Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Miami Dolphins (0-0) @ Seattle Seahawks (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7010
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I was at the game so I missed a couple of things noted on television. You couldn't really tell that Russell was seriously hurt being there, so I didn't realize what a gritty performance it was.

As others have noted, Earl looked horrendous. His play with the ball in flight on the Stills drop was lackadaisical and lucky as hell. He looked like he was shying away from contact. I really don't get it. I understand and 100% agree that he is generally overrated, but this game was probably an all-time low for him. What happened to the guy who was sideline to sideline like a heat-seeking missile? Where's the guy who plays disciplined in his responsibilities?

DeShawn Shead was phenomenal, and I just heard he was PFF's #1 ranked CB for Week 1. Kid looks like a bulldog out there. Jeremy Lane was also excellent. I can see why the coaching staff has been raving about this CB group.

Doug is in for a big year. The chemistry between he and Russ is just insane.
Yeah this year's top 3 CBs looked REALLY good. Marsh was great on special teams and showed more as a pass rusher than I was expecting

His strip sack at the end was heroic

I also think it is worth noting that while Reed wasn't an amazing pass rusher, he batted down two balls. If he keeps that skill up he'll be very valuable on passing downs


This team needs to find more ways to get Cash on the field. He looked like a difference maker out there.

Reed did a very good job with that. He doesn't get push but at least he does a good job keeping his eyes on the QB.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33485
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I was at the game so I missed a couple of things noted on television. You couldn't really tell that Russell was seriously hurt being there, so I didn't realize what a gritty performance it was.

As others have noted, Earl looked horrendous. His play with the ball in flight on the Stills drop was lackadaisical and lucky as hell. He looked like he was shying away from contact. I really don't get it. I understand and 100% agree that he is generally overrated, but this game was probably an all-time low for him. What happened to the guy who was sideline to sideline like a heat-seeking missile? Where's the guy who plays disciplined in his responsibilities?

DeShawn Shead was phenomenal, and I just heard he was PFF's #1 ranked CB for Week 1. Kid looks like a bulldog out there. Jeremy Lane was also excellent. I can see why the coaching staff has been raving about this CB group.

Doug is in for a big year. The chemistry between he and Russ is just insane.
Yeah this year's top 3 CBs looked REALLY good. Marsh was great on special teams and showed more as a pass rusher than I was expecting

His strip sack at the end was heroic

I also think it is worth noting that while Reed wasn't an amazing pass rusher, he batted down two balls. If he keeps that skill up he'll be very valuable on passing downs



He wasn't drafted to be, so I'm good with that. He was a key contributor on that 4th down play as well as what you've mentioned. He had a great rookie debut
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 640
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sowell was pretty bad and Gilliam wasn't great either. Interior OL held up well all things consider in pass pro I think. Glow got beat in the run game some but Suh is a man

Earl was really disappointing and Lockett wasn't really on his game either


You finally got to see what I've been trying to tell you but you wouldn't listen. ET did that all last season in our late game collapses. I like him, he's ours, but I can be objective and say he's vastly overrated. Will you ever admit it?
No, go pull up all of those threads. I repeatedly pointed out where you were wrong and acknowledged where you were right (the occasional time). His poor angles and horrendous tackling were far worse today than normal. Your main tape from last year was week 1 when he was playing with a shoulder brace and trying to play over the top of everything. Earl had a down year last year by his standards but was still a top 3 safety. This was different and a lot worse. Kam was the far better safety today

Here's to hoping he rebounds

EDIT
I see you mentioned the Foster play. I don't know what exactly you're saying his responsibility was, but what he did wrong there was a [inappropriate/removed] poor angle and a really bad job of using the sideline as leverage. Both frustrating and serious issues if they continue to be sure. However, that was Marsh's guy. He was supposed to flash to the flats


I should've taken the high road & not mentioned it. I guess I've been so frustrated with ET's play for the past 19 games now, that it just spilled over. I have 4-5 2015 games with All-22 views that I have documented. Plays that were ET's support but were off the TV screen & only visible by all-22. Big TD plays that cost us late & led to 3-4 L's.

I hope he rebounds, too. To get back to the SB, we need ET playing at an elite level. The games, 2 vs Zona, 1 vs Panthers & 1 vs GB will determine our season & all QB's that exploited us last season.

It's just frustration because we need ET.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 640
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I was at the game so I missed a couple of things noted on television. You couldn't really tell that Russell was seriously hurt being there, so I didn't realize what a gritty performance it was.

As others have noted, Earl looked horrendous. His play with the ball in flight on the Stills drop was lackadaisical and lucky as hell. He looked like he was shying away from contact. I really don't get it. I understand and 100% agree that he is generally overrated, but this game was probably an all-time low for him. What happened to the guy who was sideline to sideline like a heat-seeking missile? Where's the guy who plays disciplined in his responsibilities?

DeShawn Shead was phenomenal, and I just heard he was PFF's #1 ranked CB for Week 1. Kid looks like a bulldog out there. Jeremy Lane was also excellent. I can see why the coaching staff has been raving about this CB group.

Doug is in for a big year. The chemistry between he and Russ is just insane.


100% Spot on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 640
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an obvious positive note but no thread to talk about other NFL games, it was fantastic to watch both Carolina & Zona lose on last second/minute hooked fg's that could've won their games.

That's a big weekend for us. We steal a game I don't "feel" we should've won & they lose games I thought they'd win, especially Zona at home vs no brady or Gronk.

Great start!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26306
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
On an obvious positive note but no thread to talk about other NFL games, it was fantastic to watch both Carolina & Zona lose on last second/minute hooked fg's that could've won their games.

That's a big weekend for us. We steal a game I don't "feel" we should've won & they lose games I thought they'd win, especially Zona at home vs no brady or Gronk.

Great start!
I didn't get a chance to watch the Cards game. I heard they didn't look great, but that was mainly commentary on the first half. What did people who saw the game think of them?
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brseahawks


Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 803
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Tannehill pressured on 48.5% of his dropbacks.

5 sacks.

Nice start by the Seahawks pass rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33485
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26306
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7010
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?


Boy I hope so Laughing
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33485
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?


It's being speculated. Two personal fouls in one play, getting an ejection and then slamming your helmet on the turf and leaving it there on national television is definitely grounds for suspension

He's a really good player tho, so who knows. NFL is never consistent and favors it's talent
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7010
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?


It's being speculated. Two personal fouls in one play, getting an ejection and then slamming your helmet on the turf and leaving it there on national television is definitely grounds for suspension

He's a really good player tho, so who knows. NFL is never consistent and favors it's talent


Who was it on the Rams like 2 years ago who freaked out at our place and got ejected? William Hayes? Kendall Langford? Did that player get suspended the following game?
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33485
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?


It's being speculated. Two personal fouls in one play, getting an ejection and then slamming your helmet on the turf and leaving it there on national television is definitely grounds for suspension

He's a really good player tho, so who knows. NFL is never consistent and favors it's talent


Who was it on the Rams like 2 years ago who freaked out at our place and got ejected? William Hayes? Kendall Langford? Did that player get suspended the following game?


It was like Langofrd or Westbrooks or something. Was that as bad as Donald tho?
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33485
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap2000000306046/Langford-ejected-in-Seattle

Here it is. He didn't get suspended (to my knowledge), but it wasn't quite as bad as donald IMO.

Obviously I'm hoping he's suspended for our sake
Laughing
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7010
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Aaron Donald very likely might have gifted us a win this weekend.
Is he getting suspended for something?


It's being speculated. Two personal fouls in one play, getting an ejection and then slamming your helmet on the turf and leaving it there on national television is definitely grounds for suspension

He's a really good player tho, so who knows. NFL is never consistent and favors it's talent


Who was it on the Rams like 2 years ago who freaked out at our place and got ejected? William Hayes? Kendall Langford? Did that player get suspended the following game?


It was like Langofrd or Westbrooks or something. Was that as bad as Donald tho?


I'm trying to remember. What got Langford(?) ejected was the contact with the ref, which Donald also had called against him. Not only did he disrespect the official on national television, but he had an opposing player by the neck and forcibly removed his helmet. That's either a big fine or a suspension.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group