You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Miami Dolphins (0-0) @ Seattle Seahawks (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 12661
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that was ugly
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33493
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very weird game. Glad to be 1-0. Need to figure some things out, starting with our QBs ankle.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2913
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game winning drive on one leg
_________________
Go Hawks! WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 2172
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure who to blame on that performance. The playcalling wasnt awful. Could have been more plays designed down field though.

Russell made some bonehead decisions but wasnt terrible.

O-line wasnt bad. A few bad plays but pretty good overall. Miami's D-line is a good bunch.

Running backs were good. Wish Prosise got more plays.

Glad Graham got a catch.

Defense was solid. One obviously bad scoring drive and one bad play allowed in the 1st half.

Earl sucked.

Just a meh day I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 4234
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
I'm not really sure who to blame on that performance. The playcalling wasnt awful. Could have been more plays designed down field though.

Russell made some bonehead decisions but wasnt terrible.

O-line wasnt bad. A few bad plays but pretty good overall. Miami's D-line is a good bunch.

Running backs were good. Wish Prosise got more plays.

Glad Graham got a catch.

Defense was solid. One obviously bad scoring drive and one bad play allowed in the 1st half.

Earl sucked.

Just a meh day I guess.


Wasn't Graham mostly on the sideline until we really needed plays at the end of the game?

Hopefully Wilsons ankle is feeling better next week we got LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sowell was pretty bad and Gilliam wasn't great either. Interior OL held up well all things consider in pass pro I think. Glow got beat in the run game some but Suh is a man

Earl was really disappointing and Lockett wasn't really on his game either
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 2172
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I'm not really sure who to blame on that performance. The playcalling wasnt awful. Could have been more plays designed down field though.

Russell made some bonehead decisions but wasnt terrible.

O-line wasnt bad. A few bad plays but pretty good overall. Miami's D-line is a good bunch.

Running backs were good. Wish Prosise got more plays.

Glad Graham got a catch.

Defense was solid. One obviously bad scoring drive and one bad play allowed in the 1st half.

Earl sucked.

Just a meh day I guess.


Wasn't Graham mostly on the sideline until we really needed plays at the end of the game?

Hopefully Wilsons ankle is feeling better next week we got LA.
Yeah I dont think Graham played in the 1st half. They put him in when it mattered which is good news for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Wtf is wrong with Earl Thomas


I loathe bashing our players, but ET is overrated. Been saying that for some time now. I pointed out his lack of instincts numerous times last season but needed All-22 to see it. Today, CBS showed all - 22 on the poor recognition on Stills, and others were just right in front of us for all to see. (Foster)
This game isn't an aberration, either. He's a good safety but far far far from an elite talent.

We pulled out an ugly win. There are no comments for ugly wins in the W column. Still says 1-0.

Go Hawks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Very weird game. Glad to be 1-0. Need to figure some things out, starting with our QBs ankle.


I take it you don't want to see Boykin start vs the Rams. I wish we had Tjack because I'd prefer to sit RW. Ankle injuries won't heal if he plays on it. We'll beat the Rams & 9ers either way. I'd like to keep RW in wraps until week 4 against the Jets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sowell was pretty bad and Gilliam wasn't great either. Interior OL held up well all things consider in pass pro I think. Glow got beat in the run game some but Suh is a man

Earl was really disappointing and Lockett wasn't really on his game either


You finally got to see what I've been trying to tell you but you wouldn't listen. ET did that all last season in our late game collapses. I like him, he's ours, but I can be objective and say he's vastly overrated. Will you ever admit it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 2701
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Wilson is alright for you all. Not only fantasy purposes but I am a huge fan of him and have liked him since his college days. Very weird day of football to say the least.
_________________
2017 Adopt-a-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Kevin Dodd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sowell was pretty bad and Gilliam wasn't great either. Interior OL held up well all things consider in pass pro I think. Glow got beat in the run game some but Suh is a man

Earl was really disappointing and Lockett wasn't really on his game either


You finally got to see what I've been trying to tell you but you wouldn't listen. ET did that all last season in our late game collapses. I like him, he's ours, but I can be objective and say he's vastly overrated. Will you ever admit it?
No, go pull up all of those threads. I repeatedly pointed out where you were wrong and acknowledged where you were right (the occasional time). His poor angles and horrendous tackling were far worse today than normal. Your main tape from last year was week 1 when he was playing with a shoulder brace and trying to play over the top of everything. Earl had a down year last year by his standards but was still a top 3 safety. This was different and a lot worse. Kam was the far better safety today

Here's to hoping he rebounds

EDIT
I see you mentioned the Foster play. I don't know what exactly you're saying his responsibility was, but what he did wrong there was a [inappropriate/removed] poor angle and a really bad job of using the sideline as leverage. Both frustrating and serious issues if they continue to be sure. However, that was Marsh's guy. He was supposed to flash to the flats
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFL_Announcer


Joined: 01 Apr 2010
Posts: 908
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle played a very strange offense today. EXTREMELY conservative, and then the Wilson injury happened and it naturally got a little worse.

Think Seattle thought they matched up VERY well against the Dolphins but Miami has a very solid front 7 in terms of pass rush and Suh is definitely not a slouch in any aspect of the game. Think it caught Seattle more off guard then they thought.


Hopefully this is a big wake up call for Seattle. Tannenhill/Stills could've roasted us big time early on. Lucky to get away with one there. Defense outside of a couple passes looked good. Offense needs to open up more... One thing that drives me nuts about Bevell is the ultra conservative playcalling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7053
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game so I missed a couple of things noted on television. You couldn't really tell that Russell was seriously hurt being there, so I didn't realize what a gritty performance it was.

As others have noted, Earl looked horrendous. His play with the ball in flight on the Stills drop was lackadaisical and lucky as hell. He looked like he was shying away from contact. I really don't get it. I understand and 100% agree that he is generally overrated, but this game was probably an all-time low for him. What happened to the guy who was sideline to sideline like a heat-seeking missile? Where's the guy who plays disciplined in his responsibilities?

DeShawn Shead was phenomenal, and I just heard he was PFF's #1 ranked CB for Week 1. Kid looks like a bulldog out there. Jeremy Lane was also excellent. I can see why the coaching staff has been raving about this CB group.

Doug is in for a big year. The chemistry between he and Russ is just insane.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I was at the game so I missed a couple of things noted on television. You couldn't really tell that Russell was seriously hurt being there, so I didn't realize what a gritty performance it was.

As others have noted, Earl looked horrendous. His play with the ball in flight on the Stills drop was lackadaisical and lucky as hell. He looked like he was shying away from contact. I really don't get it. I understand and 100% agree that he is generally overrated, but this game was probably an all-time low for him. What happened to the guy who was sideline to sideline like a heat-seeking missile? Where's the guy who plays disciplined in his responsibilities?

DeShawn Shead was phenomenal, and I just heard he was PFF's #1 ranked CB for Week 1. Kid looks like a bulldog out there. Jeremy Lane was also excellent. I can see why the coaching staff has been raving about this CB group.

Doug is in for a big year. The chemistry between he and Russ is just insane.
Yeah this year's top 3 CBs looked REALLY good. Marsh was great on special teams and showed more as a pass rusher than I was expecting

His strip sack at the end was heroic

I also think it is worth noting that while Reed wasn't an amazing pass rusher, he batted down two balls. If he keeps that skill up he'll be very valuable on passing downs
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group