Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Prospects Reply with quote

Who does everyone like?!?!
Jets913

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

way too early, but not including Fournette (who I love) Adoree Jackson and Desmond King would be awesome for this team
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB Jabril Peppers is my favorite prospect in the draft. I'm a big Secondary guy and he would thrive under Bowles. We could use him the way he used Mathieu or Peterson he's that good. He's a top 15 pick so we might have a shot considering we're mostly picked to go 8-8

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
DB Jabril Peppers is my favorite prospect in the draft. I'm a big Secondary guy and he would thrive under Bowles. We could use him the way he used Mathieu or Peterson he's that good. He's a top 15 pick so we might have a shot considering we're mostly picked to go 8-8

Peppers is a freak but I think he needs to carve out a position before seasons end. He's playing almost that Buchanon role for Arizona right now, but we kinda already have that with Pryor or even Lee.

Hard to tell what's needs this early I know but there's just some players that jump out. Several good RBs obviously. Assume we're drafting middle of the pack one will fall. And a weapon like Cook or Mccaffrey could help any team. OT is a need. Only guy I really know is Cam Robinson but he won't last till our pick, so I have to do research on OTs. CB can be a need. Sadly I think this is more then likely what we go with bc after all we don't draft offense in around 1, we're the Jets. WR coulda even be a need, yes we have 3 rookies but none which should be a #1 or even #2 WR, just depth. Marshall isn't exactly young. And if we go younger at qb in the coming years we will need talented WRs to help out. A FS might be a luxury pick, but we can certainly use an upgrade from Gilchrist. I thought Gilchrist was quite overrated last year. Peppers could carve out that role perhaps. And when you don't have a franchise qb, qb is always a need. I really like Mahomes out of Texas Tech. I see some Russell Wilson/ Cam Newton in him.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Peppers is a freak but I think he needs to carve out a position before seasons end. He's playing almost that Buchanon role for Arizona right now, but we kinda already have that with Pryor or even Lee.

Hard to tell what's needs this early I know but there's just some players that jump out. Several good RBs obviously. Assume we're drafting middle of the pack one will fall. And a weapon like Cook or Mccaffrey could help any team. OT is a need. Only guy I really know is Cam Robinson but he won't last till our pick, so I have to do research on OTs. CB can be a need. Sadly I think this is more then likely what we go with bc after all we don't draft offense in around 1, we're the Jets. WR coulda even be a need, yes we have 3 rookies but none which should be a #1 or even #2 WR, just depth. Marshall isn't exactly young. And if we go younger at qb in the coming years we will need talented WRs to help out. A FS might be a luxury pick, but we can certainly use an upgrade from Gilchrist. I thought Gilchrist was quite overrated last year. Peppers could carve out that role perhaps. And when you don't have a franchise qb, qb is always a need. I really like Mahomes out of Texas Tech. I see some Russell Wilson/ Cam Newton in him.

Harbaugh said he's likely a Corner at the next level or a big Nickel who you put on the Outside, Slot or TE's even Running Backs. He's so versatile and Bowles seems to want his DBs to do a little bit of everything.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Harbaugh said he's likely a Corner at the next level or a big Nickel who you put on the Outside, Slot or TE's even Running Backs. He's so versatile and Bowles seems to want his DBs to do a little bit of everything.

We probably wouldn't have a shot at him but a secondary with Jabril at corner and Revis and Pryor at safety could be a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

We probably wouldn't have a shot at him but a secondary with Jabril at corner and Revis and Pryor at safety could be a step in the right direction.

Although that would be amazing, no way should we pay Revis 17 million to play FS. They have to get rid of that contract as soon as they can if he's declining at corner.

The Dee Milliner failed pick really kills us. We needed him to workout in the worst way possible. All these drafted DBs and our secondary looked pitiful yesterday. Gilchrist also on notice. He kill us even more than Revis did yesterday.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Although that would be amazing, no way should we pay Revis 17 million to play FS. They have to get rid of that contract as soon as they can if he's declining at corner.

The Dee Milliner failed pick really kills us. We needed him to workout in the worst way possible. All these drafted DBs and our secondary looked pitiful yesterday. Gilchrist also on notice. He kill us even more than Revis did yesterday.

Don't forget McDougle as a fail in Round 3 either. Pretty sad that we drafted Milliner with the 9th pick and Milliner with our 3rd rounder a year later and Burris and Williams as a 4th rounder and UDFA are better.
Emerald

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiser and Watson are at the top of my draft board.

There are some stud RBs in this draft imo.

Cook
Chubb
Fournette
jvilma51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'm keeping an eye on this year for the Jets:

QB:
DeShaun Watson, Clemson
Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame
Brad Kaaya, Miami

RB:
Nick Chubb, Georgia
Leonard Fournette, LSU
Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
Dalvin Cook, FSU

OL:
Cam Robinson, Alabama
Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
Pat Elflein, Ohio State
Dan Feeney, Indiana

CB/S:
Desmond King, Iowa
Jabril Peppers, Michigan
Adoree Jackson, USC
Jalen Tabor, Florida

Just a few guys are highly touted going in to this year. I figure if we go 7-9 that will net us pick 11-14. Depending how things play out, I would love to grab one of the top QBs, OL or Secondary.

Props to jgoldiscool
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking around for the QB we're going to trade our house for if Petty doesn't work out.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early but right now in the first round I'd be looking at the OL, guys like Mcglinchey, Robinson, Elflein, or CBs like Tabor or King.

We'll probably need a running back unless this kid Pope surprises us. We have 3 rookies, Enunwa and Smith,all young with potential at WR, so I wouldn't draft anyone there until day 3.

At OLB I want to see how Mauldin and Jenkins perform. Although if we go with a 4 man front, we might want to add Barnett or Garrett as a DE.

I guess, besides the college season and post college season circus, we'll have to see what are our weaknesses and draft position. We're not going to have a lot of money for free agents. According to Overthecap, our cap liabilities are at 167 million. Cutting Mangold, Marshall, Harris and Henderson will give us some room but we'll have to see how they play this year. Cutting Richardson would save us some money as well, but that seems kind of stupid.
MP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets need to take a serious look at their offensive line in this draft, it's time to start revamping it. Could be interesting to see if the Jets actually take another line backer with Harris getting up there in age as there's a ton of backers in this draft.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Still looking around for the QB we're going to trade our house for if Petty doesn't work out.

Josh Rosen is the guy I see rising to the top of the class.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Imarobot"][quote="rickyt31"]Still looking around for the QB we're going to trade our house for if Petty doesn't work out.[/quote]

Josh Rosen is the guy I see rising to the top of the class.[/quote]

Rosen and possibly Lamar Jackson are 2018 unfortunately.

Petty's ceiling is backup.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: