Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info Thrdô III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan kind of played like he has every other year. I dont think he will ever not have some drops but we knew he would drop balls coming out of college. He is what he is a good second option but not a great first one.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
I have no clue if he wants to continue coaching as he will be 73 years old soon, but Jerry Sullivan who was the Jaguars WR coach is supposed to be really good. He's been coaching WRs since forever (aka 1971).

So, Jags officially let him go.

Quote:
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran
#Jaguars WR coach Jerry Sullivan won't return to staff.

Quote:
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran
Now ex-#Jaguars WR coach Jerry Sullivan. Not retiring, but if this is it: "Football saved me from the streets."

I don't know if he would take a job here though.

Quote:
Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
Sullivan knows there are several WR coaching openings, but said, "It would take a special situation." Will keep home in Jax area. #Jaguars

And, there is another candidate who is a better possibility.

Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
#Eagles have strong interest in #Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal, sources said. He would fit experienced coach that they're looking for.

Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
#Eagles fired WRs coach Greg Lewis yesterday, so Lal would fit that opening if they're able to get him. Lal is a very well respected coach.

Quote:
WRs coach Sanjay Lal has one year remaining on his contract with the Bills, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan. The Bills can block Lal from interviewing for the Eagles' vacant receivers coaching job if they so choose.

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:
Here is what Sammy Watkins said Dec. 29 of Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal, whom the Eagles have expressed interest in interviewing, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan: "That's the one guy I don't want to leave. If he leaves, I don't how my mindset would be, honestly. That's a guy that kind of groomed me into running routes and doing everything the right way. Mentality, both mental and physical. If he leaves, that will hurt. Because that's the guy that kind of helped this whole group form a mentality and shape us into professionals. He gave us the whole script, off the field, on the field. I think it's helping this wide receiver group and helping the players. If he leaves, that will hurt."

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

Jets Nation Inside Camp: Sanjay Lal Mic'd Up

But, it appears that nothing is imminent.

Quote:
Sal Capaccio @SalSports
The Eagles are reportedly interested in Bills WR coach Sanjay Lal. But I'm told there has been no formal request to speak with him as of yet

Last edited by TheRealMcCoy on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProFootballFocus ranked the secondaries around the league and we ended up dead last.......... SURPRISE!!!

Quote:
32. Philadelphia Eagles (30)
Top overall grade: S Malcolm Jenkins, 81.4 (No. 29)

Top coverage grade: S Rodney McLeod, 79.3 (No. 29)

Top run-defense grade: S Malcolm Jenkins, 82.1 (No. 20)

Most snaps: S Malcolm Jenkins, 1,018

To the credit of the Eaglesí safeties, both played better than the Philadelphia secondaryís overall ranking might indicate. However, that shows just how bad the Eaglesí cornerbacks were. All three of the teamís top corners ranked in the top eight for total receiving yards allowed among all defenders in the league. It really wasnít skewed by a seeing a higher volume of as passes, either, as Leodis McKelvin and Jalen Mills ranked first and third, respectively, in yards allowed per snap in coverage. Ron Brooks wasnít much better before he suffered a season-ending injury. Had he played enough snaps to qualify, his overall grade would have also been among the bottom dozen cornerbacks (out of 120 players).
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
ProFootballFocus ranked the secondaries around the league and we ended up dead last.......... SURPRISE!!!

Quote:

To the credit of the Eaglesí safeties, both played better than the Philadelphia secondaryís overall ranking might indicate. However, that shows just how bad the Eaglesí cornerbacks were. All three of the teamís top corners ranked in the top eight for total receiving yards allowed among all defenders in the league. It really wasnít skewed by a seeing a higher volume of as passes, either, as Leodis McKelvin and Jalen Mills ranked first and third, respectively, in yards allowed per snap in coverage. Ron Brooks wasnít much better before he suffered a season-ending injury. Had he played enough snaps to qualify, his overall grade would have also been among the bottom dozen cornerbacks (out of 120 players).

On the bright side, we aren't far off from having a good or even great secondary. If we got a number one quality corner and maybe a depth pick or signing, we would instantly be better all around. The safeties wouldn't have to be covering the slot or helping outside so much. Or at the very least, they can just rotate to one side of the field.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire Lal and trade for Sammy Watkins
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Quote:

/puke

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's news, but posting anyways:
Quote:
One day after firing Greg Lewis, the Eagles reportedly have interest in a candidate to fill the teamís wide receivers coach vacancy. Philadelphia has ďstrong interestĒ in Bills receivers coach Sanjay Lal, according to a report from NFL insider Adam Caplan.
Quote:
Caplan notes Lal fits the Eaglesí desire for a more experienced coach.

Buffalo leading receiver Sammy Watkins thinks very highly of Lal based on their time together.

ďThatís the one guy I donít want to leave,Ē said Watkins, via ESPN. ďIf he leaves, I donít how my mindset would be, honestly. Thatís a guy that kind of groomed me into running routes and doing everything the right way. Mentality, both mental and physical. If he leaves, that will hurt. Because thatís the guy that kind of helped this whole group form a mentality and shape us into professionals. He gave us the whole script, off the field, on the field. I think itís helping this wide receiver group and helping the players. If he leaves, that will hurt.Ē
Quote:
Another interesting Lal connection is that he served as an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach at Cal when impending free agent DeSean Jackson was still in college.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Eagles maybe to hire Bills WR coach Sanjay Lal

reported by Adam Caplan

Wow I got some news in before Phire and TRM

*self hi5
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

Lewis has no one to blame but Agholor, his absent-mindedness is what cost him his job. I'm sure if Lewis was adamant about sitting Nelson down for the remainder of the year I'm sure the decision would ultimately be made upstairs.

Nles is this a joke / taking another pot shot at Agholor or are you actually serious? Every single WR on the roster included J. Matt sucked and or took a step back this year. I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to bash Nelson but giving Matthews a free pass for his Smitty season? DGB? I'm in no way defending how poorly Nelson has played thus far as a Eagle but none of our WR were good. None of them took a step forward. So unless we're using Wentz being a rookie and or they were learning a new offense as a excuse for them, why not Nelson?

The Greg Lewis hire always struck me more as " another person" familiar with and able to help Doug bring the Andy Reid culture to a new team. Rather then actually hiring a real expierenced WR coach to coach up his group. It's not like Greg worked miracles in NO? Not sure who the answer is but anyone should be an upgrade.

They all sucked no doubt, but most of us knew Matthews wasn't anything special, DGB was a win/win (add a WR still on rookie deal with no negative impact, allowed the staff to keep young OL on roster while dealing D. Kelly) and Agholor who's repeated mental mishaps somebody had to be blamed, Howie's fall guy was Lewis.

DGB had a couple blunders but blocking on a screen before the ball is caught, that's a timing issue. If Ertz didn't have those couple games post injury we'd be talking about Justin Peelle and how Ertz hasn't reached his ceiling or why Burton can't see the field.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMatt - Was injured the entire year. Jalen Mills injured him in training camp, and he had nagging issues with his ankle/knee the entire year. Does not excuse drops, but do remember he played hurt.

Nelso Agholor - Drops, drops, drops. Its not that he would just drop passes that are routine, but just like DGB they seemed to come in the most critical moments of the game. Then you add the flag on Ertz touchdown, and his lack of seperation there is reason he is criticized. None the less there is also a reason he was drafted in the first round. While it is doubtful, maybe he can get things turned around.

DGB - Like i said he seems to drop passes in the most critical moments. DGB did however progress though the year. You have to remember that he was barely on the field for most of the year due to learning the offense.

Ertz - The one and only thing I will criticise Ertz on is how he goes to the ground before contact. However after he was heavily criticised for the missed block on a Wentz run he stepped up his game, and it really showed. While he tends to have big games at the end of the year regularely, he was obviosuly playing differently. You also need to remember that Wentz didnt use his Ertz much in the first half of the year. A growing pain of Wentz, plus Ertz was injured for a little while with displaced ribs.

Burton - Im just going to say he needs to be signed. One thing Patriots have always done good with is getting two good tightends who can catch.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Michael Gehlken ‏@sdutGehlken 9 minutes ago
Former Chargers WR Dom Williams signed today with the Eagles. Spent 2016 on practice squad as undrafted rookie from Washington State.

He has good size at 6'2.5" and 200 lbs.

Here is his scouting report from NFL.com

Quote:
PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.39 seconds
Vertical: 40 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.21 seconds
3-cone: 7.02 seconds
Bench: 11 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Linear target with good height and long arms. Four-year contributor who took a step forward each season. Productive touchdown catcher who has a feel near the red zone. Caught 30 touchdown passes in Air Raid offense. Tested off the charts at his pro day with blazing speed and an explosive vertical leap. Able to make good pre-≠catch body adjustments when ball is in the air. Big enough to grind out additional yardage after the catch.

WEAKNESSES Hands aren't trust≠worthy. Had a drop rate of 11.8 percent this season and had 20 drops during his career. Lets throws crowd him. Fights against focus drops on big catch opportunities down the field. Doesn't show much of a plan with his releases against press coverage. Runs sloppy, dull routes that lack crispness to them. Plays at the same speed and unable to create separation through burst and change of speed.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7 or priority free agent

BOTTOM LINE Williams has terrific timed speed, but it doesn't always present itself on tape thanks to issues he has getting into his routes against physical cornerbacks. Williams' pro day results were so impressive that teams might be willing to overlook the poor hands and simply draft him based on his production and traits. At best, Williams has the look of a low-≠end backup.

Trouble against physicality at the LOS? Check

Poor hands? Check

Bad route runner? Check

Sounds like an Eagles receiver iyam...
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Rodak @mikerodak
Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal is interviewing today in Philadelphia for Eagles' WRs coach job, sources tell @caplannfl.

Looks like we could have our new WR coach shortly.
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
Mike Rodak @mikerodak
Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal is interviewing today in Philadelphia for Eagles' WRs coach job, sources tell @caplannfl.

Well that was fast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom Williams biggest weakness his poor hands Laughing
It's almost as if someone is making it up, but this ain't no fantasy. It's the Eagles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
Mike Rodak @mikerodak

Well that was fast.

You sound like all my dates.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 64 of 100

Jump to: