Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quote:
Field Yates ✔ @FieldYates
Most cap space remaining, per official NFL accounting:
49ers: $73.9M
Browns: $61.4M
Jaguars: $47.0M
Titans: $42.3M
Raiders: $41.6M

So, with that much cap space, do we extend some of our upcoming FAs, or are they all mostly crap?

Tramaine Brock?
Eric Reid?
Aaron Lynch?
Carlos Hyde?
Dontae Johnson?
Daniel Kilgore?
Keith Reaser and Tank Carradine?

Maybe they'll want to see how they do this season before offering any of them and extension. I expect most of those guys to be gone by the start of the 2018 season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quote:
Field Yates ✔ @FieldYates
Most cap space remaining, per official NFL accounting:
49ers: $73.9M
Browns: $61.4M
Jaguars: $47.0M
Titans: $42.3M
Raiders: $41.6M

So, with that much cap space, do we extend some of our upcoming FAs, or are they all mostly crap?

Tramaine Brock?
Eric Reid?
Aaron Lynch?
Carlos Hyde?
Dontae Johnson?
Daniel Kilgore?
Keith Reaser and Tank Carradine?

Maybe they'll want to see how they do this season before offering any of them and extension. I expect most of those guys to be gone by the start of the 2018 season.

Johnson, Reaser and Carradine I'm fine with letting go. Obviously if they ball out this year, we look at it then, but I would have no plans for an extension for those three right now. Kilgore I'm fine with letting go as well.

Hyde is the best player out of that bunch, but I've said a bunch of times that I don't know that he's the type that you give a second contract to. That being said, given the supply / demand on running backs right now, and being able to get them reasonably cheap, it may be possible to get him on something like a 2 year 9 million dollar deal, and I'd be okay with that.

Brock would be the guy I'm most inclined to extend. Wouldn't be super expensive, but he's also a capable cornerback still. I think you could give him a 3 year extension and he'd play considerable snaps for 3 of the 4 next years.

Lynch I'm down on. I don't know where he fits in the scheme, and I've never though that he was a double digits sack guy. I'd probably look at a trade possibility this year before an extension. If I can't find one, I think I have to let it ride out.

I know some people aren't huge on Reid. I think he's an average safety for the most part. If we re-signed him, I wouldn't be super shocked, nor would I hate it. I think he's one that you can start thinking about, but kind of delay until the season gets going to see how he is playing, then maybe hammer one out during the season if his play warrants it.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings sign Datone Jones. I know that a lot of people were high on him when he was coming into the league. Would have been an interesting flier to take on a buy low deal.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Vikings sign Datone Jones. I know that a lot of people were high on him when he was coming into the league. Would have been an interesting flier to take on a buy low deal.

I sure was. Can't say I paid enough attention to know why he didn't do so well with GB. I don't get my draft-guru-feelings hurt though. Win some, lose some.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Looks like Poe definitely won't be a chief. They are signing Bennie Logan.

Last I heard, Poe visited the Jags and will visit the Falcons

Trust me, you don't want to pay Poe the big money contract. He's just been below average the last two seasons. Maybe it's the back issues... maybe not. No one can say for sure.. except maybe Poe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Come to the 49ers, Jamaal....we can give you a straight split with Hyde, and lets be honest, Hyde isn't playing 16 games, so you'll have opportunities to be the feature back in some games Laughing

No idea if his legs will hold up, but I'd love to see JC play for SF, and split those snaps with Hyde. Sign that incentive-heavy contract. Jamaal!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Poe's back issues are a red flag for me, those arent the types of players you want to commit long term to.

Jamaal Charles would be fun to see, but I dont really see him wanting to sign with a "rebuilding team" at this point in his career.

I really wish we get into the Hightower bid, thats a big fish that we may have the most enticing offer available for.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Yea Poe's back issues are a red flag for me, those arent the types of players you want to commit long term to.

Jamaal Charles would be fun to see, but I dont really see him wanting to sign with a "rebuilding team" at this point in his career.

I really wish we get into the Hightower bid, thats a big fish that we may have the most enticing offer available for.

Poe is only looking for a one year deal anyway. I'd give it to him, see if he can re-establish value, and then maybe get a 3/4 comp pick for him at worse.

I'm surprised that we aren't even mentioned with Hightower and don't appear to have made any play for him. Looks like Steelers and Pats are the favorites. Also heard that the Jets are still on him, which strikes me as a little odd

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Poe is only looking for a one year deal anyway. I'd give it to him, see if he can re-establish value, and then maybe get a 3/4 comp pick for him at worse.

I'm surprised that we aren't even mentioned with Hightower and don't appear to have made any play for him. Looks like Steelers and Pats are the favorites. Also heard that the Jets are still on him, which strikes me as a little odd

I read that he left Pittsburg without agreeing to a deal so their offer is off the table. Maybe its an East Coast thing wanting to stay in that area/not wanting the taxes/mafia threats?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I read that he left Pittsburg without agreeing to a deal so their offer is off the table. Maybe its an East Coast thing wanting to stay in that area/not wanting the taxes/mafia threats?

I saw that too, which I thought was pretty funny. Schefty's most recent tweet said that they were still in talks though.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens released C Jeremy Zuttah.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we done already in free agency? Not hearing anything about us meeting with anyone any more.

Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hightower returning to Pats per Schefty

Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Ravens released C Jeremy Zuttah.

Not so fast Laughing

Quote:
MarkMaske ✔ @MarkMaske
Ravens trade center Jeremy Zuttah to 49ers. Teams exchange 6th-round picks.

We like to acquire Raven centers.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens fans hate him while PFF had a solid grade on him Laughing.

At the very least it gives Kilgore competition.

El ramster on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: