You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info Thrdô III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
So who are we hiring as Greg Lewis replacement? James Thrash? Reggie Brown? Curious.

I heard Doug put in a call to Kevin Curtis

My wife always had a crush on him. I got her a Mrs. Kevin Curtis t-shirt once.

Those existed?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
So who are we hiring as Greg Lewis replacement? James Thrash? Reggie Brown? Curious.

I heard Doug put in a call to Kevin Curtis

My wife always had a crush on him. I got her a Mrs. Kevin Curtis t-shirt once.

Those existed?

Dayum ninja, took my punchline.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles maybe to hire Bills WR coach Sanjay Lal

reported by Adam Caplan
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Eagles maybe to hire Bills WR coach Sanjay Lal

reported by Adam Caplan

Thats a weird report. Not because it isn't true but as a current WR coach in Buffalo it would be a lateral move and also could be blocked by Buffalo.

What incentive does Buffalo have to let him walk and if he's so "highly regarded" and is let go do we actually want him?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with their HC situation in flux, it makes it a wait and see approach.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I think with their HC situation in flux, it makes it a wait and see approach.

That makes sense.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with pretty much everything said in the past two pages.

Lewis was given the short stick for sure. But with that being said, and I have nothing against him, but at some point even if we can't expect to turn poop into gold we need someone who can take that poop and sculpt it into something a little more cognizable.

Our WRs really were a national embarrassment. I saw better WRs in last night's Championship Game than we did on our team at the pro level. Basically any HS player who catches all the balls thrown his way looks better than our receivers.

I think that's why even guys like Chad Johnson who have absolutely no affiliation with our team is offering to help and even talk with our guys before that Bengals game. The group was so bad random former players were offering their services, including Terrell Owens.

These guys were mostly joking but there's truth to the sentiment that our WRs were really helpless. Agholor having to sit a game, DGB not knowing what he's doing, Agholor lining up at the line of scrimmage wrong, Jordan Matthews not taking that step up... These things look bad on the WR coach, especially one with limited experience.

Bring in a veteran who has a proven track record and can be someone the receivers can trust to turn to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Eagles need to buck up and pay for all the WR's on the roster to go to Cris Carter's camp in the offseason. He wasn't a physically gifted player but he knew every trick in the book to get open and being successful, that's someone these guys could learn from.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
I think the Eagles need to buck up and pay for all the WR's on the roster to go to Cris Carter's camp in the offseason. He wasn't a physically gifted player but he knew every trick in the book to get open and being successful, that's someone these guys could learn from.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Lewis was given the short stick for sure. But with that being said, and I have nothing against him, but at some point even if we can't expect to turn poop into gold we need someone who can take that poop and sculpt it into something a little more cognizable.

Our WRs really were a national embarrassment. I saw better WRs in last night's Championship Game than we did on our team at the pro level. Basically any HS player who catches all the balls thrown his way looks better than our receivers.

I think that's why even guys like Chad Johnson who have absolutely no affiliation with our team is offering to help and even talk with our guys before that Bengals game. The group was so bad random former players were offering their services, including Terrell Owens.

These guys were mostly joking but there's truth to the sentiment that our WRs were really helpless. Agholor having to sit a game, DGB not knowing what he's doing, Agholor lining up at the line of scrimmage wrong, Jordan Matthews not taking that step up... These things look bad on the WR coach, especially one with limited experience.

Bring in a veteran who has a proven track record and can be someone the receivers can trust to turn to.

I'd say it is an indictment on Doug Pederson as well, hiring someone that you fire in a year because they are grossly incompetent isn't a good look.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I'd say it is an indictment on Doug Pederson as well, hiring someone that you fire in a year because they are grossly incompetent isn't a good look.

I wonder how well Doug knew Lewis - they weren't both with the Eagles at the same time. I wonder if it was a recommendation from Andy or perhaps even Howie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I wonder how well Doug knew Lewis - they weren't both with the Eagles at the same time. I wonder if it was a recommendation from Andy or perhaps even Howie.

Lewis has no one to blame but Agholor, his absent-mindedness is what cost him his job. I'm sure if Lewis was adamant about sitting Nelson down for the remainder of the year I'm sure the decision would ultimately be made upstairs.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

Are you secretly PFTCommenter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Are you secretly PFTCommenter?

Haha, I have no idea what this means man. Just saying these guys need coaching from a real WR, or at least someone who will command their respect when he's teaching them something.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

Lewis has no one to blame but Agholor, his absent-mindedness is what cost him his job. I'm sure if Lewis was adamant about sitting Nelson down for the remainder of the year I'm sure the decision would ultimately be made upstairs.

Nles is this a joke / taking another pot shot at Agholor or are you actually serious? Every single WR on the roster included J. Matt sucked and or took a step back this year. I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to bash Nelson but giving Matthews a free pass for his Smitty season? DGB? I'm in no way defending how poorly Nelson has played thus far as a Eagle but none of our WR were good. None of them took a step forward. So unless we're using Wentz being a rookie and or they were learning a new offense as a excuse for them, why not Nelson?

The Greg Lewis hire always struck me more as " another person" familiar with and able to help Doug bring the Andy Reid culture to a new team. Rather then actually hiring a real expierenced WR coach to coach up his group. It's not like Greg worked miracles in NO? Not sure who the answer is but anyone should be an upgrade.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 63 of 100

Jump to: