You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Titans (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on Sunday and here's to an injury free game. I'm a big Bridgewater supporter, so I'm semi-depressed about his injury.

#MTGA
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Zimmer didn't come out and say that Hill was the starter this week leads me to believe that they're hoping that Bradford will be ready to play by Sunday.

I'm hoping that Bradford does start. Even with a limited knowledge of the playbook Bradford offers more from a physical ability than Hill. Hill might know the offense like the back of his hand, but he's limited physically. It was tough watching Hill throw a 15 yard pass and look like he needed to give it everything he had. Bradford might only know a small portion of the plays by Sunday, but his arm strength and capability of making plays down field will either keep the Titans from stacking 8-9 guys in the box to stop Peterson, or Bradford should be able to exploit the stacked box and connect on a few plays downfield.

All in all, it's going t be a run heavy day, for both teams, so I'm not expecting a big scoring day.

Vikings - 23
Titans - 13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
The fact that Zimmer didn't come out and say that Hill was the starter this week leads me to believe that they're hoping that Bradford will be ready to play by Sunday.

I'm hoping that Bradford does start. Even with a limited knowledge of the playbook Bradford offers more from a physical ability than Hill. Hill might know the offense like the back of his hand, but he's limited physically. It was tough watching Hill throw a 15 yard pass and look like he needed to give it everything he had. Bradford might only know a small portion of the plays by Sunday, but his arm strength and capability of making plays down field will either keep the Titans from stacking 8-9 guys in the box to stop Peterson, or Bradford should be able to exploit the stacked box and connect on a few plays downfield.

All in all, it's going t be a run heavy day, for both teams, so I'm not expecting a big scoring day.

Vikings - 23
Titans - 13

I agree wholeheartedly. Even if he's limited in his knowledge of the playbook, he's not Josh Freeman so he's not going to go out of his gourd and try to pass it 53 times. He's like Alex Smith and Jason Campbell in a way that he's got significant experience in learning new offenses, so he can get by until he's able to digest more of the playbook.

I don't think there are many other teams that would be of greater benefit to play in Week 1 than the Titans if you're a QB coming into a new system on a short timetable, as they aren't a staunch defense and offensively on both sides, there will be a lot of running the ball, so a lot of time will get chewed up and less plays will be run overall.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Newman still the starter at CB? I hope they find a way to work Waynes in there some at least
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strap yourselves in.

This is gonna be a fun ride.

Lil Uno with the sig.
paradise lost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
We'd have a very vanilla offense with Sam, not Shaun. Hill has a year and change with this playbook. Bradford will have about a week. . .

he might know the whole playbook but i doubt he can execute it. i only watched here and there of hill playing in the preseason so correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember seeing a lot of short drop backs. i also remember hill struggle with handoffs to AP in the game against the rams.

between his lack of mobility and his inability to push the ball down the field i don't think he can execute a large portion of the playbook, probably one of the reasons the vikings needed to go out and get another QB.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan89 wrote:
Is Newman still the starter at CB? I hope they find a way to work Waynes in there some at least

It would be a shock if Waynes isn't starting. In the preseason he has been the best CB on the team, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEN is an improved team and no one to take lightly. However, whether it's Hill or Bradford, this game will be decided by the running game and defense.

IF Bradford does indeed need another week to even be able to run a small simplified version of the playbook, I'm fine with that.

No, we didn't trade a 1st for him to sit but we also didn't trade a 1st to have him smacked around and dog piled in his Viking debut. As I'm not sold on our offensive line yet

If we do win, it'll be down to the wire. I believe any Week 1 opening game we have has the potential to go south regardless of who the opponent we're facing is.

As for this game I'll give it to the Vikings simply because I believe Zimmer will have the guys prepared

Titans - 14
Vikings - 16
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having flashbacks of last year's SF game... Anything can happen on week 1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
vikesfan89 wrote:

It would be a shock if Waynes isn't starting. In the preseason he has been the best CB on the team, IMO.

According to the team's unofficial depth chart, Newman is still listed as the starter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like both QBs will talk to the media today. Not tipping our hands as to the starter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB Nation states the unofficial depth chart says Shaun Over The will start.

I have a feeling it stays the same.

(Sorry for the uncreative nick name, but it fits)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
vikesfan89 wrote:

According to the team's unofficial depth chart, Newman is still listed as the starter.

Interesting nugget from @Andrew_Krammer who thinks Trae Waynes will start at corner, not Terence Newman, on Sunday.

https://www.twitter.com/1500ESPNJudd

Thx to Lil Uno!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all need to taper our hopes for week 1 just a bit. We have been put into a real rough position that we never planned for. Meanwhile Tennessee has been right on track for what they want to do this season. Now that doesn't mean we're going to come out and lay down for them.

But, I wouldn't expect anything easy on Sunday.

To me, I am less looking for a victory, and more looking for a highly competitive dog fight. I know the chance of us losing on the road, week 1, with a 36 year old QB are high. So it won't ruin my optimism for the season as a whole, if we lose our first game. ( See last year )

With all that being said, I fully expect it to be a close close game. Coming down to a few points in the end. Hill should get the nod as he gives us the best chance knowing the playbook in its entirety. Looking for Rudolph to have a big game and be a real difference maker.

Let's go get em' guys ! SKOL !

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not confident at all of Shaun Hill is our QB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 3 of 47

Jump to: