Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Roster Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
Pope has a great chance to make this team. Collins had a couple nice runs, but his 5th round status is doing more him than anything else right now.
Agreed. Pope deserves to make it.
He would also be the backup KR.

Wouldnt be surprised if they tried to trade one of these running backs. Even Michael.


Naw Michael ain't goin nowhere. Whoever didn't fill their lane on this return is gone tho lol
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 2172
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
Pope has a great chance to make this team. Collins had a couple nice runs, but his 5th round status is doing more him than anything else right now.
Agreed. Pope deserves to make it.
He would also be the backup KR.

Wouldnt be surprised if they tried to trade one of these running backs. Even Michael.


Naw Michael ain't goin nowhere. Whoever didn't fill their lane on this return is gone tho lol
At least Haushka got out of the way.

Watching Popes interview. I'm going to be sad if he doesnt make a roster in this league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
Pope has a great chance to make this team. Collins had a couple nice runs, but his 5th round status is doing more him than anything else right now.
Agreed. Pope deserves to make it.
He would also be the backup KR.

Wouldnt be surprised if they tried to trade one of these running backs. Even Michael.


Naw Michael ain't goin nowhere. Whoever didn't fill their lane on this return is gone tho lol
At least Haushka got out of the way.

Watching Popes interview. I'm going to be sad if he doesnt make a roster in this league.


There's always room on my team for a humble hard worker.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zman724


Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good: Kris Richard has shocked me. My biggest complaint for past few years is the lack of blitz pressure when you have the best secondary in the NFL. Kris has changed the tune and in preseason, no less. This will pay huge dividends.

Pope has some Darren Sproles in him. Collins has no speed trying to bounce it wide but will be tough between the tackles. Eyes say Pope. PC philosophy says Collins.

Bad: the empty backfield sets with a terrible OL should be removed from the playbok, already.
Marsh played a lot and was a ghost vs backups.
Morgan is too slow, can't rush the passer and shouldn't be starting.

I loved KPL. He has shown he lacks backer instincts, size and tackling ability. Not good.

Simon: Another guy I had high hopes for coming out of LSU. He can't cover, find the ball or flip his slow hips around and head to located said ball.

Boykin: A lot of blame is on the OL but he looked weak.

Our backups are the worst I've seen in the PC era.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boykins sucks and did nothing to seperate himself from Heaps besides show scramble and escape ability in the pocket. Not impressed. His only TD of the preseason was a lucky hail mary, not impressed at all.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that was pretty much the Trevone Boykin I crunched on tape at TCU. I don't care what anyone says, he wasn't a draftable player before hitting a cop and he certainly wasn't afterwards. I hope they just bring back TJack and put Boykin on the PS. Sure, he gives you some exciting plays and looks reminiscent of Russ, but he really struggles with some basic elements of being an NFL QB. I wouldn't trust him to come in for a whole quarter let alone a stretch of games if the time ever came.

Troymaine Pope has to make this team. It's that simple. Not only has he proven to be the 3rd best between-the-tackles runner on this team, but he's also clearly the best backup option for kickoff returns. If we suffer an injury to Lockett or an injury to another WR that forces us to value Lockett more on offense, I think Pope would be a great candidate to fill in. Alex Collins had some nice carries early, but he still looks like the same guy that needs space to make something happen. As much as I enjoyed watching his college tape, I don't see the value proposition for him making this team.

You guys need to lay off Tharold Simon. Realize that if this guy ever figures it all out, he could be as good as Richard Sherman. That potential is pretty cool. In all seriousness, the fact he played into the 4th quarter was very telling. It's clear this staff has him no higher than #4 on the depth chart.

For whatever reason, I spent the majority of the 2nd/3rd quarter honed in on CB DeAndre Elliot. Kid looks really good. Very smooth hips and does a good job playing with his eyes in the backfield on zone coverages. He wasn't perfect, but I was very impressed considering he's a UDFA. Highly unlikely he makes the team, but he's a great candidate to develop on the PS and bring up if someone like Simon has an injury.

Spent the majority of that same time watching LT George Fant on offense. I've been very intrigued to watch his development this offseason, as I see him having a ton of potential, but he took a step back yesterday. He was getting bullied in the hand-fighting aspect of pass protection and seemed lost in his footwork at times. Still a very solid run blocker. According to last night's announcers, it sounds like he has a really good chance to crack the final 53.

I missed the 1st quarter, but that's awesome to hear Rawls got some work!
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the assessments on Pope vs Collins in here. I think zman said it best. The eyes say Pope but Carroll's philosophy says Collins. It is possible we keep 4 RBs

Simon has been a disappointment this preseason for me. He certainly hasn't reached the potential they talked about in camp. Depending on how many DBs we carry, it wouldn't shock me if Elliot or Tye made it over him

You're not seeing anything new out of Fant. His footwork in pass pro has been awful all preseason. If he makes the team, and he might, it is because we're afraid he wont make our PS, not because he's the third best Tackle
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I agree with the assessments on Pope vs Collins in here. I think zman said it best. The eyes say Pope but Carroll's philosophy says Collins. It is possible we keep 4 RBs

Simon has been a disappointment this preseason for me. He certainly hasn't reached the potential they talked about in camp. Depending on how many DBs we carry, it wouldn't shock me if Elliot or Tye made it over him

You're not seeing anything new out of Fant. His footwork in pass pro has been awful all preseason. If he makes the team, and he might, it is because we're afraid he wont make our PS, not because he's the third best Tackle


I'd still be surprised if Simon didn't make the team. I think they really do like his potential and want to see what he can do with a full healthy season. Tye should make the team regardless (he's more of a slot corner), but it should be fairly easy to sneak Elliot on the PS.

As for the bolded, that was the reasoning last night's announcers provided.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Smion ever been good? There's like this Mythical aura about him that has caused all to believe he's this great player just waiting to blow up. I dont remember him ever having an impact for this team when it mattered
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Has Smion ever been good? There's like this Mythical aura about him that has caused all to believe he's this great player just waiting to blow up. I dont remember him ever having an impact for this team when it mattered


His most extensive time came when he got abused in our most recent Super Bowl.

Outside of that, the hype has been almost completely manufactured by offseason buzz reports and people clamoring about his ideal size.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone_Collector


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 1198
Location: So. Cal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/9/3/12787092/oakland-raiders-reportedly-trade-dewey-mcdonald-to-seahawks

We made a trade. McDonald had a lot of hype going into camp. Impressed our coaches early on, but it didn't translate into the games. Your FO must like something about him obviously.
_________________


Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/9/3/12787092/oakland-raiders-reportedly-trade-dewey-mcdonald-to-seahawks

We made a trade. McDonald had a lot of hype going into camp. Impressed our coaches early on, but it didn't translate into the games. Your FO must like something about him obviously.


Without looking him up, I'm going to guess he's an exceptional athlete.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 18288
Location: el ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the posts above, I guess I should be excited that the Jets claimed Pope?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Based on the posts above, I guess I should be excited that the Jets claimed Pope?
Damnit.

Yes. He'll hit the hole fast and hard and has a little wiggle. He does a nice job as a KR too
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 18288
Location: el ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Based on the posts above, I guess I should be excited that the Jets claimed Pope?
Damnit.

Yes. He'll hit the hole fast and hard and has a little wiggle. He does a nice job as a KR too

Yeah, he's our 4th string RB behind Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, and Khiry Robinson, so I'm guessing for now his main contributions will come in the return game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group