have growing pains just like any other young QB. All I am saying is LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN DO vs what Keenum did. If you cant see the difference you are lost.

Case Keenum is, was, and always will be a backup QB. Anyone thinking we were better off with him under center, or even more ridiculously, that he was "the best QB for this offense" needs to go back to football 101 and relearn the basics. Do a lot less talking and a lot more listening.

Secondly, isnt it weird that Goff looks better today than last Sunday. It's almost like the game situation matters. And that, as Goff shows he has a grasp on certain aspects of the game, the coaching staff will open up the playbook and offense. It's so weird. Ive never heard of such a thing.

Kiltman on the sig!

Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as I say that, just to spite me, he makes a terrible decision to throw at a bracketed receiver, missing a wide open Britt on the other side of the field.

But like I said, he will have his growing pains. I expect them.

Kiltman on the sig!

Flounch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about waiting the end of the game or 1 or 2 games before spitting your venom Laughing
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Preface: It's only a half of football.

Some people couldnt even wait one drive to start talking about Goff and claim they were right all along last sunday. Now they want to wait a game or two. XD

Moving on...

Kiltman on the sig!

Flounch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now with garbatge time, i can't wait to read " Hey see, Goff stats are better than Keenum" Very Happy
Flounch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Preface: It's only a half of football. Goff still has an entire career to play. The Saints pass defense is terrible. And the conditions (dome) are almost perfect outside the noise.

Statement: If, after that one half of football, you cant see why this is a better team with Goff under center than Keenum, you are a turd who has no right to ever discuss football like you know whats going on. Goff is light years ahead of Keenum already in almost every way and its only his 2nd game. I'm not looking at the score. It's irrelevant. I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Am I saying he is perfect? No. Am I saying he wont have his ups and downs as he progresses? Absolutely not. He will have growing pains just like any other young QB. All I am saying is LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN DO vs what Keenum did. If you cant see the difference you are lost.

Case Keenum is, was, and always will be a backup QB. Anyone thinking we were better off with him under center, or even more ridiculously, that he was "the best QB for this offense" needs to go back to football 101 and relearn the basics. Do a lot less talking and a lot more listening.

Secondly, isnt it weird that Goff looks better today than last Sunday. It's almost like the game situation matters. And that, as Goff shows he has a grasp on certain aspects of the game, the coaching staff will open up the playbook and offense. It's so weird. Ive never heard of such a thing.

Ok now that the game is finish, i have to remind you that there are 2 half in one game.

Goff made some nice pass and we all expect him to do that against a weak Saints defense. Now did he make this offense looks way better ? 214 passing yards 3 TD and 1 INT against the Saints ? Does this looks better than any Keenum stats ? You tell me . He has one good first half game and then he disappeared like Keenum.

After watching this game, you still don't understand that this offense will never become good with Fisher even Goff is the starter ?? Sorry i can't do anything for you.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:

Kiltman on the sig!

El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he looked awesome.. But everything with a grain of salt.. NO defense blows..

But he did things well.. He moves well and avoids the rush.. And his short compact release is sexy af.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
I thought he looked awesome.. But everything with a grain of salt.. NO defense blows..

But he did things well.. He moves well and avoids the rush.. And his short compact release is sexy af.

Yeah, we really cant jump to any conclusions from this game (other than he is better than Case and makes the offense better) any more than last game.

We'll see where it goes. But even though I expect a whole lot of losing the rest of the season, Goff gives me a reason to watch.

Kiltman on the sig!

Flounch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

Quote:
I am looking at how he carries himself, his pre snap reads, his pocket presence, his ability to sift through reads, his arm strength and quick release, his handle on the clock, his ability to control the tempo, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Ok so tell me how about he handle all the things you said in the 2nd half and how the Rams offense played after the 1st half ?

ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

Ok now that the game is finish, i have to remind you that there are 2 half in one game.

Goff made some nice pass and we all expect him to do that against a weak Saints defense. Now did he make this offense looks way better ? 214 passing yards 3 TD and 1 INT against the Saints ? Does this looks better than any Keenum stats ? You tell me . He has one good first half game and then he disappeared like Keenum.

After watching this game, you still don't understand that this offense will never become good with Fisher even Goff is the starter ?? Sorry i can't do anything for you.

I want to rant so bad, but you're not going to comprehend anything I say. As evidence with everything everyone else has said.

Keenum has never made throws like Goff made today, has never avoided the rush like Goff has today, has never slung it after avoiding pressure like Goff has today. If you really think Keenum is even close to Goff, there's no hope for you. I've been iffy about Goff, but damn he looked nice today.

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: