You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterfootball Redskins Mock Draft:

1. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
2. Chris Wormley, DE (5-tech)/DT, Michigan
3. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
4. Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
4. Shelton Gibson, WR, WVU

Who I'd take to finish out this draft:

5: Ryan Glasgow, DT/3-tech, Michigan
6: Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson
6: Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
7: Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
7: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.

My only problem with Walters's selection is Peterman in round 3. He does it because he's projecting that Cousins won't be back next year - which I don't disagree with necessarily - because no one can know for sure. That being said, the Redskins have Colt McCoy and drafted Nate Sudfeld last year to develop. I see no reason to draft a qb until Cousins or McCoy are gone. Continuing to develop Sudfeld as their #3 qb is fine to me. He's bigger and has a stronger arm than Peterman anyways.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 5901
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
This is a crazy year with evaluations and mock drafts. Mike Williams is projected anywhere from 6-30. If he is there at our kick we have to take him. He has the potential of a future HOF. Just our luck we have Pryor and Williams is available. I'm not counting on doctson at all yet, but Crowder is a beast
You mean Terrence Williams?

I'm not sure of your point here.


Mike Williams! Williams, Josh, and Crowder would be a nice combination, but with the signing of Pryor Skins probably past on Williams.

Pryor though Doc will be a steal especially if Cousins stays IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
This is a crazy year with evaluations and mock drafts. Mike Williams is projected anywhere from 6-30. If he is there at our kick we have to take him. He has the potential of a future HOF. Just our luck we have Pryor and Williams is available. I'm not counting on doctson at all yet, but Crowder is a beast
You mean Terrence Williams?

I'm not sure of your point here.


Mike Williams! Williams, Josh, and Crowder would be a nice combination, but with the signing of Pryor Skins probably past on Williams.

Pryor though Doc will be a steal especially if Cousins stays IMO.
Oh ok. I don't think Mike Williams will be there. I know some people disagree but I think he goes top 10 because of his upside. He needs work on his route running, but that's it. Hard for me to see the 49ers passing on him given their need for a #2 wr - who projects to be a #1 with more development - that can learn from Garçon. Then, if they pass, I don't think the Jets will. The Jets lost Marshall, they're going to want to give whomever their young starting qb is a target like Williams IMO.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PSID412


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 2133
Location: Bristol England
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Walterfootball Redskins Mock Draft:

1. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
2. Chris Wormley, DE (5-tech)/DT, Michigan
3. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
4. Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
4. Shelton Gibson, WR, WVU

Who I'd take to finish out this draft:

5: Ryan Glasgow, DT/3-tech, Michigan
6: Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson
6: Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
7: Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
7: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.

My only problem with Walters's selection is Peterman in round 3. He does it because he's projecting that Cousins won't be back next year - which I don't disagree with necessarily - because no one can know for sure. That being said, the Redskins have Colt McCoy and drafted Nate Sudfeld last year to develop. I see no reason to draft a qb until Cousins or McCoy are gone. Continuing to develop Sudfeld as their #3 qb is fine to me. He's bigger and has a stronger arm than Peterman anyways.


I probably take a QB next year anyway because I have heard that's a much deeper class
_________________

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Walterfootball Redskins Mock Draft:

1. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
2. Chris Wormley, DE (5-tech)/DT, Michigan
3. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
4. Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
4. Shelton Gibson, WR, WVU

Who I'd take to finish out this draft:

5: Ryan Glasgow, DT/3-tech, Michigan
6: Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson
6: Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
7: Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
7: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.

My only problem with Walters's selection is Peterman in round 3. He does it because he's projecting that Cousins won't be back next year - which I don't disagree with necessarily - because no one can know for sure. That being said, the Redskins have Colt McCoy and drafted Nate Sudfeld last year to develop. I see no reason to draft a qb until Cousins or McCoy are gone. Continuing to develop Sudfeld as their #3 qb is fine to me. He's bigger and has a stronger arm than Peterman anyways.


I probably take a QB next year anyway because I have heard that's a much deeper class
Yeah, next year's class is supposed to be better but at the senior bowl they were comparing Peterman to Cousins.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 Pick 17: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt
Round 2 Pick 17: Caleb Brantley, DE/DT, Florida
Round 3 Pick 22 (MINN): Elijah Qualls, DT/NT, Washington
Round 4 Pick 7: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
Round 4 Pick 17: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia
Round 4 Pick 22 (MINN): Chad Hansen, WR, California
Round 5 Pick 10: Ben Braden, OG, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 15 (MINN): Sam Tevi, OT, Utah
Round 6 Pick 17: Johnathan Ford, FS, Auburn
Round 6 Pick 25: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
Round 7 Pick 2: Deatrich Wise Jr., DE, Arkansas
Round 7 Pick 17: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks)
3/26/17, 1:35 PM

Quote:
I know he's undersized but Pitt edge rusher Ejuan Price is fun to watch!


He could be a mid to late round steal! Cool

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status/846053086988713984
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking Football (@Breaking_FB)
3/25/17, 4:52 PM
Quote:
Check out our Josh Jones scouting report from @SteveDraft_! Jones draws a comparison to a polarizing player: 👇


http://breakingfootball.com/13441-2/ pic.twitter.com/Nicz3z3tYB

This scouting report of SS, Josh Jones from NC St. says he compares to Deon Buchanan.

http://breakingfootball.com/13441-2/

@Stevedraft
Quote:
Justin Evans scouting report complete. True definition of an interchangeable cover 2 Safety.


Two safeties we could draft that we can develop behind Swearinger and Cravens. We need depth at the position, especially at SS.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casserly has the Redskins taking DE/DT Caleb Brantley with his 3rd mock draft.

They also had Jarrad Davis as the 3rd best ILB last night on NFL.com path to draft after Foster and Reddick. I'd love to get either of those Florida defenders in round 1.

Chris Burke at SI.com has the Redskins taking:

Round 1: MALIK MCDOWELL, DE/DT, MICHIGAN STATE


Quote:
If those who continue to question his level of desire are to be believed, a McDowell pick is not risk-free. But the potential reward is pretty apparent, too. They don’t build ’em like McDowell, who has top-five talent among this class if he finds his motivation.


Round 2: Desmond King, CB/FS, Iowa

Round 3: Brad Kaya, QB, Miami

I have to say I don't love the round 2 Pick very much because I'd rather see us take a front 7 player again and in round 3 I'd rather us take a running back or basically anything but a Qb.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the skins drafting a Qb this year. They have Kirk - all be it at the moment for only 1 more year - they have Colt McCoy and they already have a young Qb they're developing for his second season in the NFL, Nate Sudfeld. I just highly disagree that we'll take a Qb in this draft. Next year, if Kirk is gone, yes, we'll take one, but not in this draft IMHO.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Casserly has the Redskins taking DE/DT Caleb Brantley with his 3rd mock draft.

They also had Jarrad Davis as the 3rd best ILB last night on NFL.com path to draft after Foster and Reddick. I'd love to get either of those Florida defenders in round 1.


Brantley or Davis in the first? From what I've read that seems like a reach of almost a full round. Yes, we could use said gentlemen, but I'd rather make a play for them in the second.

Quote:
Chris Burke at SI.com has the Redskins taking:

Round 1: MALIK MCDOWELL, DE/DT, MICHIGAN STATE


Quote:
If those who continue to question his level of desire are to be believed, a McDowell pick is not risk-free. But the potential reward is pretty apparent, too. They don’t build ’em like McDowell, who has top-five talent among this class if he finds his motivation.


Round 2: Desmond King, CB/FS, Iowa

Round 3: Brad Kaya, QB, Miami

I have to say I don't love the round 2 Pick very much because I'd rather see us take a front 7 player again and in round 3 I'd rather us take a running back or basically anything but a Qb.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the skins drafting a Qb this year. They have Kirk - all be it at the moment for only 1 more year - they have Colt McCoy and they already have a young Qb they're developing for his season Nate Sudfeld. I just highly disagree that we'll take a Qb in this draft. Next year, if Kirk is gone, yes, we'll take one, but not in this draft IMHO.


King in 2 isn't the worst option, though it's odd he lists King as a corner. If you look at the whole round two for Burke, he only has seven offensive players going in that round. Could make an argument for a Dion Dawkins or Dan Feeney there instead of King. A darkhorse pick would be Evan Engram.

I would very much prefer a Dalvin Tomlinson or Carlos Watkins at 3 instead of Kaaya. That said, I can understand the mindset that the Redskins draft a QB in this draft. I just rather it not be Kaaya.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 26086
Location: Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're serious about meeting our needs, the best draft would be:

Round 1: David Njoku - Playmaker at TE to help whoever our terrible QB is when Cousins tells us to screw off. Helps the oft injured Jordan Reed

Round 2: Danny Isidora - A power guard to help the running game from sucking so hard.

Round 3: Brad Kaaya - A QB to help us survive in an era where Cousins tells us to screw off

Round 4: Rayshawn Jenkins - A free safety to replace all our trash at that position

Round 4: Corn Elder - A corner to help replace the bust that was Fuller

Round 5: Stacey Coley - Athletic WR to help replace Garcon and Djax

Round 6: Justin Vogel - A punter to aid our offense that won't ever score without Cousins

Round 6: Adrian Colber - Additional athleticism in the secondary. Ran a 4.3 at pro day.

Round 7: Al-Quadin Muhhamad - Natural pass rusher, gonna drop in the draft due to off field issues

Round 7: Jeezy Fanatic - A rah rah guy that will help team chemistry. Steps in day 1 as a starter in that role after losing locker room guys like Garcon and Chris Baker.
_________________


Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Casserly has the Redskins taking DE/DT Caleb Brantley with his 3rd mock draft.

They also had Jarrad Davis as the 3rd best ILB last night on NFL.com path to draft after Foster and Reddick. I'd love to get either of those Florida defenders in round 1.


Brantley or Davis in the first? From what I've read that seems like a reach of almost a full round. Yes, we could use said gentlemen, but I'd rather make a play for them in the second.
Casserly did say on TV when he explained his mock that if the skins did go this route, it would make sense for them to trade back and get more picks because they could still draft these guys in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Keep in mind though that if we really wanted either guy, they might go in the top half of round 2 or the very end of round 1 so, we would miss on them.

Quote:
Quote:
Chris Burke at SI.com has the Redskins taking:

Round 1: MALIK MCDOWELL, DE/DT, MICHIGAN STATE


Quote:
If those who continue to question his level of desire are to be believed, a McDowell pick is not risk-free. But the potential reward is pretty apparent, too. They don’t build ’em like McDowell, who has top-five talent among this class if he finds his motivation.


Round 2: Desmond King, CB/FS, Iowa

Round 3: Brad Kaya, QB, Miami

I have to say I don't love the round 2 Pick very much because I'd rather see us take a front 7 player again and in round 3 I'd rather us take a running back or basically anything but a Qb.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the skins drafting a Qb this year. They have Kirk - all be it at the moment for only 1 more year - they have Colt McCoy and they already have a young Qb they're developing for his season Nate Sudfeld. I just highly disagree that we'll take a Qb in this draft. Next year, if Kirk is gone, yes, we'll take one, but not in this draft IMHO.


King in 2 isn't the worst option, though it's odd he lists King as a corner. If you look at the whole round two for Burke, he only has seven offensive players going in that round. Could make an argument for a Dion Dawkins or Dan Feeney there instead of King. A darkhorse pick would be Evan Engram.

I would very much prefer a Dalvin Tomlinson or Carlos Watkins at 3 instead of Kaaya. That said, I can understand the mindset that the Redskins draft a QB in this draft. I just rather it not be Kaaya.
I agree about what you said about King and the Kaya selection. I just don't think we should draft a qb ata this draft. If we do, we are basically giving up on Nate Sudfeld after one season. There's no way I see that happening. Knowing Gruden and how he likes to develop Qbs and the arm talent that Sudfeld has, Gruden will want to continue to develop Sudfeld.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Malik McDowell is he's super raw and hasn't really shown the ability to be a good football player yet. He is an impressive 6'6" 295 lbs and was a top recruit coming out of high school, but in 3 years he has 7.5 career sacks (and 4.5 coming in his Sophomore year, he dropped back to 1.5 his Junior year). You're swinging for the fences if you take him, he's just as likely to be a complete bust as he is to be a probowler.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
If we're serious about meeting our needs, the best draft would be:

Round 1: David Njoku - Playmaker at TE to help whoever our terrible QB is when Cousins tells us to screw off. Helps the oft injured Jordan Reed

Round 2: Danny Isidora - A power guard to help the running game from sucking so hard.

Round 3: Brad Kaaya - A QB to help us survive in an era where Cousins tells us to screw off

Round 4: Rayshawn Jenkins - A free safety to replace all our trash at that position

Round 4: Corn Elder - A corner to help replace the bust that was Fuller

Round 5: Stacey Coley - Athletic WR to help replace Garcon and Djax

Round 6: Justin Vogel - A punter to aid our offense that won't ever score without Cousins

Round 6: Adrian Colber - Additional athleticism in the secondary. Ran a 4.3 at pro day.

Round 7: Al-Quadin Muhhamad - Natural pass rusher, gonna drop in the draft due to off field issues

Round 7: Jeezy Fanatic - A rah rah guy that will help team chemistry. Steps in day 1 as a starter in that role after losing locker room guys like Garcon and Chris Baker.


You forget: Allen has deep ties to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, not the University of Miami. Wink Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I agree about what you said about King and the Kaya selection. I just don't think we should draft a qb ata this draft. If we do, we are basically giving up on Nate Sudfeld after one season. There's no way I see that happening. Knowing Gruden and how he likes to develop Qbs and the arm talent that Sudfeld has, Gruden will want to continue to develop Sudfeld.


He's a sixth round pick. It's not like they have that much invested in him. Teams have given up on 2nd and 3rd round QBs after one season, so it's not like it isn't without precedent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 43 of 48

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group