Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

He's a head Hunter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: He's a head Hunter Reply with quote

Danielle Hunter’s second season in the NFL got off to a splashy start. After Marcus Mariota handed off to running back DeMarco Murray on a first-and-10 situation, Murray dropped the ball near his own 25-yard line. Without breaking stride, Hunter eyed the pigskin, scooped it up and sprinted to the end zone for a Vikings touchdown. The play wasn’t surprising to Adrian Peterson, who spent the summer in Texas working out at his gym with Hunter. Hunter’s work ethic and dedication to his training told Peterson that the defensive end was “destined” for a big season in 2016. Peterson didn’t keep Hunter a secret.

Peterson: “I remember sending a couple texts to Rick and Coach Zimmer and saying, ‘Hey, when Hunter comes back, you guys are going to see a different beast.’ He’s already a beast, but I know what we do [at the gym] and with how hard he was grinding, he would come on the field, and it was going to reflect. You can just look at him and tell he’s different. He has great speed and quickness, he’s strong as a bull. He’s a smart player.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Danielle-Hunter-on-TD-Fumble-Return-I-Just-Scooped-and-Scored/cccfe064-d27b-450a-b8c9-edf488eb6243

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he play RB? Laughing

I love that he's younger than a lot of this past draft class. With Robison still playing well, Danielle can continue to develop with minimal pressure on him (like with Griffen).

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how many snaps he is getting, while still keeping Robison on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robison is very smart, he has lost some speed, but his football IQ is very high. Having Hunter behind Everson and Robison, while getting reps bodes well for him. Love when this guy is on the field. His sack play was impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say the nicest thing about this Hunter situation is his leaders he can learn from. He can sit back and come in when the right situation occurs or when Robinson needs that breather. It's great how well he can play when he comes in. Getting pressure, making big plays when he is fresh and the offensive line is tired. It's a very big aspect that helps our defense. Key reason for depth being so big on defense nowadays.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Boda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Robison is very smart, he has lost some speed, but his football IQ is very high. Having Hunter behind Everson and Robison, while getting reps bodes well for him. Love when this guy is on the field. His sack play was impressive.

I love seeing posts like this about Robison. I remember all the hate he was getting here where almost everyone wanted to replace him.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I love that he's younger than a lot of this past draft class.

I believe he's still the second-youngest player on the roster behind Treadwell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shows great versatility, as well. He was lined up over the RT on the sack and over the LT on the scoop and score, a read option that he played perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I love how many snaps he is getting, while still keeping Robison on the field.

Zimmer said he's (basically) a starter on nickle defense. He's too good to be left on the sidelines. Very well rounded player and athletic freak.

Can't get enough of him. Hope he terrorizes GB this week!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

I love seeing posts like this about Robison. I remember all the hate he was getting here where almost everyone wanted to replace him.

He HAS slowed down physically...however, I think he's concentrating harder on his technique and being a crafty veteran with a role. Lot's of players cannot make that transition to extend their career. It appears that Robison has.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally I'd like to see our DL rotation look like this:

RDE - 85% Griffen, 15% Hunter
LDE - 30% Robison, 60% Hunter, 10% Trattou
DT - 40% Floyd, 40% Robison, 20% Tom Johnson
NT - 65% Joseph, 25% Floyd, 10% Stephen

Griffen - 85%
Hunter - 75%
Robison - 70%
Joseph - 65%
Floyd - 65%
Johnson - 20%
Trattou - 10%
Stephen - 10%

Lots of playing time for all 3 of our top DE's, while keeping everyone fresh

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle Hunter has three sacks and 15 tackles in the Vikings' four games, including a safety and a fumble return for a touchdown. The defensive end has emerged as a key player at only 21.

Hunter: “I’m just going out there and doing my technique and doing what the coaches tell me to do, that’s just a big part of just doing your job. Just staying focused and stuff like that. Everyone on the D-line has helped me a lot. I always look at them and try to find something from each one of them that I can make a part of my game, and a big part of that is the coaches. Coach Zim and Coach Dre [defensive line coach Andre Patterson] always stress things on me, so stuff like that helps me be the player I am. I learned the game of football is full of athletes, but the ones that survive are the technicians. If you don’t do your technique, you’re not going to last.

“I just go out there, do my technique that the coaches tell me, do what my teammates tell me to do. Just do your job.”

http://www.startribune.com/danielle-hunter-s-emphasis-on-technique-has-paid-off-for-vikings/396425321/[/i]

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Danielle Hunter has most sacks (15.5) among all '15 draft class and only 4 #Vikings have had more in 1st 2 seasons with team

https://www.twitter.com/wobby

1. Jared Allen - 29 (2008-09)
2. Kevin Williams - 22.5 (2003-04)
3. Keith Millard - 21.5 (1985-86)
4. Alan Page - 19.5 (1967-68 )

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter is also .5 sacks from giving Zimmer a 10 sack player in 3 straight seasons. He only had one season in Cincinnati where a player reached double digit sacks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Hunter is also .5 sacks from giving Zimmer a 10 sack player in 3 straight seasons. He only had one season in Cincinnati where a player reached double digit sacks.

Not that it really matters, but he isn't even on the Pro Bowl roster. 9.5 sacks with 4 games to go and a Safety, and Touchdown. He is on pace for:
12.5 sacks and 50 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: