You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
#MichiganSt DT Malik McDowell is visiting the #Redskins today. Has also visited #Ravens, #Lions and #Colts. Workouts for #Dolphins & #Eagles

I want no part of Malik McDowell.

Talented.

But a low effort, diva

He is 20 years old. He has time to grow up. Being around pros and seeing how they go about their business could help him mature. Also, from what I understand Jim Tom runs a pretty tight ship. I don think he gave max effort in college because he didn't have to. He was virtually unblockable when he wanted to be! His team mates in the pros will hold him accountable. I'm not sure you can pass on that kind of raw talent and ability at 17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, with McDowell, most of his 2016 tape should be thrown out because he spent most of the season battling an ankle injury (I think he missed 3 or 4 games) - just like with Breeland and Moses last year - go back to their 2015 seasons when they were more healthy and you see a much more consistent and better player and that's who each of them really are.

McDowell compares to DeForest Buckner as HTTRG3 said in another thread. I most certainly would take a player at 17 who's comp was a top 10 DL from last draft.

Is Malik McDowell this season’s DeForest Buckner?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-is-malik-mcdowell-this-seasons-deforest-buckner/ #PFF‬

Quote:
Michigan State defender Malik McDowell had a sophomore campaign comparable to Buckner’s 2014. Last season, he posted 22 stops, 39 total pressures and finished 10th in our defensive interior grades among FBS players returning for 2016.

The similarities between the two don’t end with their underclassman grades. While he plays inside at defensive tackle in Michigan State’s 4-3 defense as opposed to Buckner’s 3-4 end position at Oregon, McDowell physically looks like the new 49er as well, as he is listed at 6-6 and 286 pounds (compared to Buckner, who measured 6-7 and 291 pounds at February’s scouting combine), and appears to have similar arm length (Buckner’s measured 34 3/8 inches, whereas an average arm length for a defensive lineman is around 33 inches).

Side-by-side film study

While comparing grade tracks and body types can be extremely useful, ultimately the film is the true test of a comparison. In the case of McDowell versus Buckner, they match up extremely well in this regard.

McDowell excels at shedding one-on-one blocks. He uses his arm length and upper body strength well to set up a variety of moves, and can defeat multiple layers of blocking, particularly on the pass rush.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
#MichiganSt DT Malik McDowell is visiting the #Redskins today. Has also visited #Ravens, #Lions and #Colts. Workouts for #Dolphins & #Eagles

Talented.

But a low effort, diva

You're exactly right Thaiphoon. From the results of his interviews when questioned about his work ethic and consistency, teams mentioned that he was an awful interview and some said he was their worst one. Pass him up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Talented.

But a low effort, diva

You're exactly right Thaiphoon. From the results of his interviews when questioned about his work ethic and consistency, teams mentioned that he was an awful interview and some said he was their worst one. Pass him up.
Guys like Warren Sapp had bad interviews also.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo
Christian McCaffrey was in Washington today for a pre-draft visit. Skins hold pick No. 17.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-risky-prospects-marshon-lattimore-deshaun-watson-dalvin-cook-c09db45ca6e

Dalvin Cook

"For one, Cook’s injury history is well known, and three shoulder surgeries call into question how durable he will be at the next level. Plus, a list of off-field incidents adds to the uncertainty about his availability. And then there’s Cook’s disastrous combine performance. Scouts and analysts like to tout the expression “trust the tape” when it comes to the final grades they give prospects, but it’s pretty hard to ignore how poorly he tested in Indianapolis: Cook measured out in the seventh percentile among NFL athletes at his position, and in the past 18 years, no running back with his athletic profile has been taken in the first round."

Malik McDowell

"But the 6-foot-6, 295-pound defensive lineman disappears too often. His unreliable effort, along with his inconsistent technique — he plays with a narrow base and comes off the ball much too high at times — means that he’s going to require a bunch of coaching at the next level. He could be a disruptive force all across the defensive line like Calais Campbell, but he could also have a short career. It all depends on how much he buys into his new team’s system."

Haason Reddick

"Reddick is likely too small to function as an every-down edge rusher, which means he’d have to run, cover, and tackle in coverage as a weakside linebacker in a 4–3 or an inside linebacker in a 3–4. He dropped back into coverage just 14 percent of the time in 2016, per Pro Football Focus, and that would be a much bigger part of his game at the next level. He may have shined in this new position at the Senior Bowl, but in college, he struggled with making plays in space and with taking on blocks. Reddick’s upside is through the roof and his raw explosiveness is where he derives his value, but there’s so much uncertainty when a player has to change positions from college to the pros."

Marlon Humphrey

"But if the former Crimson Tide star misses on his jam or misreads route combinations in front of him, he’s susceptible to the deep ball. Humphrey gave up an average of 16.3 yards per reception in 2016, per Pro Football Focus, only a slight improvement over his 17.4 yards per reception allowed in 2015. If Humphrey can develop the ability to recover when he’s beat, find the ball in the air, and use his length to make plays on the ball downfield, he has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowl–level no. 1 corner. But until then, whoever takes him will have to provide plenty of deep help to his side of the field when he’s matched up against speedy field-stretching receivers — and almost every team in the NFL has one."

Jabrill Peppers

"However, Peppers’s upside as a multitalented superstar is contingent upon his ability to develop instincts and ball skills in coverage at the next level. Run-defending safeties are a dime a dozen in the league, and in the pass-happy NFL, high-value defensive backs must be able to cover. But as the primary defender in coverage in his three years with Michigan, Peppers gave up 58 receptions on 93 targets, with just six passes defended. Ball skills and production don’t typically show up suddenly in the NFL, where players face more sophisticated offenses, better quarterbacks, and superior receivers. So if a team takes Peppers in the first round with visions of a defensive playmaker and special teams returner in the form of Charles Woodson, they’ll be betting on massive improvement in Peppers’s pass-coverage instincts."

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-risky-prospects-marshon-lattimore-deshaun-watson-dalvin-cook-c09db45ca6e

You'll note that they listed all of the top QBs in there ... except Kizer. Just sayin'.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/reuben-foster-discloses-positive-drug-test-at-scouting-combine/

The Scouting Combine officially didn’t go well for Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster. Apart from being sent home after an altercation with a health-care worker at the hospital where prospects are poked and prodded, Foster failed the drug test.

Foster, acknowledging that someone eventually was going to violate his privacy rights by reporting on a failed drug test under the substance-abuse policy, opted to disclose the situation to one of the outlets that would have been ready and willing to violate his privacy rights by reporting on the failed test.

“This is something that’s going to get out,” Foster told Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. “I don’t make excuses. I’m a real dude. I try to be a good person. . . . I just hope the coaches understand and that’s all I can hope and pray for.”

The positive result came from a diluted sample. Foster explained that he was sick before the Scouting Combine, with vomiting, diarrhea, and cramping. He opted against an IV, obtained medication from a doctor, and began to hydrate.

“I couldn’t eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade,” Foster said. “Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I’m a coach-pleaser. I don’t care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test.”

The explanation makes sense for the most part. The claim that he was “trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick” feels a bit like a Freudian slip, since the rule regarding diluted sample arises from the concern that people will consume excess water in an effort to flush evidence of banned substances from his system.

Foster doesn’t know what any of this will mean to his draft stock, but he embraces the possibility that he’ll slide.

“If it’s first round, second round, whoever takes me will get a good football player and an All-Pro,” Foster said. “I hope I go on Thursday, but I can’t control that.”

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for Foster. He's got a lot of red flags, and not a red flag like oh he's inconsistent and battled injuries...

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19227520/former-florida-gators-dt-caleb-brantley-charged-misdemeanor-battery

Quote:
Former Florida defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, who is considered a potential first- or second-round pick in this week's NFL draft, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple battery after he allegedly struck a woman and knocked her unconscious during a dispute earlier this month.

According to a sworn complaint obtained by ESPN from the Alachua County Clerk of Court in Gainesville, Florida, a woman told police that the 6-foot-2, 307-pound Brantley made crude comments toward her during an argument at a bar on April 13, and she then pushed him. The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face knocking her unconscious."

Making crude comments toward a woman, then punching her (even if she pushed him)?

He gets a big ole "drop from consideration" from me.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago

NFL notified teams that Michigan’s Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine, league sources tell ESPN.

Monk HOF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping like flies.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-qb-first-round-trades

Peter King's mock draft has us trading down with the Texans (who trade up for Watson), we drop to #25 overall and get Houston's 2nd round pick #57 overall. We then select MLB Jarrad Davis at#25.

I would dance a jig in excitement if this happened.

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-qb-first-round-trades

Peter King's mock draft has us trading down with the Texans (who trade up for Watson), we drop to #25 overall and get Houston's 2nd round pick #57 overall. We then select MLB Jarrad Davis at#25.

I would dance a jig in excitement if this happened.

With only five offensive players taken before #17 (Fournette 4, Trubisky 6(*), McCaffrey 8, Howard 12(**), and Williams 16), trading down makes a ton of sense.

All off the board: Garrett, Thomas, Adams, Lattimore, Hooker, Reddick, Barnett, Foster, Allen, Conley, and McKinley

Drop off the board after we trade down: Watson, C. Davis (*sigh*), Robinson, Ramczyk, Njoku (sorry, Jeezy), T. White, Bolles, and Humphrey.

Still ending up with an inside linebacker in Jarrad Davis plus another 2nd round pick? I'm game for that.

(*) King has the Browns trading up to #6 with the Jets to take Trubisky? Even getting 12, 33, and 181, would the Jets make that trade?
(**) Netting Howard would be a nice grab there for Gang Green, though.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/report-gareon-conley-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-cleveland/

This story is really weird. Conley could plummet though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 47 of 48

Jump to: