You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info Thrdô III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
^

I am trying to get behind the idea of picking him up. I just can't shake the feeling that he is fool's gold and a one year wonder and that he is going to bust hard after getting paid. I have no facts or analysis to back that up. It's just a gut feeling and I tend to trust my gut as it is my most prominent feature.

It's a shame he wasted years of his career being stubborn and refusing to play anything but QB early on.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Eagles should just give the first for Cooks. He is 23 years old, and he is a proven 1st rounder. Mike, Davis, and Ross may never play out. Ross I think will be good, but thats if he can stay on the field.

Cooks you will have to pay big money, but if he is producing then I dont care.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
If the Patriots want him, it's kind of a good sign that it's a good idea to go and get him.

My philosophy is, if you are trading a player and the Patriots call you up and want him, hang up the phone and keep him because you are probably doing something stupid.

Source: Eric Rowe

Seems the Saints listened and rejected that offer.

EDIT: Or they think someone is foolish enough to give up a mid 1st (Side eye directed at Howie)

I heard it wasn't straight up 32 for cooks. Saints would have had to have added their second or third this year.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
I still think Eagles should just give the first for Cooks. He is 23 years old, and he is a proven 1st rounder. Mike, Davis, and Ross may never play out. Ross I think will be good, but thats if he can stay on the field.

Cooks you will have to pay big money, but if he is producing then I dont care.

Whatever your drinking.put the bottle down lol
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
^

I am trying to get behind the idea of picking him up. I just can't shake the feeling that he is fool's gold and a one year wonder and that he is going to bust hard after getting paid. I have no facts or analysis to back that up. It's just a gut feeling and I tend to trust my gut as it is my most prominent feature.

I feel you. I sorta can't shake that idea either, but I think he could offer higher upside than Stills at possibly a lower price point?

BTW I watched some of Stills last night and I do think he would be a nice fit in our offense. He can get open deep, but I honestly liked how he did on routes where he had to throttle down and make sharper cuts more like out routes, comebacks, etc. I don't think he has a full route tree, but it looks like he's expanded it and has the ability to keep expanding it. He's a more complete receiver than people probably think. Saw him make catches where he got hit over the middle. I sometimes was disappointed he didn't comeback to the ball more aggressively or fight for it in contested situations at times.

I mean I still don't think he's worth 12 million per year. I'd value him somewhere around 8-9 million. He isn't a #1 WR.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Stills especially if the asking Price is anywhere close to $12M. The object is to try and get Wentz a potential true #1 WR. Kenny Stills will never be that. There's a reason this will be his 3rd team in less then 5 years and the Saints/Dolphins weren't fighting to keep him.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
No to Stills especially if the asking Price is anywhere close to $12M. The object is to try and get Wentz a potential true #1 WR. Kenny Stills will never be that. There's a reason this will be his 3rd team in less then 5 years and the Saints/Dolphins weren't fighting to keep him.

I said he's not a #1 WR? I said I value him at 8-9 million? The Dolphins are trying to keep him?
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was Brandin Cooks for our first, I'd probably do that. Yeah, it'd be a boring draft, but you're securing a player you know can play in the league at a position of considerable need.

Think Pryor and Stills would cost too much at this point, given what we're hearing. Not completely sold on Pryor and Stills is essentially a #2-3 guy.

Probably easiest just to draft one, given the Saints will likely want a windfall for Cooks and our financial situation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
If it was Brandin Cooks for our first, I'd probably do that. Yeah, it'd be a boring draft, but you're securing a player you know can play in the league at a position of considerable need.

Think Pryor and Stills would cost too much at this point, given what we're hearing. Not completely sold on Pryor and Stills is essentially a #2-3 guy.

Probably easiest just to draft one, given the Saints will likely want a windfall for Cooks and our financial situation.

You're also gonna have to pay Cooks way more than whoever we select at 14.

There also could be some great players available. What if Solomon Thomas by some miracle landed in our laps at 14?

I like Cooks quite a bit and would love to have him in our offense, but it has to be at the right price considering the money we are going to have to pay him in addition to the asset that we will need to give up.

If they want our 2nd and maybe a player or something, then let's do the deal. Giving up our 1st rounder in a good class just isn't something I want to do.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as free agency I think I've made this clear, but I'll say it again since we are on the topic.

If I'm the Eagles and thinking about paying a salary per year that is in the double digits, then I want to shell out a little bit more for a top CB like Bouye (1st on my wishlist) or Gilmore, then give a guy like Stills or Pryor 11 or 12 million.

I'm just discussing two of our supposed likely targets based on FA rumors.

We haven't really heard anything connecting us to any top corners so far, so for now it seems like more of a wish than a reality.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
As far as free agency I think I've made this clear, but I'll say it again since we are on the topic.

If I'm the Eagles and thinking about paying a salary per year that is in the double digits, then I want to shell out a little bit more for a top CB like Bouye (1st on my wishlist) or Gilmore, then give a guy like Stills or Pryor 11 or 12 million.

We haven't really heard anything connecting us to any top corners so far, so for now it seems like more of a wish than a reality.

Here is what I am fully expecting come free agency:

1) Howie to come out of the gate swinging with trades as both buyers and sellers. He is going to be dumping cap and trying to fill at least 1 need without getting into a money bidding war with cap space they don't have. I think he is going after WR's. If it is not Cooks, there will be some WR we aren't expecting on the roster.

2) They'll be aggressive with signing a WR after trading for one. Who will depend on the type of WR they get via trade. If it's Cooks, I would expect guys like Kenny Britt or Pierre Garcon to be the targets. If it is somebody who is more of a possession WR, I expect them to be major players for Stills. I would also expect a 3rd-5th rounder to be spent on a WR

3) I expect them to shy away from the major CB targets. I fully expect Carroll to be resigned and somebody like Sterling Moore or Micah Hyde to be brought in to be a slot guy. With the talent at CB in the draft, I'd expect at 1st or 2nd and possibly the 1st AND 2nd to be used on a CB.

4) I expect several 2nd tier defensive players to be signed- I'm looking at players like Devin Taylor, Andre Branch, Nick Fairely and some cheap versatile LB's to take over for Kendricks and provide depth. Paul Worrilow has already been rumored who fits into that category. Would love to see Duke Riley added in the 3rd

5) Offensive line, I am having a lot of trouble grasping with they are going to do. With the Barbre rumors, I think he's gone and Kelce stays and some depth guys signed. I'd like to keep Wiz. I think Earl Watford is an interesting name too to be a backup at G and RT.

6) RB- 3rd-5th in the draft will likely to be the range where they'll add a player to go with Sproles and Smallwood.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Here is what I am fully expecting come free agency:

1) Howie to come out of the gate swinging with trades as both buyers and sellers. He is going to be dumping cap and trying to fill at least 1 need without getting into a money bidding war with cap space they don't have. I think he is going after WR's. If it is not Cooks, there will be some WR we aren't expecting on the roster.

2) They'll be aggressive with signing a WR after trading for one. Who will depend on the type of WR they get via trade. If it's Cooks, I would expect guys like Kenny Britt or Pierre Garcon to be the targets. If it is somebody who is more of a possession WR, I expect them to be major players for Stills. I would also expect a 3rd-5th rounder to be spent on a WR

3) I expect them to shy away from the major CB targets. I fully expect Carroll to be resigned and somebody like Sterling Moore or Micah Hyde to be brought in to be a slot guy. With the talent at CB in the draft, I'd expect at 1st or 2nd and possibly the 1st AND 2nd to be used on a CB.

4) I expect several 2nd tier defensive players to be signed- I'm looking at players like Devin Taylor, Andre Branch, Nick Fairely and some cheap versatile LB's to take over for Kendricks and provide depth. Paul Worrilow has already been rumored who fits into that category. Would love to see Duke Riley added in the 3rd

5) Offensive line, I am having a lot of trouble grasping with they are going to do. With the Barbre rumors, I think he's gone and Kelce stays and some depth guys signed. I'd like to keep Wiz. I think Earl Watford is an interesting name too to be a backup at G and RT.

6) RB- 3rd-5th in the draft will likely to be the range where they'll add a player to go with Sproles and Smallwood.

Oh, I know we will be making at least a couple trades of our own players to start the league year.

This also isn't what I would prefer, but I think its more likely what will happen.

However, I'm not sure we have the cap space to sign several mid tier guys, plus trade for Cooks and go after Britt. Most of the guys will be agreeing to deals in principle during the dead period before we can even complete the trades and make cap room.

Good post.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooks doesn't sound like the most humble guy. He's probably going to want Antonio Brown money next year. And he'll potentially be a locker room cancer if he doesn't get enough targets. I would much rather sign Alshon. His contract is probably going to be a bargain compared to what Cooks signs for in 2018.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll find out in 2 days if we really want Alshon, Bouye, etc. In 4 days we'll probably sign one. Ahhhh the offseason.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Cooks doesn't sound like the most humble guy. He's probably going to want Antonio Brown money next year. And he'll potentially be a locker room cancer if he doesn't get enough targets. I would much rather sign Alshon. His contract is probably going to be a bargain compared to what Cooks signs for in 2018.

lol look at what Willie Snead posted

Then, look at Michael Thomas' likes on Twitter....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: