You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
After doing a little research, I realize that I was completely wrong about Jarrad Davis' injury history. I thought he had multiple knee injuries. It turns out he had an ankle injury! This has completely changed my mind about the draft. Jarrad Davis is an absolute beast!
This is my guy at 17!!!! He had a really good pro day considering he had very little time prepare! I always like him at ILB... I just thought his injury history was way more significant! What his interview at the combine and his pro day! This is a "football guy"

I'll have to take a look-see at him

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Considering we only have one center on our roster now that Sullivan signed with the Rams...it makes since. If an impact defensive player is not there at 17, I would strongly consider trading back! We could get a guy like Brantley or Adams in the bottom of the first round or top of the second! We could also snag a RB like Mixon or Foreman while picking up an extra pick!
As most mocks are not even close to reality, I highly doubt that many defensive players will go before we pick. QB needy teams will panic and reach for Watson, Turbisky, and Kiser.

I wouldn't mind trading back but I also wouldn't mind trading up if Hooker fell to the teens! I like Davis as well he's a very good player. He could be worth a selection is we traded back a few spots. Foreman is IMO the best back in this class. Not the type of back Gruden seems to want but he is a all around back he can be a very good receiver he blocks well in the pass game and he's a load and he's very quick for a guy his size. There's a lot of talent available but I don't think Lamp is a option simply of Grudens comments about a guard in the first. I actually think You the CB out of USC is a very real option round 1. But before this draft is over I hope we come away with the NT from Notre Dame and one of the ILB's out of the top 5 available and a safety in the top 3 rounds!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Considering we only have one center on our roster now that Sullivan signed with the Rams...it makes since. If an impact defensive player is not there at 17, I would strongly consider trading back! We could get a guy like Brantley or Adams in the bottom of the first round or top of the second! We could also snag a RB like Mixon or Foreman while picking up an extra pick!
As most mocks are not even close to reality, I highly doubt that many defensive players will go before we pick. QB needy teams will panic and reach for Watson, Turbisky, and Kiser.

I wouldn't mind trading back but I also wouldn't mind trading up if Hooker fell to the teens! I like Davis as well he's a very good player. He could be worth a selection is we traded back a few spots. Foreman is IMO the best back in this class. Not the type of back Gruden seems to want but he is a all around back he can be a very good receiver he blocks well in the pass game and he's a load and he's very quick for a guy his size. There's a lot of talent available but I don't think Lamp is a option simply of Grudens comments about a guard in the first. I actually think You the CB out of USC is a very real option round 1. But before this draft is over I hope we come away with the NT from Notre Dame and one of the ILB's out of the top 5 available and a safety in the top 3 rounds!
Hooker had 2 surgeries this offseason, has one year of college starting experience, and plays a position we just signed a guy to a 3-year contract to play. Why would we trade up for him exactly? I wouldn't even select him at 17.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Hooker had 2 surgeries this offseason, has one year of college starting experience, and plays a position we just signed a guy to a 3-year contract to play. Why would we trade up for him exactly? I wouldn't even select him at 17.

Because a top 5 or 6 talent at 13 is worth giving a little extra to get is a good value. And I get we signed DJ but you yourself has said on multiple occasions that's FA safety's rarely pan out. It's not like we signed him to a huge deal and if Cravens can't hold down the SS spot then you can have Hooker and DJ and that could be a heck of a tandem. Plus is DJ can't beat out Hooker then the best player plays and we have good depth for one to not leave our CB's on a island with no room for error for once. Hooker is a heck of a player. I think addressing the fromt 7 is key but in round 1 I want the best player in the draft regardless of position. We need elite talents no matter where they line up and that's how I look at building a roster

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Because a top 5 or 6 talent at 13 is worth giving a little extra to get is a good value. And I get we signed DJ but you yourself has said on multiple occasions that's FA safety's rarely pan out. It's not like we signed him to a huge deal and if Cravens can't hold down the SS spot then you can have Hooker and DJ and that could be a heck of a tandem. Plus is DJ can't beat out Hooker then the best player plays and we have good depth for one to not leave our CB's on a island with no room for error for once. Hooker is a heck of a player. I think addressing the fromt 7 is key but in round 1 I want the best player in the draft regardless of position. We need elite talents no matter where they line up and that's how I look at building a roster
I don't disagree with what you're saying about grabbing elite talent. I guess I just don't see Hooker as the elite prospect that you do. I see a guy coming off 2 surgeries who started for 1 season in college.

ripsean21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely have concerns with any injury because unlike the teams I don't have insight to recoveries or things of that nature. But that said I see a lot of talent just like any draft but there really are some guys that just jump out at you. Honestly just like last year we have supplemented the roster with FA. With that said we need to make sure we take a player that just fits everything this staff wants early and we need to find a player that just shines in our system. There are so many RB's, CB's, interior DL and safeties. I'm okay with our free agency haul but there is no reason not to take a player who will be a star because of any player we signed especially with the rental type deals we continue to sign guys to! I respect your opinion greatly and while I think a little higher of the safety position I agree that a game changer in the front 7 would not only be huge but for this defense it could be huge to fielding a defense this team can get excited about.

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php

Washington Redskins: Forrest Lamp, G/C, Western Kentucky

I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I spent about an hour last night thinking about this pick alone. I've slotted Zach Cunningham here for a while, as he was the exact prospect Scot McCloughan would've looked for. McCloughan, of course, was fired, but I still stuck with Cunningham because he filled a huge need. That's no longer the case because of the Zach Brown signing.

I ultimately decided on Forrest Lamp. There's talk that Lamp could be a top-20 pick, as teams love him. He can play all three positions on the offensive line, which has to interest the Redskins. They need an upgrade over Shawn Lauvao, which Lamp could provide. Lauvao and center Spencer Long are impending free agents in 2018, so Lamp would also provide insurance in case the latter departs.

Defensive players taken after Lamp in the mock (only six offensive players (Fournette, Howard, Williams, Trubisky, Cook, and Robinson) taken before #17 ... Sad ):
21. Obi Melifonwu
22. Charles Harris
24. Haason Reddick
26. Adoree Jackson
28. Takkarist McKinley
29. Jabril Peppers
31. T.J. Watt
32. Tre'Davious White

Walter's mock is almost a worst case scenario for the Redskins.
Yeah, that would be a worse case scenario in my mind. I'm going to be disappointed if we once again pass on good defensive talent to take an offensive player when our offense is amongst the best and our defense is amongst the worst and there is arguably defensive players with similar grades available.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 ints, 3 returned for a TD. In some games Hooker was not only the best defensive player in the game but also the best offensive player in the game for the Buckeyes. He has the potential to be an all pro elite FS in the mold of Ed Reed/Earl Thomas type. Anyone who watched him last year saw that potential. He's a true center fielder free safety.

Anyone who doesn't see this is just biased and doesn't want to admit it. And that's a period on the end of that sentence.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
After doing a little research, I realize that I was completely wrong about Jarrad Davis' injury history. I thought he had multiple knee injuries. It turns out he had an ankle injury! This has completely changed my mind about the draft. Jarrad Davis is an absolute beast!
This is my guy at 17!!!! He had a really good pro day considering he had very little time prepare! I always like him at ILB... I just thought his injury history was way more significant! What his interview at the combine and his pro day! This is a "football guy"

I'll have to take a look-see at him
Jarrad Davis is going to be a very good Lb in the NFL, just like McMillan. The question with them though is, are they worth a 1st round pick?

Neither are quite the athletes that Foster, Reddick and Cunningham are but they are very sound and solid players. Nfl.com compares McMillan to a Mason Foster type Lb and Davis to a Shaq Thompson type Lb. I think any of these 5 would start for us at ILB right away over Foster or Compton in my mind.

The question is what do you do?

We are likely to miss out on Foster - unless we trade up - and maybe Reddick as well. We could take Cunningham, Davis or McMillan but the question is if that's a reach or not, and it seems like it may be by 10 to 15 picks or about a 1/2 a round.

So, do we trade up to get Foster?

Stay out and hope Reddick is available when we pick?

Take Cunningham, Davis or McMillan at 17 even though they're grades are late 1st or early 2nd?

Take another player at 17 that isn't an ILB, maybe McDowell, a corner or an offensive player?

Trade back to take one of them or another defender and the end of the 1st?

To me, I'm for taking one of the ILBs or McDowell. If Foster and Reddick are gone, I'd hope we can trade back and still get one of the ILBs or McDowell in the 20s somewhere.

Cooley thought we should trade up to make sure we get Foster or Reddick if it would only cost us a 3rd round pick, but I don't want to do that. I'd rather trade back and get one of the other ILBs or McDowell 5 or so picks later - where there value is slotted - and pick up an extra pick.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I'm at too turtle - DL or ILB would be ideal and I like those specific players you listed (the only ILBs I'd take at 17 are Foster or Reddick) -though I'd also throw CB into the mix if a top 3 corner falls into our lap. I also would not be angry at drafting Lamp or a top OT that can be converted into an All-Pro guard.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't trade up for a MLB in my opinion. The positional value just isn't there. Now if Allen starts dropping I'd be down for moving up for him. Honestly most of our needs could be filled with a late first or even early 2nd in this class. Trading down is a very real possibility.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
You can't trade up for a MLB in my opinion. The positional value just isn't there. Now if Allen starts dropping I'd be down for moving up for him. Honestly most of our needs could be filled with a late first or even early 2nd in this class. Trading down is a very real possibility.
If you think Foster is by and away the best ILB and a sure fire pro bowler and you have him rated way above the other ILBs and someone like McDowell, trading up for him would be worth it. That's if you think you're getting a pro bowler for the next decade. Cooley seemed to think Foster was worth giving up a 3rd to move up and draft because that 3rd round pick most likely won't turn into a starter anyways.

I agree trading down is a real possibility - if we have a trading partner - because in the late 1st there should still be a defender we'd like to take or maybe even Forest Lamp will still available.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
If you think Foster is by and away the best ILB and a sure fire pro bowler and you have him rated way above the other ILBs and someone like McDowell, trading up for him would be worth it. That's if you think you're getting a pro bowler for the next decade. Cooley seemed to think Foster was worth giving up a 3rd to move up and draft because that 3rd round pick most likely won't turn into a starter anyways.
I don't believe in absolutes in the draft.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
I don't believe in absolutes in the draft.
That's true, total crap shoot.

A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by TJ Watt...seems like he just kept getting bigger, faster, stronger and better throughout his college career.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

Jump to: