You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are some prospects that you guys flat out don't want? I'm mainly asking about who makes you guys cringe when you see them mocked to us at #6 but if there is someone in the later rounds you despise you can throw that in there too.

This is a rare draft where i really don't have a guy in the first. There is a whole slew of guys i'd be ok with. The main name that triggers my gag reflex though is Marshon Lattimore. I really really don't want to take another chance on a top 10 CB pick who can't stay on the field.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I mentioned before, I just want to make sure we get a playmaker, period. I know people are saying the TE/RB positions are deep, but you have to make sure you get your guy. Some of these classes seem deep until they get on the field. You have to get your guy. Get your AJ Green or Julio Jones before you end up with a possible Jonathon Baldwin.

I've noticed some people are basing the picks around today's roster. That's a very bad idea. Your building for the future. So our current status doesn't matter at all. Example, It doesn't matter what McCown or how good our oline is. If Howard or LF are the top playmakers we need, get them. Who knows, Hack could be the one, or we could end up with Rosen next year.

I'm pretty open minded in this draft. There are a lot of people I like as first round prospects.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Who are some prospects that you guys flat out don't want? I'm mainly asking about who makes you guys cringe when you see them mocked to us at #6 but if there is someone in the later rounds you despise you can throw that in there too.

This is a rare draft where i really don't have a guy in the first. There is a whole slew of guys i'd be ok with. The main name that triggers my gag reflex though is Marshon Lattimore. I really really don't want to take another chance on a top 10 CB pick who can't stay on the field.

Yeah, there isn't a CB I like as a 1st round pick this year. There are a lot I love in the 2nd-4th round . It's not because it's a "Deep" class, I just don't see someone close to being a sure thing.

Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone be mad if we drafted Jones / Hooker at 6 and then CB in both round 2 and 3 ?

I wouldn't

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Would anyone be mad if we drafted Jones / Hooker at 6 and then CB in both round 2 and 3 ?

I wouldn't

Didn't Jones just get hurt? I'm cool with Hooker, but also would like to grab Foster if he's there and Adam's isn't.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

I wouldn't
Id be cool with safety first round and K. King or Adoree in the 2nd. With Burris continuing to develop, I wouldn't want to go corner in the third.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

I wouldn't

Jones?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

I wouldn't

If you mean Hooker/Adams in the first, then CB, CB. I'm not sure. I guess it depends on who it is and who else we can end up with.

Bianconero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol idk why I wrote Jones

Meant Adams, yes !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@DraftAnalyst1 44m44 minutes ago

Nearly 2 dozen teams attended the #ODU pro day to see WR Zach Pascal. He spent time w/ the #Jets, #Bears, & #Broncos http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-17-middle-tennessee-update

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Like I mentioned before, I just want to make sure we get a playmaker, period. I know people are saying the TE/RB positions are deep, but you have to make sure you get your guy. Some of these classes seem deep until they get on the field. You have to get your guy. Get your AJ Green or Julio Jones before you end up with a possible Jonathon Baldwin.

I've noticed some people are basing the picks around today's roster. That's a very bad idea. Your building for the future. So our current status doesn't matter at all. Example, It doesn't matter what McCown or how good our oline is. If Howard or LF are the top playmakers we need, get them. Who knows, Hack could be the one, or we could end up with Rosen next year.

I'm pretty open minded in this draft. There are a lot of people I like as first round prospects.

I feel the same way. As far as prospects that would make me sick at 6, I really just want to stay away from CB, QB, and OL. I wouldn't be thrilled with a LB but I understand the need. I think Fournette gives our team an identity, Howard looks like he is going to be a freak. Since we have a suspect OL having a TE that can do it all is very appealing. The only players I'd really love to have on defense (outside of Garrett) are Adams/Hooker. I think it would be hard to pass up on them. I don't think those 4 will make it out of the top 10, I'd really like to land one at 6.
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what I think we need to go BPA because we need talent. So if two cornerbacks are the BPA then I am all for it.

A few guys outside of round 1 I truly want are

Ryan Anderson: who I think secretly might have been one of the best players in this draft. Many people don't talk about him to much because of how good some of the players are around him. But this guy can do it all for us as an OLB on the opposite side of Jenkins.

Tredavious White: not the most physical guy, but someone who can seriously grow as a player with NFL weight training, and coaching. He doesn't lack athleticism, feet, technique. Hes gifted and someone we shouldn't pass up.

Marcus Williams: why? He is the rangy, athletic, ball hawking safety we have been searching for so desperately for years. We need a FS that is instinctive and someone with supreme ball skills, he's everything that I have said above.

3 lock players above that I think will make a serious impact in the league. Not busts , barring injury of course.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I feel the same way. As far as prospects that would make me sick at 6, I really just want to stay away from CB, QB, and OL. I wouldn't be thrilled with a LB but I understand the need. I think Fournette gives our team an identity, Howard looks like he is going to be a freak. Since we have a suspect OL having a TE that can do it all is very appealing. The only players I'd really love to have on defense (outside of Garrett) are Adams/Hooker. I think it would be hard to pass up on them. I don't think those 4 will make it out of the top 10, I'd really like to land one at 6.

I agree with you
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I agree with you

Fournette, Cook, M. Williams and C. Davis all offer superstar qualities on offense. I think our WR unit is highly overrated so I'm not disregarding the chance we target a WR.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I agree with you

Fournette, Cook, M. Williams and C. Davis all offer superstar qualities on offense. I think our WR unit is highly overrated so I'm not disregarding the chance we target a WR.

I will take any one of the players you have listed at our #6 pick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: