Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: 2017 Free Agents Reply with quote

Just to finish the sticky makeover and get everyone acclimated to the new look as we progress through the season Laughing

Here are our upcoming free agents:

Andrew Tiller (ERFA)
Mike Purcell (ERFA)
Marcus Cromartie (ERFA)
Chris Davis (RFA)
Phil Dawson
Thaddeus Lewis
Blaine Gabbert
Jeremy Kerley
Nick Bellore
Rod Streater
Glenn Dorsey
Christian Ponder
Shaun Draughn
Quinton Patton
Gerald Hodges
Vance McDonald
Ray-Ray Armstrong
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Michael Wilhoite
Ian Williams

Who should we keep?

For me, Tiller is an easy 'yes.' We have exclusive negotiating rights with him, so there's no reason to not sign him for another year and keep our depth solid. He could also be trade bait for a team in need. Purcell, Cromartie, and Davis are also likely going to be resigned for the fact that they are either Exclusive Rights or Restricted.

From there - I'll be sad to see Dawson go, but it's probably time. Otherwise, I'd resign Bellore (ST, at least), run away from Wilhoite, Jerod-Eddie, Thad Lewis, and Patton, and then take a wait-and-see approach to all the others this year.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597

Last edited by y2lamanaki on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiller is a given, Bellore possibly, same with Cromartie/Davis, and depending on how Ray-Ray Armstrong does this year.

Still wouldn't mind giving Ian Williams a one year deal hoping he could get healthy for next year.

El ramster on the sig
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Free Agents Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Just to finish the sticky makeover and get everyone acclimated to the new look as we progress through the season Laughing

Andrew Tiller (ERFA)
Mike Purcell (ERFA)
Marcus Cromartie (ERFA)
Chris Davis (RFA)
Blaine Gabbert
Jeremy Kerley*
Nick Bellore*
Quinton Patton*
Vance McDonald
Michael Wilhoite*
Ian Williams

Who should we keep?

*= Depends on 2016 performance

Then in the off-season as far as other team's players bring the brinks truck to the best possible WR that is available and not tagged. Also try to add an OLB since we will have a butt ton of cap space. Then if Gabbert doesn't play well and Kaep doesn't pan out either let both walk, sign a vet QB to groom whoever is drafted, and pick either Watson or Kaaya.

If Gabbert plays well enough to keep as the starter and we want to build a team for whoever is the next QBOTF then re-up Gabbert. Sign the best possible WR still. Then draft either Williams at WR or Garrett at OLB via trade down to get even more picks.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Free Agents Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

Andrew Tiller (ERFA)
Mike Purcell (ERFA)
Marcus Cromartie (ERFA)
Chris Davis (RFA)
Phil Dawson
Thaddeus Lewis
Blaine Gabbert
Jeremy Kerley
Nick Bellore
Rod Streater
Glenn Dorsey
Christian Ponder
Shaun Draughn
Quinton Patton
Gerald Hodges
Vance McDonald
Ray-Ray Armstrong
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Michael Wilhoite
Ian Williams

Who should we keep?

For me, Tiller is an easy 'yes.' We have exclusive negotiating rights with him, so there's no reason to not sign him for another year and keep our depth solid. He could also be trade bait for a team in need. Purcell, Cromartie, and Davis are also likely going to be resigned for the fact that they are either Exclusive Rights or Restricted.

From there - I'll be sad to see Dawson go, but it's probably time. Otherwise, I'd resign Bellore (ST, at least), run away from Wilhoite, Jerod-Eddie, Thad Lewis, and Patton, and then take a wait-and-see approach to all the others this year.

Depending on how the QB situation shakes out this season either Gabbert or Ponder, and conceivably both, could be on the list to resign. Other than that I've been hoping for 3 years now that McDonald puts it all together. He shows flashes - all too infrequent and all too often mixed with enough bad plays to not feel he's a keeper. But maybe this year will change my mind. We actually don't have much at that position. So I'm really hoping this is the year he puts it all together. And you've got probably our number 2, 3 and 4 WRs on the list. I imagine we'll be re-signing at least one of them. Not saying I like that, just that it's hard to see us letting them all go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Free Agents Reply with quote

Andrew Tiller (ERFA) - yes
Mike Purcell (ERFA) - yes
Marcus Cromartie (ERFA) - yes
Chris Davis (RFA) - no
Phil Dawson - no
Thaddeus Lewis - no
Blaine Gabbert - depends on if he starts the entire season and earns an extension...with that said, if we re-sign him, it should be a two year deal at the most
Jeremy Kerley - no
Nick Bellore - no
Rod Streater - no
Glenn Dorsey - no
Christian Ponder - no
Shaun Draughn - no
Quinton Patton - no
Gerald Hodges - no
Vance McDonald - depends on how he does this season
Ray-Ray Armstrong - no
Tony Jerod-Eddie - no
Michael Wilhoite - no
Ian Williams - yes, should try to extend him once the season ends as he should come very cheap for a multi-year deal
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be honest. If Kerley plays well enough in the slot this season that might push Ellington out the door.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Let's be honest. If Kerley plays well enough in the slot this season that might push Ellington out the door.

Ellington doesn't need the help out the door...he's hasn't really made it IN the door! He sticks his head in every now and then and disappears.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause. Draftday1:Garrett/Thomas,tradedown:McCaffrey,Cunningham,Watt 2-Bolles,Engram,Kupp,Mixon,Westbrook 3-Switzer,Godwin,Perine,Jordan Evans
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at this list and the lack of relative talent on it is the very definition of proof of Baalke's incompetence. We are beyond the "burden of persuasion" and it establishes guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Ugh...
My initial inclination was to look for UFA's from other teams next year only to
be further deflated recognizing that he will not sign any of the one's we would want.
And this coming from a former signature member of the "In Baalke we trust" club.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say keep an eye on Alshon Jeffery but I don't think Baalke will be willing to spend nearly what it will take to get him

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Free Agents Reply with quote

dan77733 wrote:
Andrew Tiller (ERFA) - yes
Mike Purcell (ERFA) - yes
Marcus Cromartie (ERFA) - yes
Chris Davis (RFA) - no
Phil Dawson - no
Thaddeus Lewis - no
Blaine Gabbert - depends on if he starts the entire season and earns an extension...with that said, if we re-sign him, it should be a two year deal at the most
Jeremy Kerley - no
Nick Bellore - no
Rod Streater - no
Glenn Dorsey - no
Christian Ponder - no
Shaun Draughn - no
Quinton Patton - no
Gerald Hodges - no
Vance McDonald - depends on how he does this season
Ray-Ray Armstrong - no
Tony Jerod-Eddie - no
Michael Wilhoite - no
Ian Williams - yes, should try to extend him once the season ends as he should come very cheap for a multi-year deal

Wow.... This is exactly what I was thinking aside from Ian Williams. I think he will have a deal on the table midway through the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
I'd say keep an eye on Alshon Jeffery but I don't think Baalke will be willing to spend nearly what it will take to get him

Can you blame him? I mean, we only have like 60 million in cap space...we need that for the 6th and 7th round picks we make.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

Can you blame him? I mean, we only have like 60 million in cap space...we need that for the 6th and 7th round picks we make.

Would be funny if not true hopefully Baalke is gone and we make some moves like Jeffrey. I have a sneaky feeling Vance will have a breakout season for us. Tiller is also a given and may be better than Garnett at Guard which is saying a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Forge wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

Would be funny if not true hopefully Baalke is gone and we make some moves like Jeffrey. I have a sneaky feeling Vance will have a breakout season for us. Tiller is also a given and may be better than Garnett at Guard which is saying a lot.

So I am not the only one?! Excellent. Ever since he ran over Sherman, I held out hope this guy would do something for us...I hope it is this year.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause. Draftday1:Garrett/Thomas,tradedown:McCaffrey,Cunningham,Watt 2-Bolles,Engram,Kupp,Mixon,Westbrook 3-Switzer,Godwin,Perine,Jordan Evans
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've been calling for Vance breaking out damn near every year he's been in the league Laughing.

But this season is HIS time.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Hey, I've been calling for Vance breaking out damn near every year he's been in the league Laughing.

But this season is HIS time.

I don't think he'll "break out" as like a top tight end....but I do think he'll have a good year by default because Gabbert will throw to him, Celek and the running backs a whole ton.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: