You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Watson has accuracy problems. You can have that and still be a great college QB but it's a death sentence for any NFL starter. Honestly I see his ceiling as a Tyrod Taylor type. You can't take someone like that in the first round.
He completed 67% of his passes and many of his passes travel over 10 yards, it's not like he's captain check down or something. If anything, that might be his greatest flaw in that he forces too many throws downfield instead of taking what defenses give him which is more passes to Legett, Renfrow and Galman out of the backfield.

No qb comes out as a compete and perfect prospect our of college other than Peyton Manning.

Watson is a better prospect that Prescott coming out and all he's done is destroy the league with his arm and legs this year.
Accuracy is the one trait that isn't going to improve. He's either got it or he doesn't. I just don't see it. I view this as a very weak QB class.
Kirk Cousins has improved his accuracy, most Qbs do. A qb can improve in every area with good coschjg and better decision making.

Again, think Prescott or Cam Newton.
I 100% disagree with you.
You don't think Kirk has improved his accuracy since he was drafted? He's improved in very way IMO since 2012. Heck, he's moved immensely in every category since just 2014.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about drafting O.J. Howard in the 1st round? I don't take him if there is a stud defender there, but if not, and he's BPA, there are some good arguments for drafting him.

mike23md on the sig
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
What do you guys think about drafting O.J. Howard in the 1st round? I don't take him if there is a stud defender there, but if not, and he's BPA, there are some good arguments for drafting him.

I'm not even convinced he's much better than Bucky Hodges or David Njoku. Definite pass.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I'm not even convinced he's much better than Bucky Hodges or David Njoku. Definite pass.
OJ Howard is an elite blocking and receiving TE - Hodges isn't a good blocker and I don't see Njoku being a better blocker than Jordan Reed. The only reason I wouldn't take him is because we have Jordan Reed and we can probably re-sign Davis on a similar contract, maybe have to pay a little for.

Only I'd ever endorse the skins taking a TE in round 1 or 2 while we still have agreed is if our roster is stacked or we move Reed full time to receiver - which honestly they should consider - I've been saying that for 3 years. Reed full time at receiver is a huge advantage for us. We can use him outside and inside, not too different than what he does now other than he won't be lined up inline - no big deal, he's worse at that anyways.

If we moved Reed to WR then I'd take Oj Howard or Jake Butt over the other two.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Nah that's a luxury pick we can't afford to make this year.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
But, but best player available like Scherff & Doctson...

MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
If you hate our front office so much perhaps you should consider rooting for another team.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
If you hate our front office so much perhaps you should consider rooting for another team.
I don't hate them but they've made some mistakes, it'd be nice to see McCloughan apologists acknowledge that especially with his defensive decisions.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
I don't hate them but they've made some mistakes, it'd be nice to see McCloughan apologists acknowledge that especially with his defensive decisions.
Biggest mistake on defense was Joe Barry.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Biggest mistake on defense was Joe Barry.
Well obviously he wasn't the correct decision but beyond him over the past two years of McCloughan being our GM we've had many more mistakes than successes, particularly on the defensive side of the ball in player acquisitions. I'm hoping that finally changes this year.

Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I don't understand why you are trying to hold those picks against the GM. Both those picks could be BPA as well as a need. Scheriff has proven he is worth the pick and Doctson was specifically drafted for this year knowing we could potentially lose both Garcon and Jackson. Yes it would have been nice to see Doctson play some this past year but a GM can't control injuries.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard Williams was the BPA anyway.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

That's opinion thats why I said could be because everyone could be BPA because some people (probably majority) would say Williams is BPA but that doesn't mean other people don't rank them differently. Also regardless of how much teams say they go BPA the truth is they don't. They go BPA at a position of need. There will be very few cases that they go strictly BPA.

So if the players are ranked lets say 3 (Williams) and 4 (Scheriff) and there is a much bigger need at the player they ranked 4 they will draft the BPA at the position of need considering the rankings of the two players are very close.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

That's opinion thats why I said could be because everyone could be BPA because some people (probably majority) would say Williams is BPA but that doesn't mean other people don't rank them differently. Also regardless of how much teams say they go BPA the truth is they don't. They go BPA at a position of need. There will be very few cases that they go strictly BPA.

So if the players are ranked lets say 3 (Williams) and 4 (Scheriff) and there is a much bigger need at the player they ranked 4 they will draft the BPA at the position of need considering the rankings of the two players are very close.

Not to mention things like leadership, attitude, and toughness are also taken into account. It's a simplistic notion to assume these evaluations are based only on the skill of the player, though that should definitely be the largest factor.

mike23md on the sig
ripsean21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we talk about this Years prospects and their fit on this team please. Not a Mod just saying there's a ton of potential players to be excited about and upset about if we picked we can have the whole season to talk about all our wrong picks then can't we?

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 31 of 48

Jump to: