Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab Bouye/Gillmore/Amukamara, try to land a guy like Tony Jefferson to replace Cyp, grab a OG, then get the usual depth/upside signings and call it a day.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks the JPP was tagged but it is was it is only players worth a look are the DBs I see Colvin and Jefferson have been corresponding on twitter. Hopefully Jefferson and a serviceable 2nd DB and a solid OG.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwll, according to the rumor mill we are in on Martellus Bennett along with OAK. Davon House is getting cut in next few days and Marks is gettimg shopped now.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Wwll, according to the rumor mill we are in on Martellus Bennett along with OAK. Davon House is getting cut in next few days and Marks is gettimg shopped now.

Wonder what we could get for Marks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Wonder what we could get for Marks

MAYBE a conditional 7th.

He'll likely end up getting cut ust like whats happening with House.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we are gonna go hard after Bouye (plz) and Zeitler (plz).

^^el ramster^^
VLoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't get one of Zeitler or Warford, we screwed this offseason. We need a starter on the OLine from this FA class.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I feel like we are gonna go hard after Bouye (plz) and Zeitler (plz).
Really hope we can land both. Expecting to get consolation prizes with both though.

Live life like you're down 3-1
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
If we don't get one of Zeitler or Warford, we screwed this offseason. We need a starter on the OLine from this FA class.

TJ Lang, Ronald Leary?

We definitely better open up the checkbook and do whatever we can for Zeitler, but theres so many teams with tons of cap.and similar needs. Going to just have to hope their agents push them to JAX due to no state income tax.

Getting Zeitler AND Bouye would be amazing, but they are arguably the best two FAs on market. Think its a bit ridiculous to expect it, but I sure would love it.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still would be cool to bring Prince back, but I think considering he hasnt gotten locked up its obvious we want to upgrade a bit. We probably are wanting someone who forces more turnovers and make plays on the ball too. With Fewell coming in, you know that'll be stressed.

El Ramster on the sig
VLoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
VLoo wrote:

TJ Lang, Ronald Leary?

We definitely better open up the checkbook and do whatever we can for Zeitler, but theres so many teams with tons of cap.and similar needs. Going to just have to hope their agents push them to JAX due to no state income tax.

Getting Zeitler AND Bouye would be amazing, but they are arguably the best two FAs on market. Think its a bit ridiculous to expect it, but I sure would love it.

I forgot about Leary. Also him. Lang is a touch older than I'd prefer and it also seems like Broncos are going hard after him, and another team I'm forgetting. Saw Rapsheet or someone similar said they were the front runners

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
VLoo wrote:

TJ Lang, Ronald Leary?

I think the whole taxes thing can be a nice icing on the cake to an offer, for a guy who actually wants to come be a part of something in Jacksonville. But i can't help but feel it's been part of our mostly terrible run of big ticket FAs who seem to choose the team less because of fit and interest, and more because they're just looking to cash in big. So you get the whole "vacation" mentality.

I'm not sure how many more FAs i want agents pushing toward the Jaguars who don't actually seem to care about being here, just for the tax benefits.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
VLoo wrote:

TJ Lang, Ronald Leary?

I think the whole taxes thing can be a nice icing on the cake to an offer, for a guy who actually wants to come be a part of something in Jacksonville. But i can't help but feel it's been part of our mostly terrible run of big ticket FAs who seem to choose the team less because of fit and interest, and more because they're just looking to cash in big. So you get the whole "vacation" mentality.

I'm not sure how many more FAs i want agents pushing toward the Jaguars who don't actually seem to care about being here, just for the tax benefits.

I feel like that has been the case less and less recently though. Beachum definitely seemed to really want to win and care about it here. Malik obviously does and was a beast for us. Prince came here on a 1 yr deal due to fit in the scheme. Odrick certainly cared, but his personality must not have meshed with TC and co., Marks, etc.

With Tom Coughlin being here (along with Marrone), who are both hard nosed tough guys, I see it just being a lesser and lesser thing.

Sure, you have guys like Julius Thomas and Hugh Douglas, but there were questions about guys like that before. I don't think any 25-27 yr old guys who are getting their first big contract/have a lot of football left are going to do that.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With letting go of House, Prince "testing the market", etc. we are now down to Ramsey/Colvin/Johnson at CB.

I don't see there being anyway we don't come away with Bouye/Logan Ryan/Dre Kirkpatrick or some other CB. Worst case we get Prince back who is a solid #2 corner and pick up a CB in the draft (it's absolutely loaded). I think our CB group looks much better next year either way.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two seasons we have come away with a top 3-5 FA in total. Each were at the top of their positions.

I see no way we don't end up with at least one of Bouye or a similarly highly touted CB or Zeiter/Warford/Leary. Obviously you prefer the top guy at each spot and I really think we get one of them, but it's too hard to tell when there is so many other teams in on both those guys.

I really hope there's a leak tomorrow like what happened with Malik last year. Can't wait three more days. Got midterms I need to focus on. Laughing

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: