Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Davis is an absolute stud imo. I think he is the WR that translates to the NFL closest to the AJ Green level guys in the league. John Ross is a freak of nature, and he isn't just a fast dude he is a ball player but his size isn't ideal, and his injuries are very scary. Williams is a good player but i think he might have the highest bust potential of any of the 3. I mean... his name isn't a great sign.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be mad if we took OJ Howard.

Yes hes freakishly athletic, but the college production wasn't at a superstar level. you are drafting based on potential, to me we aren't there yet to do that. We need to draft someone who is a safe bet to come in, start, and has all pro potential.

I'd take a Corey Davis or Mike Williams at WR, they both have college production.

I'd take Fournette and Cook.

OJ Howard is a high risk/high reward type.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I'm starting to think our Draft is gonna look something like this

1: Adams/Hooker
2: Edge/CB
3: CB/Edge
3: RB/TE

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trends with pro days seem to show that we've met early and mid round CB's and Edge rushers. Met mid to late round TE's, NT's, RB's, and receivers who function as return guys. Agree with Mr. O. I think we target secondary and edge rushers early. Gut says safety round 1 and if he's there, Kevin King round 2. We've met with him at the combine and his pro day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Trends with pro days seem to show that we've met early and mid round CB's and Edge rushers. Met mid to late round TE's, NT's, RB's, and receivers who function as return guys. Agree with Mr. O. I think we target secondary and edge rushers early. Gut says safety round 1 and if he's there, Kevin King round 2. We've met with him at the combine and his pro day.

Macc is always going to target 1-3 round edge rushers no matter what. As far as showing interest, I wouldn't look too far into it. They didn't pay too much attention to Darron Lee last year yet he was our 1st round pick
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:

NO AWAY MR O
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Macc is always going to target 1-3 round edge rushers no matter what. As far as showing interest, I wouldn't look too far into it. They didn't pay too much attention to Darron Lee last year yet he was our 1st round pick
He did meet with Burris, Robby Anderson, and etc. last year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

NO AWAY MR O
....yes way

Props to CL on the

Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

He did meet with Burris, Robby Anderson, and etc. last year
Yeah I recall us meeting with them either at the Senior Bowl or the Shrine Game, don't remember which

Props to CL on the

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Like I mentioned before, I just want to make sure we get a playmaker, period. I know people are saying the TE/RB positions are deep, but you have to make sure you get your guy. Some of these classes seem deep until they get on the field. You have to get your guy. Get your AJ Green or Julio Jones before you end up with a possible Jonathon Baldwin.

I've noticed some people are basing the picks around today's roster. That's a very bad idea. Your building for the future. So our current status doesn't matter at all. Example, It doesn't matter what McCown or how good our oline is. If Howard or LF are the top playmakers we need, get them. Who knows, Hack could be the one, or we could end up with Rosen next year.

I'm pretty open minded in this draft. There are a lot of people I like as first round prospects.

I feel the same way. As far as prospects that would make me sick at 6, I really just want to stay away from CB, QB, and OL. I wouldn't be thrilled with a LB but I understand the need. I think Fournette gives our team an identity, Howard looks like he is going to be a freak. Since we have a suspect OL having a TE that can do it all is very appealing. The only players I'd really love to have on defense (outside of Garrett) are Adams/Hooker. I think it would be hard to pass up on them. I don't think those 4 will make it out of the top 10, I'd really like to land one at 6.

I agree with you

Fournette, Cook, M. Williams and C. Davis all offer superstar qualities on offense. I think our WR unit is highly overrated so I'm not disregarding the chance we target a WR.

If they really believe WR is BPA then I could live with it. I do have high hopes for our crew and I also don't like the idea of shelling out a ton for a WR eventually. Having all #2 receivers isn't really a bad thing. I just think at 6 there will be better players at positions of greater need.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two names we met with a while back is Antonio Garcia and OJ Howard. With the way Beachum's contract is set up, Garcia would be perfect. Wouldn't be forced to start right away, but could be ready soon enough if Beachum doesn't perform well or get hurt again.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched some Budda Baker highlights. First time watching his tape and he just jumps off the screen. I hope he makes it to our 2nd round pick.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Just watched some Budda Baker highlights. First time watching his tape and he just jumps off the screen. I hope he makes it to our 2nd round pick.

I actually just saw a mock with him in the 3rd. Would be ecstatic if we could get him that late.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only defensive player I'd want at 6 is Adams. Otherwise, I'd lean towards Howard, Cook, or Davis. Maybe it's considered a little high for these guys, but I just want a high end contributor with the first selection, preferably an offensive weapon. No injury guys with first pick please.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to dig deep into the WR position bc I do think we draft one. We've been linked to several guys this off season and this is even before we decide on if we want to keep Decker or not. I really think we cant eliminate the possibility of going WR in Round 1 (I don't think it will happen, but it could). I've stated many times that I think our young WR group is highly overrated and even if you do think they're a talented young group... there's no #1 WR potential in any of them. Enunwa is the best of the bunch and he's just a younger Decker. who has always been a #2. I think Davis or even Williams give us a legit franchise #1 WR. IFFFFFF Hack plays at some point and gets a WR group of Davis/Williams, Enunwa, Anderson, Smith, Peake and Marshall to work with... he has increasingly good odds to succeed in this league. This was a big point on why I thought Geno never got a legit shot, bc we never gave him weapons. I don't want to see us do the same thing with Hack or whoever we plug in as a young QB.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: