Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8760
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a 4th Tound pick this year but that's my line as to where I'm ok with taking a QB. Anytime after the 4th Round. If they show enough in camp we can cut Petty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private workout with Kizer as well
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
We don't have a 4th Tound pick this year but that's my line as to where I'm ok with taking a QB. Anytime after the 4th Round. If they show enough in camp we can cut Petty.
Why draft another backup QB?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8760
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
We don't have a 4th Tound pick this year but that's my line as to where I'm ok with taking a QB. Anytime after the 4th Round. If they show enough in camp we can cut Petty.
Why draft another backup QB?

I don't want any qb. Bc of that if we do draft a qb I want it to be later in the draft. Also a backup can develop into a starter. Petty is like 26 already when a rookie we draft can be 21 or 22 with more room to grow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10655
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
We don't have a 4th Tound pick this year but that's my line as to where I'm ok with taking a QB. Anytime after the 4th Round. If they show enough in camp we can cut Petty.
Why draft another backup QB?

I don't want any qb. Bc of that if we do draft a qb I want it to be later in the draft. Also a backup can develop into a starter. Petty is like 26 already when a rookie we draft can be 21 or 22 with more room to grow.


agreed and if he hasn't shown vast improvement in year three hes not worth keeping. taking an early QB be this year would be such a mistake and wed be looking for another in 3 more years again.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 3745
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Private workout with Kizer as well


GROSS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
We don't have a 4th Tound pick this year but that's my line as to where I'm ok with taking a QB. Anytime after the 4th Round. If they show enough in camp we can cut Petty.
Why draft another backup QB?

I don't want any qb. Bc of that if we do draft a qb I want it to be later in the draft. Also a backup can develop into a starter. Petty is like 26 already when a rookie we draft can be 21 or 22 with more room to grow.
I'm cool replacing Petty, but I don't see the point in drafting a guy in the 4th unless someone falls.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 3745
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Petty comes into camp this year and has taken a giant leap forward there is no real reason to keep him. He'll be 26 years old before the season starts and as of last time we saw him he was well behind where you want a 26 year old to be. I'm not saying it is impossible for him to take a big step forward, sometimes it just randomly clicks for guys, but I'm not holding my breath.

The only annoying part about this is we wouldn't know if he make that leap until after the draft. So we can take a guy late to compete with Petty, or hope for the best and give Petty a pass this year in preparation for taking a QB next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Unless Petty comes into camp this year and has taken a giant leap forward there is no real reason to keep him. He'll be 26 years old before the season starts and as of last time we saw him he was well behind where you want a 26 year old to be. I'm not saying it is impossible for him to take a big step forward, sometimes it just randomly clicks for guys, but I'm not holding my breath.

The only annoying part about this is we wouldn't know if he make that leap until after the draft. So we can take a guy late to compete with Petty, or hope for the best and give Petty a pass this year in preparation for taking a QB next year.
I'm fine taking a guy in the 7th or so, but not in the 4th. Unless a guy we like falls, why waste a 4th round pick on a backup QB when we have so many team needs?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 11863
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on the Jets' pick at 6 in the draft section.

It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587070

Thanks,

GFW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3855
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have any reason other than the private workout but I have a gut feeling were going to go with Trubisky @6
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Dont have any reason other than the private workout but I have a gut feeling were going to go with Trubisky @6
I said the same thing. I feel like he's bound to be a Jet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3855
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
Dont have any reason other than the private workout but I have a gut feeling were going to go with Trubisky @6
I said the same thing. I feel like he's bound to be a Jet.
Yeah I'm kind of indifferent about it I think he can be a good QB on the next level just not sure how good could see him being anywhere from Sam Bradford level to Matt Ryan level(Pre-2016)
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Dont have any reason other than the private workout but I have a gut feeling were going to go with Trubisky @6


Yeah, it's because of the McCown signing for me.
_________________

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 3745
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me feels like we are being to public with the whole Trubisky thing for it to be true. There have been rumors about us and Trubisky and us for a while now. This out of a team that runs a pretty tight ship. I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to get a team behind us (Cleveland) to trade ahead of us in hopes that someone we covet drops to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group