Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8934
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Monk HOF wrote:
IMO, With the moves we have made in Free Agency, I think our first pick should be LB. Most people in the Forum who want a LB in the 1st Rd, want Z Cunningham. I would choose H Reddick who is more versatile and more stout. He can play the run and cover people and blitz if you need him to. Z Cunningham misses tackles and has a hard time shedding blockers. Reddick is more of a thumper and wouldn't get run over as easily as Cunningham.


I'd be completely fine with Reddick. Unfortunately, given his performance in the Senior Bowl and Combine, I just don't think he'll be available at 17.


I can see him making it to 17 and his absolute floor will be Pittsburgh
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need a NT, because I've been reading they want to play McGee at the 2-gapping DE spot that Baker used to play. There aren't any NTs worth selecting in round 1 though, so I agree that ILB would be my preference and I think Riddick could be here too, if not, Cunningham is an athletic beast who'd be a huge upgrade over Compton at that spot. Think Keenan Robinson but more sound and not as soft.

Round 2 or 3 we should take a NT who is a big time run stuffer.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 9848
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
We still need a NT, because I've been reading they want to play McGee at the 2-gapping DE spot that Baker used to play. There aren't any NTs worth selecting in round 1 though, so I agree that ILB would be my preference and I think Riddick could be here too, if not, Cunningham is an athletic beast who'd be a huge upgrade over Compton at that spot. Think Keenan Robinson but more sound and not as soft.

Round 2 or 3 we should take a NT who is a big time run stuffer.


Which is why they've been in talks with Logan and maybe Hankins too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Mock:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Round 3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Round 4: Josh Harvey Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 4: Isaac Aisiata, OG, Utah
Round 5: Daeshon Hall, OLB/5 tech, Tex A&M
Round 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
Round 6: DeAgelo Brown, NT, Louisville
Round 6: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8934
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
We still need a NT, because I've been reading they want to play McGee at the 2-gapping DE spot that Baker used to play. There aren't any NTs worth selecting in round 1 though, so I agree that ILB would be my preference and I think Riddick could be here too, if not, Cunningham is an athletic beast who'd be a huge upgrade over Compton at that spot. Think Keenan Robinson but more sound and not as soft.

Round 2 or 3 we should take a NT who is a big time run stuffer.


Would much rather Reddick than Cunningham there. Also a big fan of Jarrad Davis at ILB
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
We still need a NT, because I've been reading they want to play McGee at the 2-gapping DE spot that Baker used to play. There aren't any NTs worth selecting in round 1 though, so I agree that ILB would be my preference and I think Riddick could be here too, if not, Cunningham is an athletic beast who'd be a huge upgrade over Compton at that spot. Think Keenan Robinson but more sound and not as soft.

Round 2 or 3 we should take a NT who is a big time run stuffer.


Which is why they've been in talks with Logan and maybe Hankins too.
Well they're not signed. So for the current time I'd say we might have to draft one.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
We still need a NT, because I've been reading they want to play McGee at the 2-gapping DE spot that Baker used to play. There aren't any NTs worth selecting in round 1 though, so I agree that ILB would be my preference and I think Riddick could be here too, if not, Cunningham is an athletic beast who'd be a huge upgrade over Compton at that spot. Think Keenan Robinson but more sound and not as soft.

Round 2 or 3 we should take a NT who is a big time run stuffer.


Would much rather Reddick than Cunningham there. Also a big fan of Jarrad Davis at ILB
Not me, Foster and Cunningham are the guys I want most.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26565
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
New Mock:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Round 3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Round 4: Josh Harvey Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 4: Isaac Aisiata, OG, Utah
Round 5: Daeshon Hall, OLB/5 tech, Tex A&M
Round 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
Round 6: DeAgelo Brown, NT, Louisville
Round 6: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St


1. We don't have two 5th round picks. Our natural one went back to San Francisco in exchange for Carrier.
2. Why are you taking a strong safety with 4A? It might make more sense to make the play for the TE there than at 6B.
3. For what it's worth, DraftTek has Hall as their 119th best overall player as a 5-tech, but would project him as 212th as an edge rusher. Sounds like he's a trench guy.
4. Why two nose tackles (2 and 6A)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Mock:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Round 3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Round 4: Josh Harvey Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 4: Isaac Aisiata, OG, Utah
Round 5: Daeshon Hall, OLB/5 tech, Tex A&M
Round 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
Round 6: DeAgelo Brown, NT, Louisville
Round 6: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St


1. We don't have two 5th round picks. Our natural one went back to San Francisco in exchange for Carrier.
2. Why are you taking a strong safety with 4A? It might make more sense to make the play for the TE there than at 6B.

3. For what it's worth, DraftTek has Hall as their 119th best overall player as a 5-tech, but would project him as 212th as an edge rusher. Sounds like he's a trench guy.

4. Why two nose tackles (2 and 6A)?
1. We have it back because carrier didn't play enough because of his knee injury and instead they get our 7th.

2. The guy is the size of Chancellor he's 6'4, 230 and is an eraser as an in the box guy who hits like a ton of bricks and plays the run like a linebacker. Good to have him to develop, we need depth because Cravens got two injuries last year and it hurt our defense done the stretch.

3. Hall is a Murphy/Preston Smith type, he could go either way that's why I put Olb or 5-tech because we could do either with him. As an OLB he's a LOLB I don't think he can consistently beat LTs, or continue to put weight on him and play him at 5 tech like we still could do with Murphy but they're capable of doing both.

4. We need 2 because other than if we put McGee there we don't have any rally on our roster unless you consider Phil Taylor and Mbu. I think Ioannidis is best at DE, not NT, he plays too high and is not that strong at the point of attack. Also, I love DeAngelo Brown as a run stuffer, he's but not very athletic but he's stout. He's the best available at that point.

As for TE, I'm a big Josiah Price fan. He would have been a few rounds higher if Mich St had a qb this year and he's as good a blocker as any TE in the draft. He's a compete TE, something we haven't had anything close to since Cooley or Yoder?
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26565
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Mock:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Round 3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Round 4: Josh Harvey Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 4: Isaac Aisiata, OG, Utah
Round 5: Daeshon Hall, OLB/5 tech, Tex A&M
Round 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
Round 6: DeAgelo Brown, NT, Louisville
Round 6: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St


1. We don't have two 5th round picks. Our natural one went back to San Francisco in exchange for Carrier.
2. Why are you taking a strong safety with 4A? It might make more sense to make the play for the TE there than at 6B.

3. For what it's worth, DraftTek has Hall as their 119th best overall player as a 5-tech, but would project him as 212th as an edge rusher. Sounds like he's a trench guy.

4. Why two nose tackles (2 and 6A)?
1. We have it back because carrier didn't play enough because of his knee injury and instead they get our 7th.


Other way around. We still give them our 5th, but they give us their 7th because he didn't meet the performance numbers.

We have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths (ours and the Jets), a 5th (original the Saints), two 6ths (ours and the Texans), and two 7ths (ours and the 49ers)

Quote:
2. The guy is the size of Chancellor he's 6'4, 230 and is an eraser as an in the box guy who hits like a ton of bricks and plays the run like a linebacker. Good to have him to develop, we need depth because Cravens got two injuries last year and it hurt our defense done the stretch.


I don't understand how we would use both of them. While I like the Westbrook pick, why not go with a Marcus Williams or Marcus Maye there instead and then take a receiver at 4a?

Quote:
3. Hall is a Murphy/Preston Smith type, he could go either way that's why I put Olb or 5-tech because we could do either with him. As an OLB he's a LOLB I don't think he can consistently beat LTs, or continue to put weight on him and play him at 5 tech like we still could do with Murphy but they're capable of doing both.


Another example of why I hate the 3-4.

Quote:
4. We need 2 because other than if we put McGee there we don't have any rally on our roster unless you consider Phil Taylor and Mbu. I think Ioannidis is best at DE, not NT, he plays too high and is not that strong at the point of attack. Also, I love DeAngelo Brown as a run stuffer, he's but not very athletic but he's stout. He's the best available at that point.


*shrugs* Okay. Seems a bit overkill, but we could use the talent infusion I suppose.

Quote:
As for TE, I'm a big Josiah Price fan. He would have been a few rounds higher if Mich St had a qb this year and he's as good a blocker as any TE in the draft. He's a compete TE, something we haven't had anything close to since Cooley or Yoder?


What have we seen from Gruden that tells us we need a "complete" TE? We don't do enough running to necessitate a guy like that. Neither of our top TEs (Reed and Davis) last year were known for their blocking skills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Mock:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Round 3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Round 4: Josh Harvey Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 4: Isaac Aisiata, OG, Utah
Round 5: Daeshon Hall, OLB/5 tech, Tex A&M
Round 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
Round 6: DeAgelo Brown, NT, Louisville
Round 6: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St


1. We don't have two 5th round picks. Our natural one went back to San Francisco in exchange for Carrier.
2. Why are you taking a strong safety with 4A? It might make more sense to make the play for the TE there than at 6B.

3. For what it's worth, DraftTek has Hall as their 119th best overall player as a 5-tech, but would project him as 212th as an edge rusher. Sounds like he's a trench guy.

4. Why two nose tackles (2 and 6A)?
1. We have it back because carrier didn't play enough because of his knee injury and instead they get our 7th.


Other way around. We still give them our 5th, but they give us their 7th because he didn't meet the performance numbers.

We have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths (ours and the Jets), a 5th (original the Saints), two 6ths (ours and the Texans), and two 7ths (ours and the 49ers)

Quote:
2. The guy is the size of Chancellor he's 6'4, 230 and is an eraser as an in the box guy who hits like a ton of bricks and plays the run like a linebacker. Good to have him to develop, we need depth because Cravens got two injuries last year and it hurt our defense done the stretch.


I don't understand how we would use both of them. While I like the Westbrook pick, why not go with a Marcus Williams or Marcus Maye there instead and then take a receiver at 4a?

Quote:
3. Hall is a Murphy/Preston Smith type, he could go either way that's why I put Olb or 5-tech because we could do either with him. As an OLB he's a LOLB I don't think he can consistently beat LTs, or continue to put weight on him and play him at 5 tech like we still could do with Murphy but they're capable of doing both.


Another example of why I hate the 3-4.

Quote:
4. We need 2 because other than if we put McGee there we don't have any rally on our roster unless you consider Phil Taylor and Mbu. I think Ioannidis is best at DE, not NT, he plays too high and is not that strong at the point of attack. Also, I love DeAngelo Brown as a run stuffer, he's but not very athletic but he's stout. He's the best available at that point.


*shrugs* Okay. Seems a bit overkill, but we could use the talent infusion I suppose.

Quote:
As for TE, I'm a big Josiah Price fan. He would have been a few rounds higher if Mich St had a qb this year and he's as good a blocker as any TE in the draft. He's a compete TE, something we haven't had anything close to since Cooley or Yoder?


What have we seen from Gruden that tells us we need a "complete" TE? We don't do enough running to necessitate a guy like that. Neither of our top TEs (Reed and Davis) last year were known for their blocking skills.


The 3-4 is fine, we run multiple looks and fronts with it depending on down and distance. Having another versatile player to develop in the mold of Murphy and Smith like Hall can only help.

Harvey Clemons is a mid round draft pick, he'll be a reserve and special teams player. Again, Cravens was injured twice last year and his injury really hurt us the last few games of last year, we need to make sure we have better depth than journeymen like Nacho and Whitner IMO.

Overkill because I took a NT to develop in round 6? Whatever dude! Laughing He would most likely be on our practice squad next year.

As for TE, we haven't had a reliable blocking TE since 2014 when Paulsen was here and healthy. I still think we were dumb for not retaining him last year while we kept an extra WR & S. One of the biggest issues with our running game the last two years was the poor blocking from TEs. When Paulsen was here, he was an extension of the OL as a 270 pound tight end. We need that type of player again and I was disappointed Mccloughan didn't sign one before the season starter in 2015, instead he traded for a former wr who was learning to play TE. Huh? Confused
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monk HOF


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 2 picks, give me the Temple Connection of H. Reddick and D. Dawkins. Getting those 2 guys would be great. Much needed LB and plug and play left guard. 😀👍
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafttek Redskins draft:

Round 1: Ruben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Malik McDowell, DE (5-tech), Michigan St.
Round 3: Elijah Qualls, NT (1-tech), Washington
Round 4: Jaeel Johnson, DT (3-tech), Iowa
Round 4: Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS, Louisville
Round 5: David Sharpe, OG, Florida
Round 6: Paul Magloire, ILB, Arizona
Round 6: Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee St.
Round 7: Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
Round 7: Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse

I mean, I can't complain about it because we took so much defense. I do think it's a bit unrealistic for the skins to spend 8 of their 10 picks on defense though.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 4934
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a crazy year with evaluations and mock drafts. Mike Williams is projected anywhere from 6-30. If he is there at our kick we have to take him. He has the potential of a future HOF. Just our luck we have Pryor and Williams is available. I'm not counting on doctson at all yet, but Crowder is a beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 79978
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
This is a crazy year with evaluations and mock drafts. Mike Williams is projected anywhere from 6-30. If he is there at our kick we have to take him. He has the potential of a future HOF. Just our luck we have Pryor and Williams is available. I'm not counting on doctson at all yet, but Crowder is a beast
You mean Terrence Williams?

I'm not sure of your point here.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group