Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan77733

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's opinion on Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron?
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan77733 wrote:
What's everyone's opinion on Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron?

If he's on the field, you're in trouble

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys I'd like to bring in, or at least make a run at:
Chance Warmack
Dontari Poe - Depending on his back
Robert Woods
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alex Okafor

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
The guys I'd like to bring in, or at least make a run at:
Chance Warmack
Dontari Poe - Depending on his back
Robert Woods
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alex Okafor

I wouldn't mind this list at all as it covers some of our need areas but in my mind with the cap space we have and the roster that we have we should be looking to add above average to good players, I feel like some of those guys in that list are more depth/rotational players than actual upgrades over what we have.

I would love to see some big names added, maybe something like :

- Alshon Jeffery, WR
- Andrew Whitworth, RT
- Joe Hawley, C
- Ian Williams, NT
- Melvin Ingram, OLB
- AJ Klein, ILB
- Eric Berry, SS

I realize these players actually have to want to come to us but money has a very large influence when talking in millions. Some very good players in Jeffery and Berry offer immediate upgrades and are looking for a long term contract after both being franchised, still young enough to be apart of our turn around and rebuilding effort as well and could be big contributors to our come back to relevance and recognized as such. Whitworth on the downside of his career would push and probably start over a Trent Brown. Hawley played very well for the Bucs this year and would add a level of get and nastiness our team as lacked for some time. In Ingram and Klein we get two guys who have been in the league for a while, know the drill and I think have some good years in front of them, I also see both these positions being addressed in the draft too for a complete make over at both positions. I'd like see Williams brought back in too just as a show of good faith to our players that when they perform well we will take care of them, even with the mishap that was last offseason.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to grab Melvin Ingram (pipe dream), Brandon Williams, Kevin Minter, Larry Warford, and the best WR we can manage to sign

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Would love to grab Melvin Ingram (pipe dream), Brandon Williams, Kevin Minter, Larry Warford, and the best WR we can manage to sign

That last part is going to be tough. I know everyone has desired Jeffery all year (me as well), but I still have my doubts that he'd be available. Aside from that, it might be hard to attract a WR without any sort of answer at QB, which is the position we'll likely be in. I think Torrey Smith would act as a cautionary tale for any free agents.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two FAs that I just read some news about are Tyrod Taylor and Rick Wagner and it would appear both their respective teams are ready to move on from them this offseason. The Bills, if rumors are to be trusted even the slightest, like Deshaun Watson a lot and with the benching of Tyrod Taylor, I know he needed hernia surgery but I believe the benching came before news of the surgery, are not willing to pick up a huge signing bonus/roster bonus whatever it is that is owed Taylor if still on the team. This is probably my favorite route of addressing our QB need as Garoppolo might be too pricey draft pick wise for us to pay since we need every pick we can get, especially early ones. With Wagner he is just finishing his rookie contract and has been a stud RT pretty much since entering the league. He has graded out as the top pass pro RT for a couple years I believe and would secure that position until Stanley retires where he might be able to flip sides for us. With the cap going up, the room we have montetary wise and the starting situation they'd be walking into I don't see why we shouldn't throw some big numbers at both of them.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Two FAs that I just read some news about are Tyrod Taylor and Rick Wagner and it would appear both their respective teams are ready to move on from them this offseason. The Bills, if rumors are to be trusted even the slightest, like Deshaun Watson a lot and with the benching of Tyrod Taylor, I know he needed hernia surgery but I believe the benching came before news of the surgery, are not willing to pick up a huge signing bonus/roster bonus whatever it is that is owed Taylor if still on the team. This is probably my favorite route of addressing our QB need as Garoppolo might be too pricey draft pick wise for us to pay since we need every pick we can get, especially early ones. With Wagner he is just finishing his rookie contract and has been a stud RT pretty much since entering the league. He has graded out as the top pass pro RT for a couple years I believe and would secure that position until Stanley retires where he might be able to flip sides for us. With the cap going up, the room we have montetary wise and the starting situation they'd be walking into I don't see why we shouldn't throw some big numbers at both of them.

I'm okay with going after Taylor if he hits the market because of the reasons you listed. I also like Wagner, but I'd rather address other spots. I'm okay with giving Trent Brown another year with a better coach. Great players said great things about him in the preseason. If we're going to address the line - I'd prefer the interior. That said, if the new GM/HC wants Wagner, I like the player a lot.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is me pounding the table for Taylor as our QB.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

I'm okay with going after Taylor if he hits the market because of the reasons you listed. I also like Wagner, but I'd rather address other spots. I'm okay with giving Trent Brown another year with a better coach. Great players said great things about him in the preseason. If we're going to address the line - I'd prefer the interior. That said, if the new GM/HC wants Wagner, I like the player a lot.

I agree with that 100%, I think Beadles is average and while I believe Garnett will improve he was very disappointing. I'd love to see a C who could maybe better the two to immediate left and right.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

I agree with that 100%, I think Beadles is average and while I believe Garnett will improve he was very disappointing. I'd love to see a C who could maybe better the two to immediate left and right.

That's the thing I hate about evaluating a guard's performance, it's that if he has a bad center next to him, it's not always his fault. And when I say evaluating, I don't mean I actually evaluate them, because I don't watch a lot of line play, not really my focus or strength. Often in hindsight, you realize a guard had to compensate for a bad center. Or a center for a bad guard. I don't know if that's the case with Garnett, I really haven't watched him that much. But a very good or great center wouldn't be a luxury, and might improve the line more than an equally talented guard with the same level of center play we currently have.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Brown according to PFF finished as our best pass protector and that's what the eye test showed. The question with him is going to be if he will ever become a decent run blocker. If he's just a good pass protector and garbage run blocker that won't cut it. If he's a great pass protector (which he could become), and okay run blocker then you could live with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Trent Brown according to PFF finished as our best pass protector and that's what the eye test showed. The question with him is going to be if he will ever become a decent run blocker. If he's just a good pass protector and garbage run blocker that won't cut it. If he's a great pass protector (which he could become), and okay run blocker then you could live with that.

Didn't know that at all, thanks J. Very surprising that a man that large has a hard to time run blocking and pushing people around but maybe it was scheme that hurt his run blocking. It's gotta be hard moving around quickly at that size, he may better suited for more of a mauling scheme or block the man over you or somewhere close to in front of you.

One thing I am looking forward to with the potential hire of Shannahan/McDaniels is the use of a FB in both offenses. Develin for the Patriots and DiMarco for the Falcons were used quite often.

Last edited by Fureys49ers on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Well, if we become a more aggressively passing team, his value to us might increase a whole lot. And it was his full year starting, and I really didn't like Chip's blocking scheme. Maybe he'll improve in another one.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Cossell has actually talked about Brown a lot. He's of the opinion he can be a really good right tackle but will have problems on the left side with speedier guys, even at his best. He also says that most of our offensive line was playing out of position in the ZBS. He personally feels that Brown would do fine in a gap scheme where there's less movement and more just firing off the ball. Hard to disagree with him, when I've watched Brown, whenever he's managed to get his hands and stay in front of someone, he stone walls them.

xsaMainevent on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: