Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'm really warming to the idea of taking Trubisky or Mahomes at 6 if we are unable to trade back. I am however strongly opposed to the idea of taking Watson or Kizer anywhere in the first round.

Trubisky and Mahomes are very different prospects though. My sense is that Tru is a much safer pick than Mahomes but he doesn't have near the ceiling Mahomes has. I'm convinced Mitch T will find some success in the NFL, but I question if he could ever be a top 10 QB. Mahomes on the other hand with either be elite or of out of the league in 4 year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaZeN37 wrote:
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'm really warming to the idea of taking Trubisky or Mahomes at 6 if we are unable to trade back. I am however strongly opposed to the idea of taking Watson or Kizer anywhere in the first round.

Trubisky and Mahomes are very different prospects though. My sense is that Tru is a much safer pick than Mahomes but he doesn't have near the ceiling Mahomes has. I'm convinced Mitch T will find some success in the NFL, but I question if he could ever be a top 10 QB. Mahomes on the other hand with either be elite or of out of the league in 4 year.

For me, Watson at least is a winner. All the rest lack anything substantial to be worth the #6 when there are 5-10 nearly sure studs in this draft.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want any QBs in this years class.....All of them look Meh.

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard is the only offensive player I'm considering at 6. He's a 6'6" WR who can block. The guy is going to be a matchup nightmare. You can take #1 WR's out of games and good coaches do it all the time. An elite TE is matchup proof and can change an offense and with two speedy WR's like we have outside just let them bring the safeties down in the box to help slot CB's and LB's cover him. Howard can change an offense in a major way especially one that wants to run first and PA off that. With Enunwa running the slot and Smith/Anderson outside taking the top off the defense we'd be tough to game plan against especially if we can get a running game going.

Bring the safeties down to help out in covering Howard/Enunwa we go over the top to Anderson/Smith. Keep safeties deep we run with two good blocking guys inside in Howard/Enunwa or PA and let them eat up slot CB's and LB's. That is why Howard is the guy we should target over any of the WR's.

Props to Mack on the sig
Sapo28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Howard is the only offensive player I'm considering at 6. He's a 6'6" WR who can block. The guy is going to be a matchup nightmare. You can take #1 WR's out of games and good coaches do it all the time. An elite TE is matchup proof and can change an offense and with two speedy WR's like we have outside just let them bring the safeties down in the box to help slot CB's and LB's cover him. Howard can change an offense in a major way especially one that wants to run first and PA off that. With Enunwa running the slot and Smith/Anderson outside taking the top off the defense we'd be tough to game plan against especially if we can get a running game going.

Bring the safeties down to help out in covering Howard/Enunwa we go over the top to Anderson/Smith. Keep safeties deep we run with two good blocking guys inside in Howard/Enunwa or PA and let them eat up slot CB's and LB's. That is why Howard is the guy we should target over any of the WR's.

I've been having a similar mind set. Howard would help out with our run game, pass game, and pass protection. It's a position of need and he's one of the safest picks in the draft.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapo28 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I've been having a similar mind set. Howard would help out with our run game, pass game, and pass protection. It's a position of need and he's one of the safest picks in the draft.

I'm still not sold on the value of him at 6. His lack of production against college kids kind of scares me a bit. I will say that bama didn't seem to use him properly all the time but still he has 7 CAREER college TD's in 46 games played, Gronk had 10 TD's in his final season in college in 10 games played. Even if used wrong that is shocking.
MP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how loaded this class is at tight end, Id be annoyed if we used the sixth pick on Howard... then again we all said that in the 2014 draft about WR's and we all know how that turned out.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
Considering how loaded this class is at tight end, Id be annoyed if we used the sixth pick on Howard... then again we all said that in the 2014 draft about WR's and we all know how that turned out.

Howard is an elite talent though, if he is the best pick on the board I think we take him.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
MP wrote:

Howard is an elite talent though, if he is the best pick on the board I think we take him.

Correct. And plus, this class is loaded at most of the positions we'll likely target with that pick so what's the difference? You can argue that of all the players available, Howard would help our QBs most.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
MP wrote:

I don't think a TE should ever be picked that high unless you plan on featuring them in your offense like a #1 WR. And while I like Howard I don't want him at 6. In a trade back scenario yes, but not at 6. I don't see 1,200yds and 10 TDs consistently in his future.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
MP wrote:

I don't think a TE should ever be picked that high unless you plan on featuring them in your offense like a #1 WR. And while I like Howard I don't want him at 6. In a trade back scenario yes, but not at 6. I don't see 1,200yds and 10 TDs consistently in his future.

No but why can't you see 900 yards and 10 TD's while being a big asset in the running game with his blocking. The guy runs like a WR and can block.

People are complaining about the TE being deep but then want to draft a safety (also deep) or Fournette (crazy deep class) or reach for a guy like Barnett (deep OLB class) or reach for a WR (none worthy of that position).

People have cried for years about drafting an offensive game changer in the first and there is one sitting there at 6 and now we want to pass on him because you can get an OK TE later in the draft.

The guy is a freak athlete that is matchup proof, can be an asset in the run game when he doesn't touch the ball, and standing at 6'6" can be a young QB's best friend. Bama was a machine on the ground so they didn't have to pass. Plus they didn't exactly have a great QB last year.

The guy is a more athletic Jimmy Graham. He runs like WR and has a 3 cone like an elite CB. There should be no hesitation to draft a talent like this.

Also if you trade back you probably don't get him. There's a good chance he won't make it past Cincy or BUF

Props to Mack on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Davis is very worthy of a pick there. If you don't want him that's cool, but he is very very good.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another media outlet reporting our interest in Trubisky. This time, it's Cimini.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Another media outlet reporting our interest in Trubisky. This time, it's Cimini.

I believe it now that we signed McCown. When people bring up McCown Mentoring, I don't think it's just for Hack.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Corey Davis is very worthy of a pick there. If you don't want him that's cool, but he is very very good.

I do agree actually, he's the only one close to being worthy. I think he'll be very good but would go with Howard over him because of need. Talent wise they are very close so at that point I factor in the need some to sway my decision. If we went Davis I'd be ok with it just not a huge need though.

Williams is not even in the conversation.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 91 of 96

Jump to: