Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Miami Dolphins (0-0) @ Seattle Seahawks (0-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Week 1: Miami Dolphins (0-0) @ Seattle Seahawks (0-0) Reply with quote

So yea, that should pretty much summarize my thoughts on this game.

In all seriousness, let's take a look at the 3 burning matchups of this game.

Seahawks OL vs Dolphins DL

With the new reports of Germain Ifedi suffering a high ankle sprain, the attention will turn to the highest paid linemen on the team (seriously) in J'Marcus Webb. Fortunately, this is exactly why you kept Webb over Evans. At the very least, he provides a big body and starters experience at both right guard and tackle. To be completely honest, I don't anticipate too much of a drop off from Ifedi to Webb. Both are poor interior pass blockers who can maul guys in the run game when they get their hands on them. The problem here is the Dolphins are stacked with names on the DLine. Our rag-tag group of linemen will be responsible for slowing down Mario Williams, Cameron Wake, Ndamukong Suh, and Jason Jones.

If there's anything working in our favor, it's that we know exactly how this DLine will play us, with their ears pinned back and chasing the QB. Mario Williams was recently quoted as saying "Youíre giving us the green light. So you go. We donít have any other responsibilities, really, just go". I think this will really play into our hands as a zone blocking team that can gameplan against that relatively reckless style of play.

Seahawks RBs vs Dolphins Front 7

This becomes a little repetitive, but it will be incredibly important for the OL and RBs to win on 1st and 2nd downs so we don't allow those aforementioned Miami pass rushers to "just go". Can't run the ball? The OLine will have a long day trying to protect Russ on 3rd down. It sounds like Rawls will be on a very limited pitch count, so this will be a great game to use as a measuring stick for CMike's development. It'll be his offense on Sunday...can he make a statement?

Dolphins Short-Passing Game vs Seahawks DBs/LBs

I wanted to specify this as Richard Sherman vs Jarvis Landry, but quite frankly we don't know if Sherman will play a shadow role this weekend. With the this pass rush has looked and the way Gase runs his offense, it will be critical that we shut down the short passing game. And that doesn't necessarily mean batting balls and forcing incompletions. A lot of that comes down to efficient tackling when someone has the ball. The weather is expected to be sunny with partial clouds, so weather should not hurt us. None of the Dolphins passing options scare you (Jarvis Landry is great, but not against this secondary), so the focus should be on pursuit and tackling.

Let's discuss.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw some improvement in pass pro from Ifedi over the past 4 weeks. It's so frustrating to have him go down right now

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I thought I saw some improvement in pass pro from Ifedi over the past 4 weeks. It's so frustrating to have him go down right now

Agreed. I really wanted to see this unit gel over the season. As far as Week 1 is concerned, I don't think it's a big drop off.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see OP didn't include the picture of Tannehill picking his nose. The Brandon Fields GIF is a great one though Laughing

Hoping for a good game and no injuries. I predicted a Seattle win, I just don't think Miami has the LBers or DBs to prevent Seattle from scoring 27+, and I can't see Miami keeping up offensively in the first game of the season with a new coach / system and in a tough environment.

Dolphins only hope is if they get 5+ sacks and can squeak out a victory.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Arian Foster doesn't worry me at all. I just don't think the Miami offense has the fire power to keep up with our offense.

I think we'll start slow out of the gates on offense, with a "wtf" halftime score of 6-0.

Come out of halftime and put up 14 in the 3rd quarter, with another field goal in the 4th.

23-10 is my prediction.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Agreed. I really wanted to see this unit gel over the season. As far as Week 1 is concerned, I don't think it's a big drop off.
Agreed. I imagine Dolphins get a TD before we do and we turn it on. I want to see how Maxwell plays against us

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Agreed. I imagine Dolphins get a TD before we do and we turn it on. I want to see how Maxwell plays against us

I have to imagine he struggles. I hope we test him. He was always better against the bigger, physical receivers. I think our small guys make him look silly.

And then there's Xavien Howard Laughing
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for Maxwell to suck this year and get cut so we can bring him in on the cheap

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Waiting for Maxwell to suck this year and get cut so we can bring him in on the cheap

He's no Tharold Simon.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

He's no Tharold Simon.
Laughing He was last year

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you find out you're going to the game.

ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up Seahawks fans.

Man, as a lifelong Dolphins fan, this game has me torn. I am a huge Russell Wilson fan, in fact my entire family will watch Seahawks games when the Phins aren't playing. Plus, I live in Montana, which is Seahawks country.

The Dolphins forum is full of shel lshocked, mentally abused fans recovering from the milk toast Joe Philbum era. I however am pumped up about this game. So I'm just gonna discuss this game with my peeps from Washington.

This game has shaped up to be a perfect matchup, for both teams. Each team right now has the perfect weakness for the other. This is how I see this match up.

Phins D-line vs Hawks O-line.
As was stated earlier, Miami will be running an entirely new D this year. This is how it is broken down. The D-line, pre-snap will pick which gap they are going to shoot. They can pick inside, or outside based on what they see. The D-line is given full control of themselves. Once the ball is snapped, they own their gap and the linebackers are responsible to read where the line is going, and then control the open gaps. This is why Mario, Suh, and Wake really like this D. They control their own fate. If they see a RG for instance struggling, they can choose to keep shooting his gap, they don't have to ask for permission. This doesn't mean they are going to just go crazy and forget the run. They however will play forward every play. They don't have to worry about covering screens or TE's. I think this gives Miami an advantage. This defense is based on forcing short passes by getting pressure on the QB.

Phins O-line vs. Hawks D-line.
The Phins, for the first time I can remember, have a decent O-line. Even if Pouncey misses the game, Anthony Steen has played very well the last 2 weeks, and has been going against Suh everyday. On the edges we have 2 very good tackles. And finally, we have 2 very good guards. The Hawks are going to bring pressure, and you guys will get some sacks, but I think that the Phins O-line will be able to hold their own

Phins offense.
Our offense is based on a death of a thousand cuts. We will run no huddle the entire game, with no substitutions. Whoever starts the series will be in there the entire series. Any substitutions will be planned in advance and will be quick. We will run a short passing offense, with most throws inside of 10 yards. RB's and TE's will get a ton of targets. Every 10 or so plays, we will take a shot deep, but don't be surprised if that pass is to a RB, not a WR. Gase wants to attack the LB's in pass coverage, not the CB's. Running plays will be off-tackle and from the inside out. There won't be allot of running behind the Center. Tannehill has the option to run on every play. Everyone of the RB's and WR's are shifty. The Hawks have struggled against this type of offense. In fact, the strength of the Hawks D has been to overpower, and wear down opposing teams. So this is a great matchup.

Phins D.
With the exception of the D-line, our defense is based on speed, not power. Our LBers are quick, our secondary is small and fast with the exception of Maxwell. Maxwell will be tasked with covering Baldwin. He will have Safety help over the top. The way to beat the Miami D is to run right at them and overpower them. If you can do that, you will be able to get 3 yards a rush, and keep the chains moving. The other problem Miami has is covering massive TE's on short routes. This is what the Hawks need to do. However, if they try to get cute and throw slant passes constantly and screens, you will get in trouble fast. All of the Phins CB's have great hands. If the pass is off, they will get the INT. Our D-line has speed so they are good at running down RB's and QB's.

I think this is going to be a great game, and it will be very close. I think that both the Phins and the Hawks are going to score multiple touchdowns, and the game will come down to who makes the last mistake in the 4th. Because I am a Dolphins fan, of course I am going to pick Miami. I don't like predicting scores but I think both teams will score in the 20's.

The Hawks could win, but either way this is going to be a joy to watch.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Graham will play

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really anxious for this.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
When you find out you're going to the game.

Nice man! It's going to be buzzing week 1. Are you in the endzone or sideline?

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: