Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars News and Notes
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Jaguars News and Notes Reply with quote

Thought we could use a thread to talk about Jaguars related news during the season.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday's practice just ended and Gus had a few interesting things to say:

1) Blake, Poz, and Tinker are the captains.

2) Myles Jack is now primarily playing weakside linebacker currently. Not sure what that means for Telvin, as the way Myles has looked he definitely needs to be on the field. Telvin has had a rough go at it this preseason but he has a good track record and I hope if we do make a change like this it is just a short term thing until Myles can get things down to eventually take over for Poz in some capacity. We need Telvin AND Myles on the field at the same time.

3) Arthur Brown is primarily going to get/getting work in at OTTO LB. I like Skuta and I think he's solid depth but I really hope Brown can get it turned around here because if he can get going a LB group of Arthur Brown, Myles Jack, and Telvin Smith would definitely excite me quite a bit.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta find a way to have Telvin and Jack on the field at the same time

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
It comes when Jack learns the playbook enough so that they can trust him to be the defensive play caller and take the headset from Poz. Until then, it'll be a struggle to consistently do so.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
It comes when Jack learns the playbook enough so that they can trust him to be the defensive play caller and take the headset from Poz. Until then, it'll be a struggle to consistently do so.

Hopefully that happens eventually.

Problem is getting Jack on the field at the same time as Telvin in the meantime, enough to actually get Jack familiarized and comfortable with the defense, so that he can eventually start taking over those responsibilities.

Gonna be hard to Jack to build up the familiarity and trust of the staff making those calls until he can actually get on the field consistently. Tough to get on the field consistently until he can take the headset from Poz...Catch 22.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Hopefully that happens eventually.

Problem is getting Jack on the field at the same time as Telvin in the meantime, enough to actually get Jack familiarized and comfortable with the defense, so that he can eventually start taking over those responsibilities.

Gonna be hard to Jack to build up the familiarity and trust of the staff making those calls until he can actually get on the field consistently. Tough to get on the field consistently until he can take the headset from Poz...Catch 22.

I know it was preseason, but Jack impressed me quite a bit watching him. That last game subbing in for Telvin at WLB he looked very good. A lot of people don't think it'll happen, but I fully expect Jack to begin stealing snaps from Telvin until he makes the full transition and Poz is out at MLB. There's just no way you can keep a player like him off the field. Speed+Energy on top of his coverage skills and has been VERY physical so far watching him. Our lapses in coverage is what has got this team killed, if Gus and co. are smart this guy will be on the field in most if not all passing situations. If not from the get go, very soon.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tweet from Drew Copley (@DrewASJax) - Todd Wash says they've changed Dante Fowler's stance so that he can get a better jump off the line. #ASJax #Jaguars

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WillZajan asks: Is it time to admit the Jaguars need better pass rush and sign a guy like Greg Hardy?

Quote:
Mike Kaye: The pass rush isn't a total loss, but I understand the panic. Listen, the Jaguars struggled to create pressure during the preseason and Week 1, which isn't a great sign. However, Gus Bradley and Malik Jackson admitted the game plan against Aaron Rodgers was to go into contain mode. Instead of forcing the pass rush and letting Rodgers run all over them, they decided to keep him in the pocket. It's always a "pick your poison" situation against the Packers offense.

Dante Fowler and Yannick Ngakoue had as many sacks as high-profile free agent Olivier Vernon had in Week 1. It happens. You're not going to get a sack every game in the NFL. That said, I thought both played well against the run. I thought Ngakoue had a particularly strong game against the Green Bay running attack.

At this point, you'd better be desperate if you're bringing in a guy like Greg Hardy, who is a public relations issue without even taking the field. Hardy wasn't signed after a workout so the Jaguars clearly weren't blown away by him. After the preseason and just Week 1, I think the Jaguars are still a ways away from being desperate.

The pass rush has a good matchup against the San Diego Chargers in Week 2. Phillip Rivers is more of a pocket quarterback and the contain issues won't really be there. The Baltimore Ravens also feature a pocket quarterback in Joe Flacco. Both of those guys can pick up yards with their feet but they aren't Rodgers. If the defensive line fails to create pressure in those games, then maybe you look elsewhere.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-mailbag-pass-rush-greg-hardy-myles-jack-dante-fowler-win-loss-record/317542137

I definitely want to see what these guys do in future weeks against a guy not named Rodgers. I've seen some gif's guys have posted on twitter and I saw Ngakoue have a nice spin move on Bak on one play and a couple nice bull rushes from Fowler as well. I haven't rewatched the game (I'd like to but time isn't really allowing it) but I'm interested to see these guys come along and what they can do when they aren't trying to contain the QB but go all out rushing him.

It's going to be a struggle at times, but I think the pass rush is going to be better than what people think of it right now.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL 19m19 minutes ago
Overall Jalen Ramsey had a quality debut for #Jaguars He looks like he wants to set a new tone for that defense... And i like it

Quote:
Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL 18m18 minutes ago
Played mostly nickel/slot coverage, snap or two formationed outside to CB.. Better in man coverage than zone.. Held him own most of the day

Quote:
Sent on blitz pressures 3 times.. He was one tugging at AR's jersey on that ridiculous TD throw. Couldn't get home on any but created havoc

Quote:
Ramsey played fiesty, chippy & aggressive. Detached from box so wasn't involved in the run game but was a willing tackler/hitter when needed

Quote:
He was beaten off the release twice in press man coverage - once by Cobb and once by Ty Montgomery but ball didn't go that way.

Quote:
Cobb had separation on Ramsey twice in endzone - both times Rodgers juuuuuust missed him wide. Throws we've seen AR make plenty of times.

Quote:
Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL 10m10 minutes ago
Sheesh.. Bakhtiari vs Ngakoue was a whoopin'! Fowler showed some pop in bullrush, but still developing timing. Welcome to the show, rookies!

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bak was a total beast for GB. Wish I could find the gif but Ngakoue had a killer spin move and almost beat him but he recovered amazingly and kept Ngakoue from getting to ARod.

Good to hear him post the little blurb on Fowler as I noticed that as well. I really want to see these guys this week if what Malik and Gus said were actually true regarding the contain instead of all out rush (which Mike Kaye, Lageman, etc. have said they see on tape I believe).

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really weird how secretive they seem to be about what exactly is/was wrong with Ivory. Confused
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Color Rush jerseys are in stock and now include Bortles, Robinson and Ramsey.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
By the way, Color Rush jerseys are in stock and now include Bortles, Robinson and Ramsey.

Why no link? For us lazy folk? Crying or Very sad

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Jags

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Really weird how secretive they seem to be about what exactly is/was wrong with Ivory. Confused

It's not big deal. The injury was not football related so he excersied his rights to not release his medical information (HIPAA).

My 3 guesses are:

1. Something embarrassing that he would not like to have the entire football world know about.

2. Something serious/minor that he feels he shouldn't have to tell the world about because he's a private person (I don't know him personally).

3. A bad reaction to some drug he took for the calf injury (or any other reason) that caused a bad reaction.

The world will never know. I just hope he gets healthy.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.

Last edited by Jags on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

It's not big deal. The injury was not football related so he excersied his rights to not release his medical information (HIPPA).

My 3 guesses are:

1. Something embarrassing that he would not like to have the entire football world know about.

2. Something serious/minor that he feels he shouldn't have to tell the world about because he's a private person (I don't know him personally).

3. A bad reaction to some drug he took for the calf injury (or any other reason) that caused a bad reaction.

The world will never know. I just hope he gets healthy.

Where's Schefter??? Why isn't he on top of this???!!! I want medical reports. Mad Mad Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: