Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers @ Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Chargers @ Chiefs Reply with quote

Gordon actually looks good to start the year.

Rivers and Allen oh boy.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verrett really has been a bright spot. That play was insane.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on Allen?
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
Any updates on Allen?

Rumor is acl.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blow a 21 point lead. McCoy era.
AlonzoHarris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Chargers. Goes from lights out to terrible in the same game or season.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlonzoHarris wrote:
Classic Chargers. Goes from lights out to terrible in the same game or season.

Not to mention giving a 4-12 coach an extension. Same old Chargers
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I logged off after the third quarter. Didn't see that one coming and don't think it would have happened with Allen in. He gave the Chiefs fits on each and every snap.

Here's to hoping the injury isn't that bad ...

Looking forward to seeing you in San Diego!

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Verrett really has been a bright spot. That play was insane.

Agreed. I don't know what Verrett could have done better on the TD catch, but otherwise, he had Alex Smith looking away from Maclin. Feels good to have a corner we can rely on to shut down opposing teams' best receivers.

On offense, Orlando Franklin really stood out. Dominant blocking against a really good Chiefs DL. That must have felt great after the season he had last year.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why this subforum is dead. Same Chargers [inappropriate/removed], different season. It's hard to care about a team that rewards sub-mediocrity by giving Mike "no cojones" McCoy a contract extension. With Keenan out, this is going to be a loooong season. Rivers will keep us competitive, but I think our ceiling is 7 wins.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside fan.

I have Melvin in fantasy. Really excited for the year ahead for him. I didn't get to watch the game but I was baffled by the lack of carries given to Melvin with the lead they had.

What happened there?
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Outside fan.

I have Melvin in fantasy. Really excited for the year ahead for him. I didn't get to watch the game but I was baffled by the lack of carries given to Melvin with the lead they had.

What happened there?

We don't know... just par for the course for the Chargers to get away from what is working.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know that there's a team in the NFL that finds ways to lose more than this one. They somehow manage to rip defeat from the jaws victory regularly.

You'd think McCoy would have learned from Marty getting fired that going full conservative after you get lead doesn't keep you employed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
i don't know that there's a team in the NFL that finds ways to lose more than this one. They somehow manage to rip defeat from the jaws victory regularly.

You'd think McCoy would have learned from Marty getting fired that going full conservative after you get lead doesn't keep you employed.

Thats the thing though....I would've been SUPER happy if they just played martyball for the last half of that game.

Instead, the second KA went out, we went all shotgun, spread the Chiefs out and just ignored that we had completely worn the DL out in the first half and were averaging 7ypc on the ground. Pagano messed up in his own right and got soft, but its easy to get caught with you're pants down when the offense is going 3 and out almost every drive. I just don't understand, when you're dominating with a power run game, and get up big, thats NOT THE DAMN TIME TO TAKE YOU'RE FOOT OFF THE PEDAL. Thats when you keep giving the ball to Melvin Gordon and run it down their throats...not go shotgun and take Gordon out.

Unless Gordon had something going on and they kept him on a pitch count, then it doesn't really make any sense to me....

But lets all remember that this is how the '13 season started too. We blew a 17 or 24pt lead vs Houston in the 2nd half, and we bounced back just fine. I think we showed enough good things that we can move forward, but this is definitely a different offence without KA in the game.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

Thats the thing though....I would've been SUPER happy if they just played martyball for the last half of that game.

Instead, the second KA went out, we went all shotgun, spread the Chiefs out and just ignored that we had completely worn the DL out in the first half and were averaging 7ypc on the ground. Pagano messed up in his own right and got soft, but its easy to get caught with you're pants down when the offense is going 3 and out almost every drive. I just don't understand, when you're dominating with a power run game, and get up big, thats NOT THE DAMN TIME TO TAKE YOU'RE FOOT OFF THE PEDAL. Thats when you keep giving the ball to Melvin Gordon and run it down their throats...not go shotgun and take Gordon out.

Unless Gordon had something going on and they kept him on a pitch count, then it doesn't really make any sense to me....

But lets all remember that this is how the '13 season started too. We blew a 17 or 24pt lead vs Houston in the 2nd half, and we bounced back just fine. I think we showed enough good things that we can move forward, but this is definitely a different offence without KA in the game.

Martyball would have been run 3x, and punt. It would have been the same result.

Going spread, and just running the ball with the smallest back on the team was a horrible idea. They did need to let Gordon keep shoving it down their throats, but that sets up the play action, and Rivers has one of the best PA fakes in the game. Don't change what's working until the game is out of reach, or both sides of the ball for the other team are defeated.

The days of slowing down to maintain a lead are long gone. Offenses have changed, and any team can score on a couple plays. You have to keep going. Take some high risk plays out, but don't think you can win after killing your momentum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: