You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Titans (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee's defense is so bad that maybe he'll have some success.

Honestly, it's been the offense that's been the real problem in recent years. Last year in particular, we had a tremendous habit of playing solid defense for a half to three quarters but falling apart late as the offense was entirely unable to stay on the field. That's the main reason for any optimism for Titans fans (and when I say optimism, I mean the potential for six or, in a best-case seven, wins). Theoretically, the improved offensive line and ground game should take some pressure off the defense and allow them not to get totally worn down in the fourth quarter. In reality, who knows? We've been garbage for far too long for me to ever really get my hopes up. Laughing

I think this has the makings of a close game regardless, particularly with Teddy out. Should be a good test for our offense and Peterson is obviously terrifying. My biggest concern with the Titans defense is the secondary, so that should be interesting. You guys are the favorites, for obvious reason, but we'll put up a fight. I'm not a Mularkey guy, but the team seems to be buying in and at least looked good in the preseason and are saying all the right things. At the very least, I feel confident it's going to be physical.

Once we get through Week 1, I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. As a 25 year old Titans fan born and raised in Wisconsin, it's been insufferable surrounded by spoiled Packers fans for two decades. Hated seeing Teddy go down so much. Loved him coming out of the draft and was real happy he went to a NFC team so I could continue to root for him.

Note: Maybe should say that "insufferable Packers fans" is unrelated to FF. As a Brewers, Bucks and Badgers fan, I probably should make that clear in case any of the GB fans stumble in here. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
V1K3S

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually expect Bradford to start.
If Shaun Hill starts, I think our play calling would be extremely vanilla (more so than usual) - run, run, pass, punt and repeat.

No matter who we put at QB week 1, I think we're gonna try to win this game with our run game and defense. May as well have Bradford in for that, if hes picking up the playbook quickly.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd have a very vanilla offense with Sam, not Shaun. Hill has a year and change with this playbook. Bradford will have about a week. . .

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
We'd have a very vanilla offense with Sam, not Shaun. Hill has a year and change with this playbook. Bradford will have about a week. . .

Does Hill have the arm talent to operate the full playbook? That's my concern, Hill is physically much more limited than Bradford. Obviously, Bradford won't have time to run the full playbook. It may take him weeks or even around midseason before he can run things as Bridgewater would have been able too but we do have Shurmur and there will have to be some kind of variation implemented to ease the transition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect more gadget plays with Hill. Maybe The Patterson bubble screen makes an appearance.
hsmith22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark craig seems to believe that hill is starting

Quote:
The tentative plan heading into Monday’s practice is to start Shaun Hill in next Sunday’s season opener at Tennessee. Bradford will be armed with a simplified portion of the offense in case Hill is injured. After that, the coaches will huddle to discuss starting Bradford in the Week 2 home opener against the Packers on “Sunday Night Football.”

http://www.startribune.com/craig-vikings-didn-t-mortgage-future-in-getting-sam-bradford/392259091/

does he ever have inside information or is he guessing?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the same thing on NFL Network, if that means anything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 1 - Hill (I think he does just enough with help from Walsh + defense to get us a W)
Game 2 - Bradford [not going to show GB any looks until SNF]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im find with hill starting week 1. it makes sense.

bradford starts week 2 with a limited offsense
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the idea of Hill the first three weeks and then Bradford can be the back-up and take over in week 4 once he's up to speed with the whole offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I still like the idea of Hill the first three weeks and then Bradford can be the back-up and take over in week 4 once he's up to speed with the whole offense.

I think we can't afford to punt games. To me, starting Hill against Green Bay and Carolina would be doing just that. I trust a limited Bradford to have more success against those teams than Hill would, no matter how Hill does in the opener.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we didnt give up a 1st to sit Bradford for 2/4 of the hardest games this year (GBx2, CAR, ARI)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
we didnt give up a 1st to sit Bradford for 2/4 of the hardest games this year (GBx2, CAR, ARI)

I agree and I think there will be special plays and series programmed for the opener just like GB will. GB sees blood in the water and is ready to steal that game.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they plan on starting Bradford week 2, they might as well start him this week
Sir Fobos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't make sense to start Bradford until he can perform at Hill's level (at a minimum) within the system. That's not going to happen until he becomes more familiar with the playbook/verbiage and builds some chemistry with the receivers. His tools are far and away superior to Hill's, but I hope the team doesn't throw him to the wolves too early like they did with Freeman (not that Freeman was good to begin with). Even though I'm anxious for Bradford to start ASAP, I hope the team is smart about his timetable.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: