Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info Thrdô III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
We'll find out in 2 days if we really want Alshon, Bouye, etc. In 4 days we'll probably sign one. Ahhhh the offseason.

We probably don't sign either and overpay Pryor or Stills and the forum has a mini meltdown before watching their highlights and trying to incoherently rationalize it after the 8th or 9th beer.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838601205379186689
Quote:
If someone makes a solid offer to #Eagles for backup QB Chase Daniel, I believe they're open to dealing him. Same for WR Jordan Matthews.

Hmmm
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie gonna be dealing this year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838601205379186689
Quote:
If someone makes a solid offer to #Eagles for backup QB Chase Daniel, I believe they're open to dealing him. Same for WR Jordan Matthews.

Hmmm

Howie out here doing Oprah giveaways except with mediocre football players.

Sorry Jordan.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting the next contract of #Browns wideout Terrelle Pryor to land between $10-$12 million per season.

Quote:
I am told #Bears Jeffery is looking for $14 million per. Not sure that will be out there. And there are definitely investment concerns.

Quote:
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting the next free agent contract of #Rams wideout Kenny Britt to land between $6-$8 million per season.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
No to Stills especially if the asking Price is anywhere close to $12M. The object is to try and get Wentz a potential true #1 WR. Kenny Stills will never be that. There's a reason this will be his 3rd team in less then 5 years and the Saints/Dolphins weren't fighting to keep him.

I said he's not a #1 WR? I said I value him at 8-9 million? The Dolphins are trying to keep him?

Just because my post was after "yours" doesn't mean it was directed towards you. No to Stills if the above applies.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting the next contract of #Browns wideout Terrelle Pryor to land between $10-$12 million per season.

Quote:
I am told #Bears Jeffery is looking for $14 million per. Not sure that will be out there. And there are definitely investment concerns.

Quote:
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting the next free agent contract of #Rams wideout Kenny Britt to land between $6-$8 million per season.

I can see alshon getting 14 after brown got 17.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Just because my post was after "yours" doesn't mean it was directed towards you. No to Stills if the above applies.

I was the one who just started talking about Stills and then you came and posted right after, so it seemed like it might've been in response to me.

ninjapirate wrote:
I can see alshon getting 14 after brown got 17.

It only takes one team. I think SF wants him pretty bad, so I could see them meeting his demands as they have the 2nd most cap room after Cleveland.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the camp (probably by myself) that a "2nd tier" WR is still an upgrade over Agholor (or at least create depth) but the most important aspect for the offense is Ginger's development.

Give me a WR in the 3rd-5th round plus 1 or two (in no particular order)

Floyd
Hunter
Woods
Wheaton

We can't start over completely and expect great results.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading JMatt would be a step back. Not ideal.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
Trading JMatt would be a step back. Not ideal.

Depends on what you get from him. If someone is giving us a significant piece or pick than it is worth it. Just trading him just to trade him is not ideal.

If it's anything lower than a 2nd or a starting CB than its not worth it because if we walks next season then they can get a comp pick perhaps.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jroc04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews is run of the mill. He does nothing spectacular and is easily replaced. You guys have watched 3 years of the guy. Have at any point, you said to yourself, "Wow, that was special."? I would hope they wouldn't resign him for big money so might as well move him if someone will give you a good haul.

I will say, he seems like a professional, hard worker and a great teammate. He seems to get on with Carson really well and you shouldn't discount that. However, I wouldn't be opposed to moving on if we got a buildable piece back.

Lazy writers are going to look at his stats and be skeptical of the Eagles trading him but nothing I've seen from his career has impressed me. He gets sheer volume because what else is there?

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews is a solid role player. He'd be a great compliment to a stud WR, you just can't rely on him for consistent performances. Mohamed Sanu has the perfect role for what Matthews should be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Matthews is run of the mill. He does nothing spectacular and is easily replaced. You guys have watched 3 years of the guy. Have at any point, you said to yourself, "Wow, that was special."? I would hope they wouldn't resign him for big money so might as well move him if someone will give you a good haul.

I will say, he seems like a professional, hard worker and a great teammate. He seems to get on with Carson really well and you shouldn't discount that. However, I wouldn't be opposed to moving on if we got a buildable piece back.

Lazy writers are going to look at his stats and be skeptical of the Eagles trading him but nothing I've seen from his career has impressed me. He gets sheer volume because what else is there?

While you're not wrong on everything, I do feel that him and Ertz would benefit tremendously from having a real #1. I would disagree that he is easily replaced seeing as we haven't been able to draft or acquire anyone better than him in the 3 years he's been here. He's also played with a different QB every single year, so some stability with Wentz could yield more considerable improvement than what we've seen in the past.

At the end of the day, I think he's likely a very good #2 WR and they do have value on a roster. I would not want to trade him for a 2nd, I think that just disrupts our receiving corps even more.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

While you're not wrong on everything, I do feel that him and Ertz would benefit tremendously from having a real #1. I would disagree that he is easily replaced seeing as we haven't been able to draft or acquire anyone better than him in the 3 years he's been here. He's also played with a different QB every single year, so some stability with Wentz could yield more considerable improvement than what we've seen in the past.

At the end of the day, I think he's likely a very good #2 WR and they do have value on a roster. I would not want to trade him for a 2nd, I think that just disrupts our receiving corps even more.

Eagles have a receiving corps? A see a group of miscellaneous object droppers on the Eagles currently

Also, real talk...why is Ryan Mathews still on the roster on March 6th?

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: