You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Release Josh Sitton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deltarich87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
He's a traitor because he went to the team I hate the most out of any sports team. I hate the Bears with a passion. He could've went to any other team and I would've given him my blessing. I was hoping he would sign with the Saints but since he went to the hated Bears he's dead to me.

Oy Vey
th87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
th87 wrote:
[b] I have faith that given his credentials and long tenure

ah ok, same faith for Ted Thompson given his credentials and tenure too then right?

Boom.

Everything that guy believes or doesn't believe is based on how it affects Ted Thompson.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guise totes got me!!!

1. Having faith that a guy doesn't actually just pull stuff out of his butt is not even in the same universe as having faith that a guy makes the perfect decision 100% of the time.

2. Trying to pigeonhole me into the Chevelle anti TT group isn't going to fly, as I'm pretty positive on TT in general. I just don't consider him infallible and will criticize him if warranted. But I know it's hard to see nuance in a place that hasn't seen it in years.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
th87 wrote:

ah ok, same faith for Ted Thompson given his credentials and tenure too then right?

Boom.

Everything that guy believes or doesn't believe is based on how it affects Ted Thompson.

1. Having faith that a guy doesn't actually just pull stuff out of his butt is not even in the same universe as having faith that a guy makes the perfect decision 100% of the time.

2. Trying to pigeonhole me into the Chevelle anti TT group isn't going to fly, as I'm pretty positive on TT in general. I just don't consider him infallible and will criticize him if warranted. But I know it's hard to see nuance in a place that hasn't seen it in years.

Lol you aren't positive about him . Just saying that doesn't make it real.

Nobody says he's infallible regardless. We just don't think he's a brain dead idiot who cut an.all pro for.funsies

Your hyperbole makes it pretty hard to take you serious
th87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
th87 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
th87 wrote:

Boom.

Nobody says he's infallible regardless. We just don't think he's a brain dead idiot who cut an.all pro for.funsies

Not as positive as you, certainly, but I'm not religious either.

I'm on record here saying he's a far, far, far better drafter than Ron Wolf could dream of being, but have expressed criticism of his apparently lesser interest of other avenues of team building. Totally nuanced.

We mostly lock horns because the people that do have negative views of TT get shouted down, and despite me not agreeing with them, I don't think that's right.

I agreed with you that something happened with regard to Sitton. I think they tried to trade him suddenly, but ran out of time in finding a taker, so they ended up cutting him. I disagreed with doing so - I would've waited even into the season if necessary, because I'm not of the belief that keeping him on the team would be so bad that that was impossible. I can't come up with any reasonable scenario where that would be the case. But I guess that makes me anti TT.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th87, as a reasonable poster, do you believe yourself a better gauge of the current locker room climate than Ted Thompson and his team of personnel evaluators and coaching staff? If not, then why would you claim you couldn't see this being a fair move under any reasonable scenario?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
th87 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
th87 wrote:

Boom.

Not as positive as you, certainly, but I'm not religious either.

I'm on record here saying he's a far, far, far better drafter than Ron Wolf could dream of being, but have expressed criticism of his apparently lesser interest of other avenues of team building. Totally nuanced.

We mostly lock horns because the people that do have negative views of TT get shouted down, and despite me not agreeing with them, I don't think that's right.

I agreed with you that something happened with regard to Sitton. I think they tried to trade him suddenly, but ran out of time in finding a taker, so they ended up cutting him. I disagreed with doing so - I would've waited even into the season if necessary, because I'm not of the belief that keeping him on the team would be so bad that that was impossible. I can't come up with any reasonable scenario where that would be the case. But I guess that makes me anti TT.

I feel like you have griped about him in the past a ton.

I wouldn't have cut him either and held until I at least got SOMETHING but that's why it's so odd. It seems like just common sense to do that.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:

No, horns get locked when the same rhetoric is posted time after time (and not singling you out, just saying in general). I mean, I don't think anyone on here has ever said that Ted Thompson is infallible. In fact, I think you'd find that most everyone on here has some complaint regarding Ted Thompson, but in large his track record is proof that the method that he uses has a successful record. Obviously not ideal, but there's maybe two or three teams that have had as much (or more) success as Ted has.

But back to the original point, both sides of the argument take their arguments to extremes. The posters that are more critical of Ted complain that any kind of negative attention to Ted are being "downed out", while the posters that are more positive of Ted tend to complain that the anti-Ted crowd seems to hang their hats on a few hazy points. There's too much complaining about the other side than actual discussion.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted is good at drafting, finding, training and retaining staff and scouts.

Beyond that, he's a bit of a stagnant NFL fart. He believes religion has a place in the workplace, and together with McCarthy has done very little to help a generational talent like Rodgers evolve his game.

2010 Rodgers is very much the same as 2016 Rodgers, and when the wheels start to go we'll see if he can adapt

The single most frustrating thing about Rodgers/McCarthy is that they have never seen eye to eye. Pure speculation on my perceived divide: McCarthy is a dumber human being than Rodgers, and I think that really bothers Rodgers.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

Beyond that, he's a bit of a stagnant NFL fart. He believes religion has a place in the workplace, and together with McCarthy has done very little to help a generational talent like Rodgers evolve his game.

2010 Rodgers is very much the same as 2016 Rodgers, and when the wheels start to go we'll see if he can adapt

The single most frustrating thing about Rodgers/McCarthy is that they have never seen eye to eye. Pure speculation on my perceived divide: McCarthy is a dumber human being than Rodgers, and I think that really bothers Rodgers.

He believes religion has a place in the workplace?
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, TT is a huge God guy. Tends to draft a ton of god guys, tends to hire god guys, and so on down the chain.

He believes christian faith and values make for better football teams.
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

if I hadn't had my expectations lowered by many ppl here, I would've called this bait Laughing
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Yeah man, TT is a huge God guy. Tends to draft a ton of god guys, tends to hire god guys, and so on down the chain.

Pretty sure that's 99% of the NFL
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

Pretty sure that's 99% of the NFL

Yep. Most of the NFL are stagnant farts.

It's not bait TT. I think you'll find I'm a pretty reasonable poster who occasionally has unreasonable or unsubstantiated posts.

It bothers me as a fan when you see multiple instances per game over the past 2-3 years where Rodgers is visibly frustrated and a lot of times that frustration is echoed internally by the majority of the fanbase. That frustration seems steered towards playcalling and game management.

Once or twice today it was at specific players or units, but it was mostly directed at the poor game management by the coaching staff.
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

Yep. Most of the NFL are stagnant farts.

It's not bait TT. I think you'll find I'm a pretty reasonable poster who occasionally has unreasonable or unsubstantiated posts.

It bothers me as a fan when you see multiple instances per game over the past 2-3 years where Rodgers is visibly frustrated and a lot of times that frustration is echoed internally by the majority of the fanbase. That frustration seems steered towards playcalling and game management.

Once or twice today it was at specific players or units, but it was mostly directed at the poor game management by the coaching staff.

I think you'd find that pretty common for a QB to get frustrated every now and then on any team, though we might not see it as much with other QB's because they are less well-known than Rodgers and get less camera time. every team has times where they don't get the play in on time, or there is some confusion, etc. they're not robots. but just because a QB is frustrated doesn't mean that it's always frustration aimed at the coach (even if a broadcaster is speculating that it is).
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Sitton loved GB so much that he went to Chicago after being cut to sabotage them from within?

TT and Sitton playing 4D CHESS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: