Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
I'm intrigued by TJ Watt...seems like he just kept getting bigger, faster, stronger and better throughout his college career.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but if we draft Watt, would that give us the whitest 3-4 OLB corps of all time? Laughing

Is Houston Bates still on the team?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
I'm intrigued by TJ Watt...seems like he just kept getting bigger, faster, stronger and better throughout his college career.
I'm worried that Watt is a lot like Kerrigan, Murphy and Smith. I don't think he's quick enough and athletic enough to be an elite ROLB. If the Redskins draft an OLB, that guy needs to be different than the guys we already have imo. They need that quick twitch ROLB, the only one we have on our roster like that right now is Galette but we can't rely on him. I really wouldn't understand the TJ Watt selection if we take him in round 1.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
I'm worried that Watt is a lot like Kerrigan, Murphy and Smith. I don't think he's quick enough and athletic enough to be an elite ROLB. If the Redskins draft an OLB, that guy needs to be different than the guys we already have imo. They need that quick twitch ROLB, the only one we have on our roster like that right now is Galette but we can't rely on him. I really wouldn't understand the TJ Watt selection if we take him in round 1.

TJ is more athletic than you give him credit for. However there are so many players that I'd be ok with us taking round one, that I just don't want us to make some out of the blue pick that'd make no sense.

Props to Mike23md
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:

TJ is more athletic than you give him credit for. However there are so many players that I'd be ok with us taking round one, that I just don't want us to make some out of the blue pick that'd make no sense.

Which will probably happen.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on Washington's pick at 17. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587350

Thanks,

GFW
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just know when we draft defensive along with high character guys and guys who just love football we have to draft guys that are athletic. IMO It seems our defensive front seven look like old timers with mushroom tops, guys who couldn't run down an AARP member. I would love to see guys like H. Reddick, T. Tpassagnon, T. McKinley some players of this ilk. Just seems many teams run up big plays on us and us not being able catch them. Just an opinion.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php

Washington Redskins: Forrest Lamp, G/C, Western Kentucky

I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I spent about an hour last night thinking about this pick alone. I've slotted Zach Cunningham here for a while, as he was the exact prospect Scot McCloughan would've looked for. McCloughan, of course, was fired, but I still stuck with Cunningham because he filled a huge need. That's no longer the case because of the Zach Brown signing.

I ultimately decided on Forrest Lamp. There's talk that Lamp could be a top-20 pick, as teams love him. He can play all three positions on the offensive line, which has to interest the Redskins. They need an upgrade over Shawn Lauvao, which Lamp could provide. Lauvao and center Spencer Long are impending free agents in 2018, so Lamp would also provide insurance in case the latter departs.

Defensive players taken after Lamp in the mock (only six offensive players (Fournette, Howard, Williams, Trubisky, Cook, and Robinson) taken before #17 ... Sad ):
21. Obi Melifonwu
22. Charles Harris
24. Haason Reddick
26. Adoree Jackson
28. Takkarist McKinley
29. Jabril Peppers
31. T.J. Watt
32. Tre'Davious White

Walter's mock is almost a worst case scenario for the Redskins.
Yeah, that would be a worse case scenario in my mind. I'm going to be disappointed if we once again pass on good defensive talent to take an offensive player when our offense is amongst the best and our defense is amongst the worst and there is arguably defensive players with similar grades available.

So, if the Ravens take Reddick at 16 instead of Robinson, would you be averse to an offensive player? Obviously, at that point, you investigate any trade down deal, but if no one is biting, would you reach for a Harris or Jackson just to get a defensive player? In this scenario (11 defensive players taken vs only Trubisky, Fournette, Howard, Williams, and Cook), I think we need to consider Corey Davis or David Njoku (yes, I'm perhaps being swayed by Jeezy). Yes, I'm sure we can discuss Forrest Lamp, but I'm not completely convinced the delta from Lamp to say a Dawkins/Feeley guy necessitate us taking the guard over the skill player. No, I still don't think McCaffrey is a good choice there, and no, I'm not all that interested in the other defensive players available.

In other words, this is a time where value ends up trumping need simply because the draft broke badly against us.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
You can't trade up for a MLB in my opinion. The positional value just isn't there. Now if Allen starts dropping I'd be down for moving up for him. Honestly most of our needs could be filled with a late first or even early 2nd in this class. Trading down is a very real possibility.

Normally, I agree with you on positional value, but in this case, we're going to part ways. Getting a guy who could be the quarterback of your defense for a long time would be totally worth it.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
I just know when we draft defensive along with high character guys and guys who just love football we have to draft guys that are athletic. IMO It seems our defensive front seven look like old timers with mushroom tops, guys who couldn't run down an AARP member. I would love to see guys like H. Reddick, T. Tpassagnon, T. McKinley some players of this ilk. Just seems many teams run up big plays on us and us not being able catch them. Just an opinion.
Agreed, who need more speed on our defense, especially in the front 7.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php

Washington Redskins: Forrest Lamp, G/C, Western Kentucky

I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I spent about an hour last night thinking about this pick alone. I've slotted Zach Cunningham here for a while, as he was the exact prospect Scot McCloughan would've looked for. McCloughan, of course, was fired, but I still stuck with Cunningham because he filled a huge need. That's no longer the case because of the Zach Brown signing.

I ultimately decided on Forrest Lamp. There's talk that Lamp could be a top-20 pick, as teams love him. He can play all three positions on the offensive line, which has to interest the Redskins. They need an upgrade over Shawn Lauvao, which Lamp could provide. Lauvao and center Spencer Long are impending free agents in 2018, so Lamp would also provide insurance in case the latter departs.

Defensive players taken after Lamp in the mock (only six offensive players (Fournette, Howard, Williams, Trubisky, Cook, and Robinson) taken before #17 ... Sad ):
21. Obi Melifonwu
22. Charles Harris
24. Haason Reddick
26. Adoree Jackson
28. Takkarist McKinley
29. Jabril Peppers
31. T.J. Watt
32. Tre'Davious White

Walter's mock is almost a worst case scenario for the Redskins.
Yeah, that would be a worse case scenario in my mind. I'm going to be disappointed if we once again pass on good defensive talent to take an offensive player when our offense is amongst the best and our defense is amongst the worst and there is arguably defensive players with similar grades available.

So, if the Ravens take Reddick at 16 instead of Robinson, would you be averse to an offensive player? Obviously, at that point, you investigate any trade down deal, but if no one is biting, would you reach for a Harris or Jackson just to get a defensive player? In this scenario (11 defensive players taken vs only Trubisky, Fournette, Howard, Williams, and Cook), I think we need to consider Corey Davis or David Njoku (yes, I'm perhaps being swayed by Jeezy). Yes, I'm sure we can discuss Forrest Lamp, but I'm not completely convinced the delta from Lamp to say a Dawkins/Feeley guy necessitate us taking the guard over the skill player. No, I still don't think McCaffrey is a good choice there, and no, I'm not all that interested in the other defensive players available.

In other words, this is a time where value ends up trumping need simply because the draft broke badly against us.
I don't think any of those guys listed are a reach, and I've said over and over that I don't think McDowell is a reach. When McDowell was healthy, he was a dominant DL and projected to go top 10. Then, he hurt his ankle and dropped in the draft because of a down year and because some scouts are worried about his work ethic. I think McDowell is going to be a better pro than he was college player.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
#MichiganSt DT Malik McDowell is visiting the #Redskins today. Has also visited #Ravens, #Lions and #Colts. Workouts for #Dolphins & #Eagles
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I don't think Malik McDowell's body will be able to hold up at the next level. I wouldn't draft him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
IMO I don't think Malik McDowell's body will be able to hold up at the next level. I wouldn't draft him.
He's 6'6 295, perfect body type for a 5-technique in a 3-4 which is what we need the most on our defense.

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
#MichiganSt DT Malik McDowell is visiting the #Redskins today. Has also visited #Ravens, #Lions and #Colts. Workouts for #Dolphins & #Eagles
I'm glad NFL teams know McDowell isn't a reach in the teens or early 20s. We are right in his wheelhouse.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I want no part of Malik McDowell.

Talented.

But a low effort, diva

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48

Jump to: