Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State Reply with quote

The last two years I brought you:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=558033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=569779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Now it's this guy's turn:

Jordan Willis - 6'5, 275 lbs - 9.5 sacks, 15 TFLs, 3 PDs, 4 FFs and FG block in 2015.

A long, monster athlete that closes quickly and works through traffic well. Keep a lookout for him this year. I think he's a sleeper first round pick.
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 tackles, 6 sacks, 8 TFLs, 1 FF and 2 QB hurries in 5 games.

First rounder.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got an NFL body. He can move. He can turn and dip. Wish he had some 2016 cuts up. Might have to go the old-school route soon and watch full KSU games on Youtube. All I've seen is that 2015 cut.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a 2015 game of his vs. Arkansas. Not really impressed, but it was 1 game. He looked slow off the ball and didn't use his hands well.

He does have considerable upside. Reminds me of Ogbah a little from last year based on 1 tape.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consistently the last lineman off the ball and doesn't have very good hip flexibility.

If he is going to be successful he's going to have to work on his flexibility and reaction times. He may have to work on his strength and turn himself into a run stuffing strong side end. I don't see a pass rusher that is for sure.

Jamison on the sig
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Consistently the last lineman off the ball and doesn't have very good hip flexibility.

If he is going to be successful he's going to have to work on his flexibility and reaction times. He may have to work on his strength and turn himself into a run stuffing strong side end. I don't see a pass rusher that is for sure.

This. He lacks quickness at the snap, long speed, agility to turn the corner and flexibility to get skinny and squeeze between the blockers. If he can gain upper body strength could be a poor man's Justin Tuck.
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Not even close to being right. Laughing
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he could gain 15-20lbs he looks like he could be a rock solid 5 technique. Where did you get his weight listing? Most places have him at 250lbs. School site says 258.

2017 Pre Draft Mock *Full Draft* | talkdraft.net
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jordan Willis/DE-OLB/Kansas State: Just past the midway point of the 2015 season and Willis is playing the best football of his college career. He ranks third on the team with 36 total tackles and leads the defense with 11.5 tackles, 8 sacks as well as 2 forced fumbles. Willis turned in a dominant performance during the victory over Texas posting 7 tackles with 2 sacks. Prior to the season I stamped Willis as a sixth round prospect, in line with the grade scouts handed him, but hes definitely improved his draft stock since. I expect Willis to test off the charts during workouts and it will be interesting to see if he plays any outside linebacker if invited to the Senior Bowl.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=11412
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post combine he looks like a top 50 pick
reamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talented player. Always thought he was an explosive straight-line athlete. I just worry he's too linear. Despite great testing numbers and a good 3-cone, I still think he lacks balance on the field. If he can work on his flexibility and suddenness, he could be a great player.

Too often I saw him end up on the ground. For example:

https://gfycat.com/AchingBriefAmethystinepython

Seems to struggle to disengage, and doesn't always bend well off the edge:

https://gfycat.com/MetallicBriskAnnashummingbird
muncy54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw him Charles Harris and the Youngtown State boys and had him as the top guy I saw... Only question I had was size and think he weighed well... Speed numbers just a bonus
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
Talented player. Always thought he was an explosive straight-line athlete. I just worry he's too linear. Despite great testing numbers and a good 3-cone, I still think he lacks balance on the field. If he can work on his flexibility and suddenness, he could be a great player.

Too often I saw him end up on the ground. For example:

https://gfycat.com/AchingBriefAmethystinepython

Seems to struggle to disengage, and doesn't always bend well off the edge:

https://gfycat.com/MetallicBriskAnnashummingbird

He doesn't have elite bend around the edge, but he compensates for it with his hand usage. He hits the right spots and controls the OT as he attacks the corner. My complaint with him is that he needs to vary his pass rush attack. He needs to incorporate an inside move, especially an inside counter, to his game.

I also would like to see him convert speed to power more often. With his explosiveness, strength, and hand placement, he is difficult to stop when he converts his speed to power.

I really like the kid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar to Connor Barwin athletically
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett, Willis, Thomas, and Watt emerged as the top Edges in the draft - Pro Days pending. All should be top-20 picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: