Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 College Football Season / Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
I don't feel like there's a single QB in this draft worth a first round pick.

I don't get how anyone can say that Watson isn't a first round pick. The problem with him is the spotlight is so big on him that when he makes a mistake (which he does because he's human) everyone goes crazy and and starts waving their hands in the air.

Arm? Check
Pocket presence? Check
Accuracy? Check
Speed? Check
Height? Check
Winner? Check
Character? Check

I know his INT numbers were a tad on the high side but thats mostly because he pressed too much sometimes. He has made some dumb decisions (INT in the 4th quarter in the loss to Pitt was BAD) but I personally think they are fixable. He's only 21 years old, he is far from a finished product but he has all the tangibles and intangibles to be successful.

Signed,

A biased Clemson Alum

Edit: His height is actually listed at 6'2 but he doesn't look that small on film. I know that shouldn't matter but I've never thought his height was an issue. Don't see a lot of ball batted down at the LOS.
Here's an example that I think fits here. Jameis Winston I believe had more turnovers than TDs in his second season starting, some said that was going to keep him from going #1 or 2 and his off the field issues. Watson doesn't have off the field issues and had some problems with ints this year because like Winston he forced some throws. It wasn't because he can't read defenses.

In 16 games he was 67%, 5013 yards, 44 TDs and 17 ints.

Pretty good #s...

Vs two defenses that arguably better than the Redskins defense and the 4 or 5 defenses worse than us in the NFL - OSU & Bama - he put up 31 & 35 points and was 64%, 420 yds, 3 TDs and a 145 rtg vs Bama and 64%, 259 yds, 1 TD & 2 ints, a 122.4 rtg.

He nearly through for twice as many yards and he threw for 10 more TDs than Cam Newton and Cam went #1 overall.

Watson should go #1 because he has a lot of potential, he's a great leader and a great on and off the field. He has all the things you checked off unlike what many thought of Newton and Winston coming out.

I think the Browns would extremely stupid to pass on two Qbs two years in a row that could lead them to a super bowl some day. It would be just as stupid as when they passed on the opportunity to take Julio Jones for more draft picks and when they selected Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson has accuracy problems. You can have that and still be a great college QB but it's a death sentence for any NFL starter. Honestly I see his ceiling as a Tyrod Taylor type. You can't take someone like that in the first round.

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Watson has accuracy problems. You can have that and still be a great college QB but it's a death sentence for any NFL starter. Honestly I see his ceiling as a Tyrod Taylor type. You can't take someone like that in the first round.
He completed 67% of his passes and many of his passes travel over 10 yards, it's not like he's captain check down or something. If anything, that might be his greatest flaw in that he forces too many throws downfield instead of taking what defenses give him which is more passes to Legett, Renfrow and Galman out of the backfield.

No qb comes out as a complete and perfect prospect out of college other than Peyton Manning.

Watson is a better prospect that Prescott coming out and all he's done is destroy the league with his arm and legs this year.

He's the best qb prospect in the draft, that matters and means he'll go top 10. I nrver thought Newton, Griffin, Winston or Locker deserves to go top 15 but they all did.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He completed 67% of his passes and many of his passes travel over 10 yards, it's not like he's captain check down or something. If anything, that might be his greatest flaw in that he forces too many throws downfield instead of taking what defenses give him which is more passes to Legett, Renfrow and Galman out of the backfield.

No qb comes out as a compete and perfect prospect our of college other than Peyton Manning.

Watson is a better prospect that Prescott coming out and all he's done is destroy the league with his arm and legs this year.
Accuracy is the one trait that isn't going to improve. He's either got it or he doesn't. I just don't see it. I view this as a very weak QB class.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

No qb comes out as a compete and perfect prospect our of college other than Peyton Manning.

Accuracy is the one trait that isn't going to improve. He's either got it or he doesn't. I just don't see it. I view this as a very weak QB class.
Kirk Cousins has improved his accuracy, most Qbs do. A qb can improve in every area with good coaching, better anticipation and better decision making.

Again, think Prescott or Cam Newton.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Kirk Cousins has improved his accuracy, most Qbs do. A qb can improve in every area with good coschjg and better decision making.

Again, think Prescott or Cam Newton.
I 100% disagree with you.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

I mean Watson is much more polished than Tyrod ever was coming out of college. I don't think that's a fair ceiling. It might sound like a weird comparassion but I see a lot of Matt Stafford in his game. He's a little faster and not as tall though. Now QB is a very hard position to project but I'm usually pretty good with Clemson players in general. (Except CJ Spiller who I think I wanted the Redskins to take over Trent Williams at the time Shocked )

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
S Duke Ihenacho
DE Ricky Jean-Francois
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I mean Watson is much more polished than Tyrod ever was coming out of college. I don't think that's a fair ceiling. It might sound like a weird comparassion but I see a lot of Matt Stafford in his game. He's a little faster and not as tall though. Now QB is a very hard position to project but I'm usually pretty good with Clemson players in general. (Except CJ Spiller who I think I wanted the Redskins to take over Trent Williams at the time Shocked )
Ya well I threw a tantrum when we passed on Blaine Gabbert, so what do I know? Kid could be the next Brady.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Ya well I threw a tantrum when we passed on Blaine Gabbert, so what do I know? Kid could be the next Brady.

Haha I remember feeling the same way. We finally had a chance at our franchise QB and we decide to trade back for some hack from Purdue. Cool

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
S Duke Ihenacho
DE Ricky Jean-Francois
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Haha I remember feeling the same way. We finally had a chance at our franchise QB and we decide to trade back for some hack from Purdue. Cool
Ya that slow pass rusher that couldn't play in a 3-4. In my defense, I was reeeeeeeallly drunk during that draft.

Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

You just copied my post tbh:

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
redskins468671 wrote:
Hooker is the rangy FS we have sorely need since ST died. Jamal Adams is also a great one. I'm really hoping one falls to us

Hooker would be my pick over every player except Jamal Allen in this draft. It sounds like he's going back to school but yes he's definitely a stud! Clemson wants that rematch with Bama!!!!! I also don't get the Watson knocks!! He isn't a QB that doesn't get picked in round 1!!! This guy has parts of his game to work on but the guy is a ball player!!! They are talking about him going 3rd round I know if he was there even if we resigned Kirk I'd take him all day!!!

Not impressed by Watson at all. Tyrod Taylor type ceiling

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/How%20Seven%20Teams%20Have%20Graded%20Deshaun%20Watson

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

You just copied my post tbh:

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
redskins468671 wrote:
Hooker is the rangy FS we have sorely need since ST died. Jamal Adams is also a great one. I'm really hoping one falls to us

Hooker would be my pick over every player except Jamal Allen in this draft. It sounds like he's going back to school but yes he's definitely a stud! Clemson wants that rematch with Bama!!!!! I also don't get the Watson knocks!! He isn't a QB that doesn't get picked in round 1!!! This guy has parts of his game to work on but the guy is a ball player!!! They are talking about him going 3rd round I know if he was there even if we resigned Kirk I'd take him all day!!!

Not impressed by Watson at all. Tyrod Taylor type ceiling
My bad.

Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/How%20Seven%20Teams%20Have%20Graded%20Deshaun%20Watson

Yup, more hype than substance. I really like his receiver, Mike Williams, though obviously not as the Skins pick. Guy's catch radius is insane.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

So did I. Honestly though, the I think the Shanahan's could have molded him into something than Jax and SF/Chip Kelley did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 30 of 38

Jump to: